I bet they hit the gee spot
Well it is the target no?
You calling him effeminate?

😂
I don't think like a women.....

811572_attachment_jpeg05d3189c3adf883faec5e1cdaf2a0d73.jpeg

I just read the instruction manual on them. Page 91,314 ... The Gee Spot... See, it's right here...

So I got home from a fantastic week and a half of beach and forest and the grow still looks unhappy.

To the point that I'm about to start a 2nd one in the veg tent and if these ones don't come around I will feed them to the worms.

So before making a bad decision I went back over my soil recipe just to double check and I think I found the problem. (Yeah I'm a stoner SMH) lol all you lurkers and new growers, this will make you smile, probably even belly laugh. You seasoned pro's can all line up to tell me I'm an idiot, and you will be correct. @Keffka ... you go shush in the corner🤣. I already fucked a hundred bucks worth of seeds. Just because I would rub it in on you (in a fun-loving ribbing of course) doesn't mean you can beat me up for a stupid mistake lolol.

My recipe is for 20 gallons of soil, so I'm reading thru it and it says 7 cups of prilled dolomite. I'm thinking WTF??!!. 7 is what I need for 40 gallons, which is the amount I use at once, but making 20 gallons per tub, I should have used 3.5 cups, and thats with the 25% extra added in as recommended by the light manufacturer.

So I double-calciumed the mix, well double-dolomited to be exact. The gypsum and oyster shell flour are correct. No wonder nothing is working. I'm surprised they didn't die on the spot. Tough plants.

So the 2 remaining used Durban pots will get rebuilt tomorrow, correctly this time, and we shall try again.

I have some soil left over from the successful Durban grow so I may start some seeds in solos in a couple weeks to get things rolling unless this current grow perks up.

If I have to push the reset button then all this hot soil will get scattered around my outdoor veggie gardens.

Thats 3.5 cups of dolomite per 10 gallons. Poor plants, it should be 1.5-1.75 per 10 gallons.

The worst part is I used 10 gallons of beautiful EWC in that big pot😭.

Stupid Gee! Stupid Gee!

At least I found the problem.

So if any of you are using the recipe I posted in here. It should read 3.5 cups dolomite per 20 gallon batch, not 7 cups per 20 gallon batch. Sorry if I screwed you up.

Well, at least you caught it. Saves chasing your tail for all the other things you could think it might be.
Yes, and the 40gal pot was half used and half double-dolomited, so it is cut but to what degree I have no idea.

I have about 10 gallons of double-dolomited soil still in a tub too, so I'm thinking I may try 20 gallons of used soil still in the pots from the Durban grow, 10 gallons of double-dolomited soil, and 10 gallons of EWC with no other ammendments other than perlite.

If I have to rescue them I will, but at least I could skip the 2 month cooking time.

I will also let these ones grow as long as I can to both see what happens and to eat up as much calcium as I can.

I'm toying with the idea of increasing the light to 1000 ppfd, and if they can handle that then keep increasing and try to make them sweat the dolomite out to get it to a better level before I feed it to the garden. Without CO2 they will burn thru the dolomite really fast if they can handle the light.

The soil's EC must be pretty high so we could see what happens😎

It's a good thing the stash is good for at least 18 months of supply. My buddies might not like being cut off tho🤣

Yeah lets try it.... PPFD just went to 1000.
Tomorrow I will commit to a new soil mix.

Yes, and the 40gal pot was half used and half double-dolomited, so it is cut but to what degree I have no idea.

I have about 10 gallons of double-dolomited soil still in a tub too, so I'm thinking I may try 20 gallons of used soil still in the pots from the Durban grow, 10 gallons of double-dolomited soil, and 10 gallons of EWC with no other ammendments other than perlite.

If I have to rescue them I will, but at least I could skip the 2 month cooking time.

I will also let these ones grow as long as I can to both see what happens and to eat up as much calcium as I can.

I'm toying with the idea of increasing the light to 1000 ppfd, and if they can handle that then keep increasing and try to make them sweat the dolomite out to get it to a better level before I feed it to the garden. Without CO2 they will burn thru the dolomite really fast if they can handle the light.

