Right on! My plan is to make cupcake size servings instead of a full bunt pan. Wrap and save for a morning treat or a night time dessert. I like them simple and plain however an icing on top would be lovely, there are tons of different things you can do with it like adding fruit slices, nuts, berries, whipped cream. Ahhhh now I'm hungry!

CannaBlondies
IMG_87872.JPG

Have any of you tried Black Garlic?

I'm seeing a lot of recipes lately on food network using it. It's supposed to have been heated for several weeks until it becomes black?

Wondering what the taste is like.

its ok..im not a huge fan..its a little weird to me.. i tried it a few times on a trip several years ago in Europe before it became popular.
cooked low and slo...
when i cured my buds lo and slo, i got the best..tasting/smelling buds i grew.

I have actually made black Garlic a few times in a tricked out Crock pot lol. It has an interesting flavor and texture. Not as harsh as regular, raw garlic. Did it for my fiancé. IMO, it's not worth it. Takes a little over a month!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Dosing Edibles and Calculations

I've been on the search for quite some time for a dosing calculator to use as a general guideline to estimate my dosages per portion of cannabis edibles. The first thing one must realize is that this is no where near exact, there are so many variables to our cannabis that it would be almost impossible to give someone an exact calculation unless you have it tested. (which is required in Colorado for people who sell edibles to dispensaries) It would also be impossible to give each individual any kind of assurance on how long it will take their body to react to the dosage, or how long the affects will last...and the strength of the affects. Again, there are way too many variables with each individual to predict this.
Which is why it is always recommended to start low (low dose) and slow (wait a couple hours minimum for any effects before consuming more).

The generally accepted industry standard, which is in itself not exact, is an average of 10% THC content in the cannabis dried.

Here's a basic formula for that:

One gram of dried Cannabis weighs 1000 milligrams
10% of 1000 is 100 milligrams
= 1 gram of Cannabis has approximately 100 milligrams THC

So, divide the total number of milligrams in the recipe, based on the 100 milligrams per gram, by the number of cups it makes.
Then calculate the THC % by multiplying the number of cups of butter or oil in your recipe by the amount of THC in the infusion. The result is your THC content for the entire completed recipe dish.
Then just divide the number of servings to get your doses per serving.

100 milligrams in recipe ÷ number of cups of your infusion = THC amount
Number of cups in your recipe x THC amount = THC content of dish
Number of servings ÷ THC content of dish = approx. doses per serving.

Here's a little different way of reading it: (from the cannabist.com)

Using Catalano’s dosing measurement formula, you do the math accordingly to find out how much THC per serving. Take the amount of ground marijuana, convert it to milligrams and divide it by the recipe yield to determine a per-serving dose of THC. A starting dosage for beginners is 5 milligrams per serving (the Colorado-mandated serving size for marijuana-infused edibles is 10mg THC). Three grams of ground marijuana equals 300mg THC. 300mg divided by the recipe yield, (a classic cookie recipe makes 60 cookies) equals 5mg per cookie. If you want to be even more cautious with your at-home cannabutter cooking, 1.5 grams (150mg) marijuana divided into a 60-cookie recipe will yield 2.5mg a serving.

Well, I hate calculating on my own. Soooooo.....I found an app on google play. It's called THC calculator, developed by James N Cohen. It's supposed to do exactly what we are trying to do above. I've downloaded it and will be giving it a shot with a few recipe amounts and see how it goes.

Keep in mind this is still a basic guideline based on industry standards of average amounts. You will still need to use cautions and go low and slow, especially with new people to edibles who have no idea what their tolerance levels are. Also, each strain..growing conditions...nutrients...cure time....will ALL play into the amount of THC and strength of your cannabis.

I'll report back on how I like the app, and if anybody else tries it please give us your honest opinions.

:thumb:

A morning basic and classic -Canna BP Coffee(aka Canna Bullet Proof Coffee)
IMG_87883.JPG

a large spoonful each of Canna butter & Coconut oil in some fresh hot coffee, & some heavy cream :thumb:

A morning toast to you sir! I'm brewing some gingerbread tea with a spoonful each of CannaCoconut Oil and CannaHoney and a touch of sweetened condensed milk. ..
420-magazine-mobile1772173398.jpg

Super Bowl Sunday is approaching us quickly!

