Do you have a source for this (for soil)? I have a source that says almost the exact opposite. I would like to take a look at the reasoning and justification behind sterilizing soil. I understand resetting and re-buffering, I do both, but sterilizing is something I typically avoid at all costs, unless it’s through accelerated decomposition.

Edit: Formatting
That is sterilizing for me :D But a lot of people will sterilize and if you are using chemicals, you can boil, it or any other method that destroys life. But if you are into LOS compost is the way to go, amend it, turn it, and let it sit. I have 5 Different types of compost piles on my lot, just for such things. Mycelium is my friend, it fixes anything.

Hey Gee, hope you having a great time. 4 weeks and 3 days since flip. Things are progressing slowly, i think the lack of sunlight for the first 2 weeks and some chilly weather are slowing things down but we'll get there. Have a great weekend everyone!
20240127_155113.jpg
20240127_155109.jpg
20240127_155034.jpg

That is sterilizing for me :D But a lot of people will sterilize and if you are using chemicals, you can boil, it or any other method that destroys life. But if you are into LOS compost is the way to go, amend it, turn it, and let it sit. I have 5 Different types of compost piles on my lot, just for such things. Mycelium is my friend, it fixes anything.

Agreed, which is why I was wondering what source he had. Sterilizing soil flies in the face of literally everything I know about growing plants naturally.

Hey Gee, hope you having a great time. 4 weeks and 3 days since flip. Things are progressing slowly, i think the lack of sunlight for the first 2 weeks and some chilly weather are slowing things down but we'll get there. Have a great weekend everyone!
20240127_155113.jpg
20240127_155109.jpg
20240127_155034.jpg
Wow G, they are stretching nicely. Growing outdoors in January.... No, I'm hardly jealous at all🤣

You are welcome👊 I'm glad I could help.

Growing organically is tough until someone types out 1 quadrillion words. It's really easy if you are in the same room talking instead of typing.

I'm a full on health junky so organics is not only worth it to me, but I also believe everyone should at least be able to try it once for themselves.

It's really hard to get past the newbie stage, but once you master the basics it becomes incredibly easy, and it transfers to all your plants, not just weed.

So I don't mind spreading the word. You need to repeat yourself a lot too, but thats the nature of it. You explain something, someone tries it, it works, they move on, then hit another wall, so you explain it again, they move on, hit another wall... and thats actually a good thing. By the time they get thru a couple grows they are off and running amuck down their own rabbit hole, and then one day they encounter something and ask about it and you have an Aha moment. Kinda like the saying "Every now and then it's good to look out thru the eyes of a child". New growers turning into accomplished growers almost always supplies at least 1 aha moment.

I call that Payday. 😊❤️

Calcium Man, it's all in the calcium....

*And what I tell you is usually only 99% true, but it works so I don't over-complicate it for the new growers. When they come back and say things like " Hey you said yada yada, but right here I found you need to do this instead.." which is their way of saying "Hey Gee, you were wrong" I just smile and grade their paper with an "A".

It means they won't keep asking the same question anymore because they finally figured out, in their mind, the synergy of the whole process and can now make good decisions ahead of time, not reactionary ones cleaning up messes.
Thanks so much for saying this . It's so easy to forget how new I am to growing. The learning curve for growing organically is definitely incremental & it's good to be reminded of that.

Just need to hide em well 😉🤣
I had to do that shit for years!! Guerilla growing is great and all but I hate sneaking around like a teenager. At least I never got caught but seen many friends and family go to prison over a plant. Glad it's legal here now. Happy Sunday to you buddy!! Grow em big!! 😎✌️

I had to do that shit for years!! Guerilla growing is great and all but I hate sneaking around like a teenager. At least I never got caught but seen many friends and family go to prison over a plant. Glad it's legal here now. Happy Sunday to you buddy!! Grow em big!! 😎✌️
Still illegal here🤫🤣🤣

Fk em i say

Thanks so much for saying this . It's so easy to forget how new I am to growing. The learning curve for growing organically is definitely incremental & it's good to be reminded of that.

Just don’t give up and remember balance is the most important part of what we do and you’ll get it. Growing organically will come, but it’ll come much faster if you study the different ways the planet balances itself.

@Gee64
You are welcome
👊
I'm glad I could help.

Growing organically is tough until someone types out 1 quadrillion words. It's really easy if you are in the same room talking instead of typing.

I'm a full on health junky so organics is not only worth it to me, but I also believe everyone should at least be able to try it once for themselves.

It's really hard to get past the newbie stage, but once you master the basics it becomes incredibly easy, and it transfers to all your plants, not just weed.

So I don't mind spreading the word. You need to repeat yourself a lot too, but thats the nature of it. You explain something, someone tries it, it works, they move on, then hit another wall, so you explain it again, they move on, hit another wall... and thats actually a good thing. By the time they get thru a couple grows they are off and running amuck down their own rabbit hole, and then one day they encounter something and ask about it and you have an Aha moment. Kinda like the saying "Every now and then it's good to look out thru the eyes of a child". New growers turning into accomplished growers almost always supplies at least 1 aha moment.

I call that Payday.
😊
❤️

Calcium Man, it's all in the calcium....

