Regular old GSC auto are the biggest prettiest plant I have done. Wedding cake from Barney’s Farm is fantastic, too. Not quite as big.
I do love DDA but have never grown one taller than 18 inches or so. For a purple variety FastBuds purple lemonade was bigger and a bit more potent as well.

I love that! I suggested to another grower who had the capacity to do it, to select only colourful varieties as a hobby. They aren't interested but you are. That's so fun! Google "colourful weed" and go down some rabbit holes. You could try Dark Devil as an experiment. A lot of people have had smaller plants with the Dark Devil but it is a beauty. Forbidden Cherry is one I would like to try. It looks exquisite. There are several that have champagne colours and so on. You could have a lot of fun growing contrasting colours.
Thanks Carmen. I will add Dark Devil and Forbidden Cherry to the research list.

I was completely taken with my Dark Devil grow! There's something about them! That's just growing them! Smoking them is another thing! Heavenly in so many ways!
Thats 2 for DD, I'm seeing a pattern😎

Didn't take long!
These TMSC plants are amazingly resilient.

Maybe talk to Jon. He's grows some great and large autos. Justin Goody too!
I have talked with Jon and my plan was to come up with a short list and run it by him.

They look much happier now. Hope they take off for you soon.
Thanks Matt. Sooner or later I will do you proud👊.

Regular old GSC auto are the biggest prettiest plant I have done. Wedding cake from Barney’s Farm is fantastic, too. Not quite as big.
I do love DDA but have never grown one taller than 18 inches or so. For a purple variety FastBuds purple lemonade was bigger and a bit more potent as well.
Thanks Justin, I will add them to the list. My pots are 16" tall and a final height of 4' overall would be fantastic, so a 32" tall plant would fit perfectly in a 16" pot.

But DD sounds popular, so I can live with a couple shorter ones.

I need 12, so I will likely go with 3 5-packs of different strains. A couple of the Cherry strains in their light pink colors are pretty sweet too.

Today is looking pretty good. They are all moving water really well. 3 of them are praying and RV2 is almost praying. The color is rebounding quickly.

20240205_080956.jpg

Ikly on the left, LC on the right, RV1 in the back, and RV2 up front.

20240205_080831.jpg

LC. Turgidity is going hard up top.

20240205_080836.jpg

Ikly too.

20240205_080842.jpg

and RV1.

20240205_080847.jpg

RV2 is almost there. She's trying, thats the important part. I think her hands will be up by bedtime.

If I can keep them praying then brix will climb quick, exudates will start to flow, immunity comes back, and maybe I can still get a decent haul😎.

As soon as they start to actually grow rapidly, I will pluck some leaves and see where brix are at.

I need some big fan leaves first to really power things up. 😎

So for you beginners, here is a tip on 1st waterings after uppottings, and the next couple days afterwards.

1st waterings are the most important waterings of a plants life and it's why I always start with wet soil. It applies to cloth pots. It's why I use cloth pots. It's why I crumbled up the surface today. Yesterday was 1st watering.

All I did today was scratch the entire surfaces of all pots, then gently smooth the surface back out so its even all the way to the edges. Thats important. That allows air in evenly. So crumble it up well and smooth it perfectly. Here's why.

After a full wetting the tops pretty much always seal off so for the next couple days you need to gently crumble it up to get O2 coming in.

Air coming in up top is what allows water to fall downwards inside the pot. When water falls it causes a suction behind itself, and air rushes in to alleviate the suction, so they work together.

If you don't evenly crumble and smooth out the top, moisture inside the pot won't fall evenly, so air won't follow evenly, and dry spots can form as roots will chase the wetter spots. It happens more often than you think.

Then you can run out of soil nutrients, but still have lots of soil locked away in dry spots. Roots won't enter dry soil.

So as long as you keep the soil evenly damp it will always work far more efficiently. You can have wetter and dryer cycles, but always no drier than damp.

Once I have my plants working properly I switch to drippers and they get multiple small waterings per day to keep this falling-water-sucking-air motion going.

When you get air and water moving properly under adequate lighting, turgidity rises and they pray. It also means they are moving water optimally, which means food is coming in optimally, and you are off to the races.

Exudates have no choice but to start being produced. You're making more sugars now. That's the goal.

Everything else is already in the pot. This is how you make the engine run. Trying to get a stable VPD will drive you nuts if you aren't adding air and water properly.

It all starts with even distribution of air and water at the surface.

As the plants increase in mass they move more water faster, which requires more air too, so you constantly turn up the taps until stretch is finished, then they settle into an even rhythm, then all of a sudden they stop drinking and it's time to harvest....... if all goes well🤣

If you overwater, the suction stops as the extra water takes up air's space, leaves drop, and you have to wait a day or so for the soil to dry back down so the process can begin again. The better your "tilth" the faster the excess water can fall out the bottom.