What does everyone have planned for snacks/parties/beverages that has that special something infused??

Would love to read some great ideas. I'll have a couple this week for ya'll to think about.

:circle-of-love:

I will be at a catered formal-dressed function that evening :)

Hot CannaBuffalo Wings come to mind :thumb:

Okay all of you Ganja Foodies, we're going to put a major kick up to Paula Dean's Ooey Gooey Butter Bars.

Ooey Gooey Canna Bars

Let's all make believe I've used cannabutter in these pics, I will be doing the recipe this week but won't have time for a pic by pic of the process. These were pics from a couple years ago for a food website I had.

ooey_gooey_s.jpg

Let's Kick it up!

The Cake:

1 18-25 oz box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1/2 C. butter (cannabutter) melted

The filling:

1 8 0z. package cream cheese softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 16 oz. box confectioners sugar
1/2 C. butter (cannabutter)

Add a little more vanilla extract, if you like, to help mask the taste of the Cannabutter.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.

In a bowl, with an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, egg and butter and mix until smooth.

ooeys_1.jpg

Pat down the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Get it as smooth as you can, pat it like you would a pizza dough. It's thick.

ooeys_2.jpg

With the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.

ooeys_3.jpg

Add the powdered sugar a little a time while mixing. Not all at once unless you want to be covered in white powder.

ooeys_4.jpg

Turn the speed to low and slowly add the melted butter in, mixing well.

ooeys_5.jpg

Pour this mixture on top of the cake mix in the pan. Tap the pan or use a spatula to even it out if you have to.

ooeys_6.jpg

Place it into the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes. Keep an eye on it for the last ten minutes and be sure to pull it out when the top looks good and golden. Oven temp/times will vary. Leaving it in longer will produce firmer results, shorter times will make them gooey-er.

When it comes out it will be raised in the center and on the edges.

ooeys_8.jpg

As it cools it will fall a bit. When it's cool, cut it into squares. This is very very rich, and with the cannabutter infusion...be real careful how big you cut those portions. LOL

ooeys_9.jpg

The final product at the full 50 minutes in my oven:

Ooeys_10.jpg

Have fun, enjoy! Post pics if you make it!

Okay all of you Ganja Foodies, we're going to put a major kick up to Paula Dean's Ooey Gooey Butter Bars.

Ooey Gooey Canna Bars

Let's all make believe I've used cannabutter in these pics, I will be doing the recipe this week but won't have time for a pic by pic of the process. These were pics from a couple years ago for a food website I had.

ooey_gooey_s.jpg

Let's Kick it up!

The Cake:

1 18-25 oz box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1/2 C. butter (cannabutter) melted

The filling:

1 8 0z. package cream cheese softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 16 oz. box confectioners sugar
1/2 C. butter (cannabutter)

Add a little more vanilla extract, if you like, to help mask the taste of the Cannabutter.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.

In a bowl, with an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, egg and butter and mix until smooth.

ooeys_1.jpg

Pat down the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Get it as smooth as you can, pat it like you would a pizza dough. It's thick.

ooeys_2.jpg

With the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.

ooeys_3.jpg

Add the powdered sugar a little a time while mixing. Not all at once unless you want to be covered in white powder.

ooeys_4.jpg

Turn the speed to low and slowly add the melted butter in, mixing well.

ooeys_5.jpg

Pour this mixture on top of the cake mix in the pan. Tap the pan or use a spatula to even it out if you have to.

ooeys_6.jpg

Place it into the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes. Keep an eye on it for the last ten minutes and be sure to pull it out when the top looks good and golden. Oven temp/times will vary. Leaving it in longer will produce firmer results, shorter times will make them gooey-er.

When it comes out it will be raised in the center and on the edges.

ooeys_8.jpg

As it cools it will fall a bit. When it's cool, cut it into squares. This is very very rich, and with the cannabutter infusion...be real careful how big you cut those portions. LOL

ooeys_9.jpg

The final product at the full 50 minutes in my oven:

Ooeys_10.jpg

Have fun, enjoy! Post pics if you make it!

I may make this weds..it looks delish! :)

Back
Top Bottom