*And what I tell you is usually only 99% true, but it works so I don't over-complicate it for the new growers. When they come back and say things like " Hey you said yada yada, but right here I found you need to do this instead.." which is their way of saying "Hey Gee, you were wrong" I just smile and grade their paper with an "A".

It means they won't keep asking the same question anymore because they finally figured out, in their mind, the synergy of the whole process and can now make good decisions ahead of time, not reactionary ones cleaning up messes.

I love that my friend, since I went natural on living and growing, life and everything around me was being seen through new eyes.
I know how important calcium is and that is so so true, Now I have a question myself. " Spraying clones with a light calcium solution, is this a good thing for them?"
I Monstercrop so im trying to speed the rooting up on my cloning.
Im thinking a Water Soluble Calcium Acetate with maybe 1g to 500ml

@Gee64

I love that my friend, since I went natural on living and growing, life and everything around me was being seen through new eyes.
I know how important calcium is and that is so so true, Now I have a question myself. " Spraying clones with a light calcium solution, is this a good thing for them?"
I Monstercrop so im trying to speed the rooting up on my cloning.
Im thinking a Water Soluble Calcium Acetate with maybe 1g to 500ml
I'm not sure. You should try it and let us watch😉👊

20240129_110741.jpg

The dog and I walked right up to this guy.

It's the biggest Bald Eagle I have ever seen.

My dog is a big tall 100lb boxer and this bird is taller and not worried in the least bit. Those toes are as long as my fingers and the claws are over an inch.

It can swoop down and nail a 15 pound salmon and swim to shore with the fish in it's talons.

It was stalking seagulls and didn't want to move or they would spot him. It's actually under a cedar tree in the shadows about 20 feet from the water.

I moved in one step at a time. He was perturbed but couldn't move.

He almost hissed so I backed out. Dog wasn't sure what the heck it was.

She didn't hackle up or bark or anything. It was pretty cool.

I've spent a lot of time with eagles and this one was exceptional.

20240129_110741.jpg

The dog and I walked right up to this guy.

It's the biggest Bald Eagle I have ever seen.

My dog is a big tall 100lb boxer and this bird is taller and not worried in the least bit. Those toes are as long as my fingers and the claws are over an inch.

It can swoop down and nail a 15 pound salmon and swim to shore with the fish in it's talons.

It was stalking seagulls and didn't want to move or they would spot him. It's actually under a cedar tree in the shadows about 20 feet from the water.

I moved in one step at a time. He was perturbed but couldn't move.

He almost hissed so I backed out. Dog wasn't sure what the heck it was.

She didn't hackle up or bark or anything. It was pretty cool.

I've spent a lot of time with eagles and this one was exceptional.
Bra....
You had a salmon in your pocket hey ;)
That's flippin jas either way

Bra....
You had a salmon in your pocket hey ;)
That's flippin jas either way

image0000001(2).jpg

This is a couple years ago. We saw a cod almost dead swimming on the surface, so we whistled for an eagle, pulled the boat in tight, and got the camera out. (Yeah, a really shrill whistle will call them in) It's about to fly away with 3 or 4 pounds of cod.

Once they set their talons they won't let go so if it's too heavy to fly they will swim to shore and drag the fish out. Amazing birds. Apex predators. There are fish bones hanging in trees all over the coastline.

image0000001(2).jpg

This is a couple years ago. We saw a cod almost dead swimming on the surface, so we whistled for an eagle, pulled the boat in tight, and got the camera out. (Yeah, a really shrill whistle will call them in) It's about to fly away with 3 or 4 pounds of cod.

Once they set their talons they won't let go so if it's too heavy to fly they will swim to shore and drag the fish out. Amazing birds. Apex predators. There are fish bones hanging in trees all over the coastline.
This is good to know, We have recently had a set setup and started nesting near a Lake here, I have been trying to get closer to them and see them in action. I love taking the canoe out and just snapping photos :D I got this yesterday, its no eagle though but they are always purdy to look at.
I have been planning a trip to Canada, hopefully, it'll happen soon. I really want to walk the trail that goes through Canada to Alaska. I forget the name. I am a triple crowner in the US. Completing The Appalachian, Continental, and Pacific crest

PXL_20240129_164443077.jpg

This is good to know, We have recently had a set setup and started nesting near a Lake here, I have been trying to get closer to them and see them in action. I love taking the canoe out and just snapping photos :D I got this yesterday, its no eagle though but they are always purdy to look at.
I have been planning a trip to Canada, hopefully, it'll happen soon. I really want to walk the trail that goes through Canada to Alaska. I forget the name. I am a triple crowner in the US. Completing The Appalachian, Continental, and Pacific crest

PXL_20240129_164443077.jpg
Cool pic!😍.

I'm not sure of the trail to Alaska, but I have hiked the "West Coast Trail". It was an 8 day trek along the outer coast of Vancouver Island. It was amazing. Very hard carrying a 60 pound pack, but worth it. The weather changes quick so you need a lot of gear. No stores or hotels or towns, just bush, canyons, and beaches. And hundreds of ladders. Climb down 300 rungs, cross an ankle deep creek, and climb back up 300 rungs.... over and over on some days. The BC coast is extremely dense but the hidden white sand beaches were worth it.

Back
Top Bottom