20240731_034745.jpg

It's a reunion amongst old friends that I'm travelling to, lets get the party started!

8 grams of Primo Durban Poison bud and a half gram of shatter.

After a few too many drinks I'll pull it out. I call it Vladimir Pukin'. 😎
Have a great time!

I hear some people use automatic drip feeders to water their plants when they're away. ;)

:laughtwo:

20240731_040258.jpg

All 6 cuts of RVDV look happy. I only need 1 to preserve her.

My end game with her is to figure out how to get her to not cannibalize herself at Day 35.

I think veg teas all the way thru flower with a heavy mineral top dressing in large pots should do it.

She is either craving the extra nitrogen or the minerals stored in the fans once stretch is finished. I think its the nitrogen.

I also want to grow her until she stops pushing white hairs, irregardless of what the trichs say, so having some fans left would be nice.

Some golf ball sized pure red nuggets would be cool, even if it means some amber trichomes.😎

When you feed your teas is it a normal 12.5% watering or do you try to really soak the soil?
I like to do a full watering 1st, a good heavy one to fully hydrate the soil, then immediately add about 12.5% tea.

That gives me a fair bit of runoff as the tea pushes the water out but it ensures full homogenization with the entire pot.

For you that will likely fill your reservoir, so use your best discretion there as to whether or not you want tea in your res and or anything in it for that matter.

Myself I think I would let the res fill with the tea runoff and see how it goes, but you have the SIP experience so do what you think is best long term there.

If you think it will go skanky then just give it an hour to fully reabsorb upwards and then dump the res.

Have a great time!

I hear some people use automatic drip feeders to water their plants when they're away. ;)

:laughtwo:
Yeah I hear you there, but the drip rings need to be installed over the plants when they are small and they don't fit on 1.6gal pots like the ones in the tent, so it is what it is. I think they will be OK.

The ones in the tent have already eaten all the fans so it's not like a droughting at day 60 can do any more harm.

Hopefully the outdoor gals survive. Fully saturated 25gal pots with relatively small plants in them should be fine.

The 7gal cubes worry me but being in the shade for the hottest part of the day should help.

As long as 1 RVDV survives, I can see if they will ripen outdoors before the 1st frosts show up.

It would be nice to be able to grow sativas outdoors in my region.

20240731_040258.jpg

All 6 cuts of RVDV look happy. I only need 1 to preserve her.

My end game with her is to figure out how to get her to not cannibalize herself at Day 35.

I think veg teas all the way thru flower with a heavy mineral top dressing in large pots should do it.

She is either craving the extra nitrogen or the minerals stored in the fans once stretch is finished. I think its the nitrogen.

I also want to grow her until she stops pushing white hairs, irregardless of what the trichs say, so having some fans left would be nice.

Some golf ball sized pure red nuggets would be cool, even if it means some amber trichomes.😎
If you look closely you will see that I topped 1 of the clones. I want to see if it shapes out OK. It may have a good mother plant shape.

They are being stored in the freezer until the bush is picked clean as they all don't ripen at once. After the full harvest get's tallied my plan is to toss some onto my oatmeal every morning, unless of course the Big Boss puts the kibosh on that🤣
Nice! Are they bitter like a cranberry or do they have a sweetness to them? Or both?
Have fun at the party!

I like to do a full watering 1st, a good heavy one to fully hydrate the soil, then immediately add about 12.5% tea.

That gives me a fair bit of runoff as the tea pushes the water out but it ensures full homogenization with the entire pot.

For you that will likely fill your reservoir, so use your best discretion there as to whether or not you want tea in your res and or anything in it for that matter.

Myself I think I would let the res fill with the tea runoff and see how it goes, but you have the SIP experience so do what you think is best long term there.

If you think it will go skanky then just give it an hour to fully reabsorb upwards and then dump the res.
Ok. I'll just do a full watering with the tea. I mean it's not like I have a shortage. I made a half gallon that will dilute to a full gallon after all. 🤣

That way I skip most of the reservoir issue and I still have left over to give to the veggies and input plants.