It's a good thing the stash is good for at least 18 months of supply. My buddies might not like being cut off tho🤣

Good luck with it, my ppfd is through the roof at the moment closest collar is getting about 1640ppfd with no ill effect yet .

So I got home from a fantastic week and a half of beach and forest and the grow still looks unhappy.

To the point that I'm about to start a 2nd one in the veg tent and if these ones don't come around I will feed them to the worms.

So before making a bad decision I went back over my soil recipe just to double check and I think I found the problem. (Yeah I'm a stoner SMH) lol all you lurkers and new growers, this will make you smile, probably even belly laugh. You seasoned pro's can all line up to tell me I'm an idiot, and you will be correct. @Keffka ... you go shush in the corner🤣. I already fucked a hundred bucks worth of seeds. Just because I would rub it in on you (in a fun-loving ribbing of course) doesn't mean you can beat me up for a stupid mistake lolol.

My recipe is for 20 gallons of soil, so I'm reading thru it and it says 7 cups of prilled dolomite. I'm thinking WTF??!!. 7 is what I need for 40 gallons, which is the amount I use at once, but making 20 gallons per tub, I should have used 3.5 cups, and thats with the 25% extra added in as recommended by the light manufacturer.

So I double-calciumed the mix, well double-dolomited to be exact. The gypsum and oyster shell flour are correct. No wonder nothing is working. I'm surprised they didn't die on the spot. Tough plants.

So the 2 remaining used Durban pots will get rebuilt tomorrow, correctly this time, and we shall try again.

I have some soil left over from the successful Durban grow so I may start some seeds in solos in a couple weeks to get things rolling unless this current grow perks up.

If I have to push the reset button then all this hot soil will get scattered around my outdoor veggie gardens.

Thats 3.5 cups of dolomite per 10 gallons. Poor plants, it should be 1.5-1.75 per 10 gallons.

Stupid Gee! Stupid Gee!

So if any of you are using the recipe I posted in here. It should read 3.5 cups dolomite per 20 gallon batch, not 7 cups per 20 gallon batch. Sorry if I screwed you up.
Dweeb...

Dolomite lime is detrimental without the inclusion of gypsum in the mix. I hope you're aware that Dolomite lime has a negative ratio of Mg:Ca of about 1:7 when the optimal is a Ca:Mg ratio of 2:1-4:1 growing Cannabis? You have to first of all get the ratio right and last of all cook it long enough before use. This is standard practice in traditional farming.

I think that's your main problem. Where's the extra Ca offsetting the bad Mg:Ca ratio of Dolomite Lime? You also added way to much from the get go as you self pointed out.

Hope that helps! Cheers!

Stupid Gee! Stupid Gee!

I'd be tempted to use that soil in a SIP to see if it would work without added cal/mag in the rez. Good troubleshooting!

Dolomite lime is detrimental without the inclusion of gypsum in the mix. I hope you're aware that Dolomite lime has a negative ratio of Mg:Ca of about 1:7 when the optimal is a Ca:Mg ratio of 2:1-4:1 growing Cannabis? You have to first of all get the ratio right and last of all cook it long enough before use. This is standard practice in traditional farming.

I think that's your main problem. Where's the extra Ca offsetting the bad Mg:Ca ratio of Dolomite Lime? You also added way to much from the get go as you self pointed out.

Hope that helps! Cheers!
Like I said a couple posts back, I accidentally doubled the dolomite, but the gypsum and oyster shell flour were used at correct amounts.

All dolomites are different. The one I use is 2:1 Ca:Mg. Adding the gypsum and oyster shell gets it to 3:1.

I have used this formula to success many times however accidentally doubling the dolomite in the mix has not only messed up the ratio's, pushing it back closer to 2:1, it's simply way too much Ca and Mg.