The bonus new grower tip is that proper Ca/Mg ratios in your soil electrically charges the soil particles to fluff the soil and make it evenly porous for this to work better. It's referred to as "tilth".

As EWC topdressings break down they rain Ca/Mg, maintaining this tilth.

So proper watering combined with an EWC topdressing is a great maintenance program for the overall system.

Don't let your soil go crusty on top. Bad things are guaranteed to follow. Fluffy is where its at👊.

I check my soil surfaces every day.

20240205_081152.jpg

I'm hoping to eat this just to let the worms know who the boss is😎.

A lot of people have had smaller plants with the Dark Devil but it is a beauty.
I was completely taken with my Dark Devil grow! There's something about them! That's just growing them! Smoking them is another thing! Heavenly in so many ways!
I have a single bean of Dark Devil Auto, bought just for the same reasons as you guys. It was a favourite of SweetSue's too. The trouble is I don't have the space to grow the number of strains that I'd like to so it's not been used yet, but having seen pictures of other folks who've grown it out, it looks a real striking beauty.

Today is looking pretty good. They are all moving water really well. 3 of them are praying and RV2 is almost praying. The color is rebounding quickly.

20240205_080956.jpg

Ikly on the left, LC on the right, RV1 in the back, and RV2 up front.

20240205_080831.jpg

LC. Turgidity is going hard up top.

20240205_080836.jpg

Ikly too.

20240205_080842.jpg

and RV1.

20240205_080847.jpg

RV2 is almost there. She's trying, thats the important part. I think her hands will be up by bedtime.

If I can keep them praying then brix will climb quick, exudates will start to flow, immunity comes back, and maybe I can still get a decent haul😎.

As soon as they start to actually grow rapidly, I will pluck some leaves and see where brix are at.

I need some big fan leaves first to really power things up. 😎

So for you beginners, here is a tip on 1st waterings after uppottings, and the next couple days afterwards.

1st waterings are the most important waterings of a plants life and it's why I always start with wet soil. It applies to cloth pots. It's why I use cloth pots. It's why I crumbled up the surface today. Yesterday was 1st watering.

All I did today was scratch the entire surfaces of all pots, then gently smooth the surface back out so its even all the way to the edges. Thats important. That allows air in evenly. So crumble it up well and smooth it perfectly. Here's why.

After a full wetting the tops pretty much always seal off so for the next couple days you need to gently crumble it up to get O2 coming in.

Air coming in up top is what allows water to fall downwards inside the pot. When water falls it causes a suction behind itself, and air rushes in to alleviate the suction, so they work together.

If you don't evenly crumble and smooth out the top, moisture inside the pot won't fall evenly, so air won't follow evenly, and dry spots can form as roots will chase the wetter spots. It happens more often than you think.

Then you can run out of soil nutrients, but still have lots of soil locked away in dry spots. Roots won't enter dry soil.

So as long as you keep the soil evenly damp it will always work far more efficiently. You can have wetter and dryer cycles, but always no drier than damp.

Once I have my plants working properly I switch to drippers and they get multiple small waterings per day to keep this falling-water-sucking-air motion going.

When you get air and water moving properly under adequate lighting, turgidity rises and they pray. It also means they are moving water optimally, which means food is coming in optimally, and you are off to the races.

Exudates have no choice but to start being produced. You're making more sugars now. That's the goal.

Everything else is already in the pot. This is how you make the engine run. Trying to get a stable VPD will drive you nuts if you aren't adding air and water properly.

It all starts with even distribution of air and water at the surface.

As the plants increase in mass they move more water faster, which requires more air too, so you constantly turn up the taps until stretch is finished, then they settle into an even rhythm, then all of a sudden they stop drinking and it's time to harvest....... if all goes well🤣

If you overwater, the suction stops as the extra water takes up air's space, leaves drop, and you have to wait a day or so for the soil to dry back down so the process can begin again. The better your "tilth" the faster the excess water can fall out the bottom.

The bonus new grower tip is that proper Ca/Mg ratios in your soil electrically charges the soil particles to fluff the soil and make it evenly porous for this to work better. It's referred to as "tilth".

As EWC topdressings break down they rain Ca/Mg, maintaining this tilth.

So proper watering combined with an EWC topdressing is a great maintenance program for the overall system.

Don't let your soil go crusty on top. Bad things are guaranteed to follow. Fluffy is where its at👊.

I check my soil surfaces every day.

20240205_081152.jpg

I'm hoping to eat this just to let the worms know who the boss is😎.

🤣🤣

These plants are cracking me up.. “can you believe this mfer?!” Is all they look like they’re saying to me

I have a single bean of Dark Devil Auto, bought just for the same reasons as you guys. It was a favourite of SweetSue's too. The trouble is I don't have the space to grow the number of strains that I'd like to so it's not been used yet, but having seen pictures of other folks who've grown it out, it looks a real striking beauty.
If you grow it out could you please tag me?

