The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

I still feel a little weird posting in here but anyhow I had a camera being serviced and I recently received it back. I was trying to dial it back in again as something seems off with it and I got this really cool picture of a catmint clone I took a little while back. I have it in my flower room for warmth and she flowered, go figure! :)

Anyhow again, the neat part is this picture is un-edited but it looks so artsy, almost like a painting. If you see the original you can see all the little hairs as well. Notice all the smiley faces! :)

IMG_39486.jpg

Just responding to the thread title... I agree, changing seasons are beautiful,, it's the waiting for them to change that's a bitch... This season, whatever it is, is great.. Three weeks in the mid to low 70s f* in Feb... Looks to be about 75*f ave highs for the next week.. Good weather for the 300,000 race crazed fans expected in Vegas this weekend... I love the three seasons we have in Southern NV, each 4 months long... spring,summer and fall... Vegas still sucks no matter how nice the weather... Glad I don't don't live there any more... The most insane drivers you have ever seen.....

Hello my friends!

It's been a helluva ride the last few months, but I think things are finally coming back together. I hope you all have been doing well and I have missed you terribly! I'm going to start my return with a couple of first signs of spring pics from the yard.
I am going to hopefully start growing my favorite "weed" again in a couple of weeks, now that the random drug testing issue is behind me.
Thank you Dennise for keeping peeps updated that I'm still surviving. :circle-of-love:

I'll be back around tomorrow or during the week. My new job that I waited almost 4 months to get into is daytime, so no more nights working/weekends/ and no sleeping days. Woo hoo!
Hope you feel like spring when you look at these. I may have another to post later with a little story. ;-)
lily_21.jpg
Lily_11.jpg

I've got some MAJOR catching up to do. LOL

Hi Mr. Teddy! And congrats on your Moderator status. :goodjob:

Okay, I have time for the story. The day I took the pics of the Daffodils I walked out on my back deck and was saddened to see a number of bumble bees lying on the boards. Bumble bees burrow small holes in the wood railings of my deck, and that's where they live during the summer and they seal themselves up inside there during the winter. I found the hole in the top of the pergola where these had apparently come from. I got some pictures, including some up close and personals (as you all know I love to do), and went about my hunt for floral opportunities. When I came back to go inside, the bumble bees had been repositioned and some were even gone. I chalked it up to wind....but there wasn't much of that.

So, I took another opportunity for some close ups and while I was really close to one of them......it moved! Scared the beejesus (pun intended) out of me! As I thought about it, I think they may have been just in a kind of dormant state from just coming out of their winter haven and the morning dew had them still. So, they were all very much alive. LOL

Here's some pics, if they are too large I will fix them later. Been a while since I've uploaded.

This is a few just below the hole above them, you would think they were dead:

Bumble_2.jpg

These two were apparently having a morning chat before going to sleep:

Bumble_3.jpg

This is the one that moved on me:

Bumble_1.jpg

And this one looks like it's begging for a belly scratch:

Bumble_4.jpg

Hope you enjoy. :)

Wecome back, Canna, glad to see you....you were missed.....

Hello cannafan!!! Glad to see you survived your winter.. Looking forward to seeing your camera work.

Welcome back...For you canna... The changing of seasons...

image18061.jpg
image20392.jpg

image23745.jpg
image24068.jpg

Oh, I wanted to mention that according to things I've read...Bumble bees do not burrow into wood. They are supposed to live in the ground. This is proven to be untrue here, as I sat on my front deck a few years ago and noticed little piles of sawdust on the boards. Upon checking, I found the hole above in the railing where something had burrowed into it. As I sat and watched, several bumble bees made their way into and out of that hole. Had I not seen that, I would have not believed it. ;-) I have seen them do the same on the back pergola.
Now it's possible that they simply took over a nest that carpenter bees had created? I did not see a single carpenter bee around on any of those occasions.
Just a pointless tidbit I wanted to post. :laughtwo:

Oh, I wanted to mention that according to things I've read...Bumble bees do not burrow into wood. They are supposed to live in the ground. This is proven to be untrue here, as I sat on my front deck a few years ago and noticed little piles of sawdust on the boards. Upon checking, I found the hole above in the railing where something had burrowed into it. As I sat and watched, several bumble bees made their way into and out of that hole. Had I not seen that, I would have not believed it. ;-) I have seen them do the same on the back pergola.
Now it's possible that they simply took over a nest that carpenter bees had created? I did not see a single carpenter bee around on any of those occasions.
Just a pointless tidbit I wanted to post. :laughtwo:

The one's that drill into wood are carpenter bees.....:circle-of-love:

WOW!!!! Have I missed you...."My Sista from another Mista" :love: :Namaste:

Welcome home sis. :slide:

OH...Sorry....RSOiler AKA 60cal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You are all so missed! Hi ya, RSoiler....absolutely LOVE the new name. :) Mom is doing great, her doctor says she can go play football if she wishes. I told her no. LOL

The recent pics are awesome, thanks so much..and right back atcha Radogast! Mine went a little droopy the last couple of days because of frost and cold, but still look like spring. :)

sunday_3.jpg

I have strawberry plants starting already. Woo hoo!

Sunday_1.jpg

And I have more mint growing than I could ever use. SO this year I'm going to do some essential oil with it using the magical butter machine, and also going to try some mint chocolate ice cream.

sunday_2.jpg

Hope you all have a great Sunday. It's sunny here and temps are coming up a bit.
:circle-of-love:

Edit: also wanted to mention that I really enjoyed the last photo in the series that Radogast posted. We called those pussy willows here, and it's rare to see them anymore. They used to grow wild in ditches and around streams, but the chemicals used many years ago to keep the weeds down along the roads/ditches have all but made them extinct here. I really miss having those around.

Back
Top Bottom