My only dilemma now is do I toss it all, or try to remix it and make it work. My morbid curiosity says "Lets fiddle with it and see" , but my common sense says cut your losses, get rid of the soil, and move on. My curiosity almost always trumps my common sense, but if I cut it down, even if it works, I will have tubs of soil laying everywhere so I would end up dumping a bunch into the outside gardens anyways.

I think I will cut a small amount and see how seeds like it. Fix the ratios in the cut and then decide what to do with the rest.

I cook everything.

Welcome back. I can offer nothing other than an encouraging smile. Well caught! :)
Carmen your grand smile is always offerings enough😊👊.

I learned a long time ago to always write down your inputs as you add them, don't just follow the recipe. That way when something goes wrong you can analyze it easier. Glad I did. Know your limit, play within it. 🤣🤣🤣

My best option would be to make another mix identical to this one with no dolomite in it, then mix the 2 mixes and let it cook again.

Thats likely what I will do, I just need to check my supplies to see if I have all the ingredients. I think I need coco.

I could always just buy a block of Promix and cut it 50:50 with this mix and then add some more gypsum and EWC. If it's too weak on the other inputs I can use rescue teas and topdress to harvest.

I won't be recycling this soil either way so I can toss it all now, or experiment and toss it all later.

Funny how all I really care about is the fact that I have 10 gallons of prime EWC in it, and that's the only reason I'm thinking of trying to save it. I really should just toss it all and start fresh.

I could topdress all my gardens with it right now and be done with it. They all get a calcium dusting in the Spring anyways, so this would just replace that.

I don't need the extra weed so I have time to cook.

I also need to start cooking my auto soil for my outdoor grows.

We shall see.

Decisions, decisions...

So this is where my reasoning is at.

Too much Ca hurts the plant.

If its a detriment to the plant then it's likely a detriment to myco and to some degree the microbes. Some microbes may enjoy this much calcium but the ones I want working for me probably don't enjoy this mix.

So if myco and microbes aren't working properly, then cooking, which is microbial action, wasn't working properly either.

So I have a 40 gallon pot of over-calciumed uncooked soil with 5 poor souls trying to survive in it.

So the 40gal needs to go. What I do with it, I dunno yet, but those plants can't survive what needs to be done to fix it.

So I am going to semi-reamend the 2 used Durban Poison 10gals I have from last grow with EWC, coco, and perlite. Nothing else so it requires no cooking time.

I know that mix worked, and I figure it was only about 65% used up, so it will be fine for veg.

Then I am going to dig up these plants, wash the roots, and re-myco them as I replant them into 1.66gal cloth pots of used and semi-amended DP soil.

I am going to soak the soil in a big pot, in a tub of RO water 1st, and let it drip out. That way, when I repot the bare roots they go into sopping wet soil.

I'm going to have to feed them for the 1st 5-10 days until myco links up, so I need it hydroponic for now.

I'll feed them cold hydrolysed fish fertilizer. It's got all the aminos and traces they need and fungii love it.

Once I see them start to establish they will get dried down to normal levels.

I won't keep them sopping wet, I just need to know for sure I have no dry spots and the liquid feeds can spread in all directions.

The cloth pots are thin cloth the wife made for me, they can't be overwatered really.

I will also mulch immediately after re-planting to help with warmth, and they will get heat mats too. Then I'll try for 70% RH and warm.

I suspect the rootballs from the plants will pop right out still in the shape of the solos. I wouldn't grow my roots into that soil 🤣If that happens it all gets way easier.

At least I know what I'm doing today.

I'll take pictures, before, after, and along the way.

I also turned the light back down.

I am going to soak the soil in a big pot, in a tub of RO water 1st, and let it drip out. That way, when I repot the bare roots they go into sopping wet soil.

I'm going to have to feed them for the 1st 5-10 days until myco links up, so I need it hydroponic for now.
But that would require water roots, not soil roots, no? And we find in SIPs that it usually takes a couple of weeks for the roots to adapt.

I know you're not planning on keeping the soil overly wet but I can say, as a quite accomplished overwaterer, replanting into overly wet soil doesn't sound like the best idea.

Back
Top Bottom