Cool pic!😍.

I'm not sure of the trail to Alaska, but I have hiked the "West Coast Trail". It was an 8 day trek along the outer coast of Vancouver Island. It was amazing. Very hard carrying a 60 pound pack, but worth it. The weather changes quick so you need a lot of gear. No stores or hotels or towns, just bush, canyons, and beaches. And hundreds of ladders. Climb down 300 rungs, cross an ankle deep creek, and climb back up 300 rungs.... over and over on some days. The BC coast is extremely dense but the hidden white sand beaches were worth it.
Yeah It will be a lot dif than here in the States where we have hostels and refuel stores at every bend lol :D

That is what I like, Roughing it and toating it all on my back. I am not an UltraLight BackPacker for sure. I am excited about being alone out in the wilderness for a week with no one but my friends and dog. I have yet to find a good hiking bud. Except for my pup.

Very hard carrying a 60 pound pack, but worth it.

This made me chuckle a bit. When we were in Afghanistan our FOB was in a valley 6600 feet above sea level. We were ringed by mountains but had enough of the valley to establish an airfield for large planes. This of course meant you had to patrol the mountains on foot after being flown up in a chinook. Our rucks weighed about 120 pounds. Our armor and magazines weighed about 45 pounds, plus whatever weapon you were carrying. So we’re 6600 to 10,000 feet above sea level with 165 pounds worth of gear on our body, rucking up and down mountain ridges. It was awful 🤣

I will say though, I’ve never seen a night sky like that in my life. You’re already up so high you’re near clouds, but being able to see space so clearly was something I’ll never forget. No light pollution, no civilization, just you and a handful of others. You could see everything. I had no idea just how many stars and colors were in the night sky until then. That view alone made everything worth it honestly.

I also came back from Afghanistan as an absolute beast. When we came back to sea level it felt like I had been training in a hyperbaric chamber for months.

This made me chuckle a bit. When we were in Afghanistan our FOB was in a valley 6600 feet above sea level. We were ringed by mountains but had enough of the valley to establish an airfield for large planes. This of course meant you had to patrol the mountains on foot after being flown up in a chinook. Our rucks weighed about 120 pounds. Our armor and magazines weighed about 45 pounds, plus whatever weapon you were carrying. So we’re 6600 to 10,000 feet above sea level with 165 pounds worth of gear on our body, rucking up and down mountain ridges. It was awful 🤣

I will say though, I’ve never seen a night sky like that in my life. You’re already up so high you’re near clouds, but being able to see space so clearly was something I’ll never forget. No light pollution, no civilization, just you and a handful of others. You could see everything. I had no idea just how many stars and colors were in the night sky until then. That view alone made everything worth it honestly.

I also came back from Afghanistan as an absolute beast. When we came back to sea level it felt like I had been training in a hyperbaric chamber for months.
lol Im too lazy for that!🤣 I hear you on the night skies. There are alot of regions in B.C. that are exemt from light pollution. The skies are amazing.

This is one of the reasons I fell in love with Photography, landscapes, and night photography.
Surprisingly people liked them and wanted to buy them. So I started selling prints, now that passive income is saving my butt.

20240130_164111.jpg

I went back today to see if the big eagle was there again. It wasn't but this was on the meadow just above the high tide line where it was at.

20240130_164111.jpg

I went back today to see if the big eagle was there again. It wasn't but this was on the meadow just above the high tide line where it was at.
I was out camping and detecting / riding motorbikes out the bush in 🇦🇺 and I saw this bird swoop down close to mate riding infront of me it had a wing span of about 3mtrs and it flew up into the tree it would have stood about 1200mm tall .
Its the biggest thing I've ever seen flying i thought at first it was going to pick my mate up , it reminded me of a teradactyle how big it was .
It was bloody awesome site to see
8065E63BED374B098499F13782F8FE21.jpg

IMG_7471.jpeg

We get this family of Bald Eagles that live on the hill behind us but eat down here in front of the house a lot. Massive when you walk up on them. Pretty for pics and tourists but known around here pretty much as garbage disposals 😂
Still very beautiful. This young one looks like it has sunglasses on the way the feathers are growing in.
Everyone else kind of leaves the beach when this one is around, except the Heron. Apparently they aren’t afraid of anything. Like little dinosaurs out there.

IMG_7471.jpeg

We get this family of Bald Eagles that live on the hill behind us but eat down here in front of the house a lot. Massive when you walk up on them. Pretty for pics and tourists but known around here pretty much as garbage disposals 😂
Still very beautiful. This young one looks like it has sunglasses on the way the feathers are growing in.
Everyone else kind of leaves the beach when this one is around, except the Heron. Apparently they aren’t afraid of anything. Like little dinosaurs out there.
What is that bottom right ?
Is it your dog 🤔
Screenshot_20240131-125012_DuckDuckGo.jpg

What is that bottom right ?
Is it your dog 🤔
Screenshot_20240131-125012_DuckDuckGo.jpg
IMG_7468.jpeg
It’s chainsaw art of a bear that’s been painted like a Panda. Stands about 2 meters high and weighs enough that I haven’t moved it in a while and the tide doesn’t quite get to it.

IMG_7468.jpeg
It’s chainsaw art of a bear that’s been painted like a Panda. Stands about 2 meters high and weighs enough that I haven’t moved it in a while and the tide doesn’t quite get to it.
Thanks it didn't look natural had me :hmmmm:

IMG_7471.jpeg

Ok glad that's sorted out ,now who carved the dog smoking a doobie :rofl: :rofl: (pointed out to me by a shy individual in a private message) you know who you are 🤣

Ok glad that's sorted out ,now who carved the dog smoking a doobie :rofl: :rofl: (pointed out to me by a shy individual in a private message) you know who you are 🤣
That thing looks like what I imagine @Gee64 's stoggies must look like, but on a diet. I'd image his are more 'full bodied. ' lol.

Back
Top Bottom