Ok, let's see what all of the fuss is about. The tea has been delivered. :thumb:

The target plant brixed at 12.5 with a fuzzy line 3 days after the molasses water so, although not all that inspired it is encouraging that I can get above the glass ceiling with the old soil mix, so any increase from the tea will be welcomed.

The 1 gallon pitcher set-up wasn't very messy at all with the lid on and it seems like I could make half again as much without issue so I may try that next round, at least while I have outside plants and a compost pile I can distribute some to as needed.

I'll plan on brixing again in a few days and see if there's any magic to be had.

10ish.

So a 2-3 point bump is probably not a lot from the sugar but that likely speaks to my soil.
It's the onetime free priming of the pump.

You feed the microbes a high carbon diet, they poop it out, and the plant gets a good meal allowing it to make more exudates to feed back to the microbes.

The problem is that no new dump trucks got built and every day you need a few more than yesterday, so if P is in your soil the priming is properly effective, but if it's lacking and no new dump trucks are available the plant simply can't send the newfound exudates back down to the microbes.

Without exudates from the plant the microbe health/population quickly reverts back to where it was before the priming.

I know you say that P is not mobile and therefore has to be globally applied to be effective and that's not what I have in my mix. But, can I assume that the multitude of microbes that were produced in my tea that in part consumed the bone meal and were then watered in, effectively brought P throughout the mix and that maybe the dumptrucks can start being built?

Also, why The Rev's caution to not use the tea more frequently than once every 10 days, just wasteful because the microbes take that long to get used up or something more sinister?

I know you say that P is not mobile and therefore has to be globally applied to be effective and that's not what I have in my mix. But, can I assume that the multitude of microbes that were produced in my tea that in part consumed the bone meal and were then watered in, effectively brought P throughout the mix and that maybe the dumptrucks can start being built?

Also, why The Rev's caution to not use the tea more frequently than once every 10 days, just wasteful because the microbes take that long to get used up or something more sinister?
P isn't very mobile in soil. Inside the plant P is extremely mobile. P carries ATP and ATP is where cells get the energy to move nutrients thru their membranes, so P comes into the plant, loads up with energy, and delivers energy to the cells so they can transport other nutrients. It also gets used up in photosynthesis.

The microbes definitely bring P in from the tea. If a microbe doesn't process it then it stays stuck in the soil when you dump the tea into the soil until a microbe in the soil finds it and eats it. Putting EWC into the tea speeds the process.

As for Rev, I think back in the day he was starting to notice that too many feedings were messing with his soil PH. Thats just a guess on my part, but his teas have a fair bit of organic matter in it, and until it properly cooks it drives PH down until it cooks. Everything organic takes 10-14 days.

Testing cooking soils PH is how you know when cooking is complete.

Teas bring raw organic matter and if added, molasses, which will mess up the microbes if used too often, so I only use 1 or 2 over an entire grow, with kelp being the only organic matter, and only enough molasses to barely sustain the microbe explosion if EWC is added.

So yes, you can assume the microbes in the tea upped the P availability to the plant.

The microbes eat it and attach an oxygen molecule to it so it is recognized as food and if the plant is lucky enough to have the microbe poop in the tea rinse across a root or get snagged by myco, it gets into the plant.

Water won't really move P in the soil as it is electrically stickier than it is heavy, so the plant must find it after the microbes process it, but it won't leach out like calcium does. It stays where it's put.

When roots find it in it's raw form they squirt exudates on it so the microbes will process an O2 molecule onto it right there with the root or myco waiting for it.

The more P a plant gets, the more it can photosynthesize sugars to squirt more P with.

The more you have the more you get. The rich get richer.

Calcium carries the signals that run P transport. Carbon for the exudates comes from CO2.

So there you have it. Microbes attaching O2 to P to assimilate carbon into sugars and its all signalled by calcium. The 5 parts of brix.

P carries ATP and ATP is where cells get the energy to move nutrients thru their membranes, so P comes into the plant, loads up with energy, and delivers energy to the cells so they can transport other nutrients. It also gets used up in photosynthesis.
ATP?

Back
Top Bottom