Thats 2 for DD, I'm seeing a pattern
I grew 4 and got 4 different pheno's! All wonderful. Some heavyish and some meh.
They liked Rev's soil for the most part. I think I could have raised soil ph and got better results.
That's my problem too Stunger! I'd love to get another bunch of DDA's but space and time. One day I'll run them again!

Good morning. Little update, colors are starting to show on the eleven roses. Its a 100% indica and has the typical tight flower clusters.
20240209_060730.jpg

20240209_060741.jpg

The one i thought was the Acapulco gold is not. There is one plant that is showing no color changes and has loose spaced out buds typical of a sativa. Mystery solved i guess.
20240209_060758.jpg

Group photo. AG is the rear left.
20240209_060814.jpg

Good morning. Little update, colors are starting to show on the eleven roses. Its a 100% indica and has the typical tight flower clusters.
20240209_060730.jpg

20240209_060741.jpg

The one i thought was the Acapulco gold is not. There is one plant that is showing no color changes and has loose spaced out buds typical of a sativa. Mystery solved i guess.
20240209_060758.jpg

20240209_060814.jpg
Very Nice!😍 The color begins.

Wow do they ever look healthy😊. Nice work👊 There's gonna be a good yield in there😎 I love how bushy they are.

20240209_060730.jpg

20240209_060741.jpg

20240209_060758.jpg

20240209_060814.jpg
I see the girls have been to church, praying away. :bravo:
Spectacular garden my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

G-Man

Finally ran 2 batches thru the distiller last weekend and it turned out ok. Completed the first 2 hour run then on 2nd pass watched the timer around 90 to 105 minute mark, it was still boiling with a fair amount volume left to burn off. Granted this wash was done with 151 so yeah more water, I’m sure it will improve with the190 grain.

For now I'm gonna stick with double boiler method for remaining 6 liters of 151 that’s already washed. All the literature from Source says it’s designed to work with 190 grain. Reckon we’ll save the new toy for after road trip across the line for higher proof.

Solid blocks of ice last longer but don’t freeze directly in aluminum pan, else it will warp the bottom. Filled the aluminum cake pan with measure of water then poured into plastic butter tub to freeze “right-sized” solid blocks of ice.

love the new gadget, thanks for your help!

G-Man

Finally ran 2 batches thru the distiller last weekend and it turned out ok. Completed the first 2 hour run then on 2nd pass watched the timer around 90 to 105 minute mark, it was still boiling with a fair amount volume left to burn off. Granted this wash was done with 151 so yeah more water, I’m sure it will improve with the190 grain.

For now I'm gonna stick with double boiler method for remaining 6 liters of 151 that’s already washed. All the literature from Source says it’s designed to work with 190 grain. Reckon we’ll save the new toy for after road trip across the line for higher proof.

Solid blocks of ice last longer but don’t freeze directly in aluminum pan, else it will warp the bottom. Filled the aluminum cake pan with measure of water then poured into plastic butter tub to freeze “right-sized” solid blocks of ice.

love the new gadget, thanks for your help!
Nice! I'm glad you got one👍👊. I haven't used 150 so I have no idea if it works, sorry. It's entirely possible that it distills slower.

Thats a lot of wash so sticking with what already works is probably a good idea.

🤣 You are going to have a lot of oil! 🤣

Today is Day 10 since repotting. These pic's were taken yesterday on Day 9. Sorry I haven't been very active, home renovations are killing me. Still another week or 2 there.

So on Day 1 I fully soaked the pots, on Day 6 they were drying down and each pot got 2 litres of fish water.

Immediately on repotting, the backward slide to death stopped, and they stopped regressing and are now progressing towards looking better.

Yesterday new fresh green growth appeared out the tops, so myco must be establishing it's link to the plant and the soil.

Same goes for the lettuces and kales I saved from the cover crops.

If progress continues I will uppot in a couple weeks and flip. If not then I will start again, but I think these Gals will be fine.

So now they get a few days to dry right down and then a full watering followed by a fish watering, and that should get roots poking through the pots.

My other option is to grow them out to harvest in these pots, which I may do, but I will have to feed them a lot. Not sure which route I will take yet.

Both time and the plants will decide for me.

But first they need to start growing.

20240212_130040.jpg

Here is a group shot, LC is too tall🤣.

20240212_130046.jpg

Here is LC. She only got topped to 2 tops, so She's getting lanky.

20240212_130413.jpg

They are all praying nicely, moving water. Pretty soon I will start to increase the light.

Screenshot_20240213_072739_VPD Calculator.jpg

Here is the environment. I have gone easy on the light to let them root but thats about to change.

Back
Top Bottom