The swicky cup clone trial was on day 21 and only 1 showed roots. The soil was too wet.

I declared it a fail and disected the clones.

They all had roots starting but one, however over 3 weeks to root is just too long.

20230225_154819.jpg
20230225_154804.jpg
20230225_154755.jpg

Have you tried that with success in the past?
On conventional soil clones yes, and it works, but you need to watch for the wilt and as soon as any stem or stalk starts to wilt then close it up, similar to hardening off but if they wilt for even a bit too long they get scars.

OK @Carmen Ray here it is.

We were having a discussion about an article The Rev wrote stating that if you sprout regular seeds under a 12/12 light schedule for their 1st 10 days of life, then flip them to 18/6 veg lighting, by day 30 you should see sex.

I screwed up and went for 13 days at 12/12 and then flipped to 18/6 and got sex showing on day 25.

Possibly day 24 as I wasn't home to look.

A 2nd showed late day 25 and I confirmed on day 26.

Both girls.

On day 26 a 1st male showed and I think possibly a 2nd but will confirm tomorrow.

When Azi discovered my mistake he immediately popped a seed and will flip to 18/6 on day 10 and we can compare results.
Thank you Gee!

No hate. Circle of Life and all that. No females without males (well unless you science it I guess).

And, don't be a greedy bastard. Sounds like you have a higher percentage of females already. :rolleyes:

BTW, I've heard that environment can play a role in determining sex as in, less than ideal temp/humidity can lead to more males, which suggests sex isn't predetermined in the seed.

Any truth to that do you think?

No hate. Circle of Life and all that. No females without males (well unless you science it I guess).

And, don't be a greedy bastard. Sounds like you have a higher percentage of females already. :rolleyes:

BTW, I've heard that environment can play a role in determining sex as in, less than ideal temp/humidity can lead to more males, which suggests sex isn't predetermined in the seed.

Any truth to that do you think?
I have heard the same but really have no idea. I normally get slightly more females, probably 55/45 or maybe 60/40 but I think thats natures way.

My 1st pack of Hemmy Black was 100% males while the other seeds from Kingdom Organic sprouted at the same time were about 60/40 so I mentioned it to Rev, only as a bit of a " kicking all the boys out of the house" joke and he comped me 2 packs.

He also sent me the wrong strain once, and again comped me the same

Good guy❤️

Back
Top Bottom