The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Tead,

That Indian outfit is awesome, the lighting makes it stand out in pure spectacular eye appeal.
Just beautiful. Just out of curiosity, what kind of price tag is on something like that?

:circle-of-love:

Excellent question... not one I can answer, but perhaps I can shed some light none the less.
Every stitch, every bead, every ribbon, every feather..... everything.... hand done by tradition MG Indian seamstresses. I can't even begin to imagine what that might cost in pennies, but you might be able to build a house from them. Hundreds of hours. Decades of experience.
So, I'll leave it to you to determine the value.... you now know what I know.... other than the beauty collected by my own eye.

I totally get why the locals ignored the 'Treme' - especially that close to the disaster following the disaster of Katrina. I talked with a few folks around there near the 10 year anniversary. They devoted close to 4 hours over several episodes about a Chief putting the tribe back together after Katrina. Quoted those lines above. Talked about how the family dealt with the Chief more focussed on costumes than putting the family and house back together - etc.

For those of us raised more than 1000 miles away, the series was a glimpse into a cultural amalgamation unique in the world.

I remember trying to watch one. Now that I remember back some, I recall that it was simply a matter of not being able to view it. It was bad for a long time. Piles of debris outside a stripped house would literally make me tear up. There were like thousands of little signs around town advertising house stripping. Life sucked for a while. Ugly all around. There were many bright spots that allowed one to maintain some sort of hope, but everyone was getting thru the days with the help of liquor at least.
Dicey days. We're still here. Eating, dancing, living, loving.

Spring is one day closer.
420-magazine-mobile629208695.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1034104842.jpg
420-magazine-mobile810162742.jpg

And here's a mild funny.....

Standing in my kitchen the other night cleaning some things off a counter and I heard a loud "pop!" and something hit my shoulder.
Scared the chit out of me. I looked around and could not find anything that could have caused it. It bothered me constantly.

This morning, I'm sweeping the floor and see a small dark object which I picked up and analyzed. It was a seed from the wisteria pods that I had brought inside and left on the kitchen window sill. Apparently, as they dry up they twist a little and then burst open throwing that seed well away from the pod. I was amazed at how far it had traveled.
The rest of them are contained so that when they burst I don't lose the seed in the house somewhere. :laugh:

Okay you gardeners....I need input.

What is the best variety of Lavender to grow that will be very fragrant and good for drying to add to skin care or bath products?

I've been looking on Amazon, and there are several varieties. I need an easy grower, and I'm not starting from seed.

I've been wanting to pick up 'Sweet Romance' because the seeds/plants don't need vernalization (cold stratification.) If you are growing outside from a bare root or a shipped plant, they all should be vernalized by the breeder for optimum blooms.

The heirloom 'Dwarf Munstead' has been a favorite for scent for a long time.

I've been wanting to pick up 'Sweet Romance' because the seeds/plants don't need vernalization (cold stratification.) If you are growing outside from a bare root or a shipped plant, they all should be vernalized by the breeder for optimum blooms.

The heirloom 'Dwarf Munstead' has been a favorite for scent for a long time.

The vernalization requirement is exactly why I want to grow from already started plants. I had zero luck with growing any last year from seed, even doing the cold period as required. I will look at both of your suggestions. Thanks a bunch!

:thanks:

And here's a mild funny.....

Standing in my kitchen the other night cleaning some things off a counter and I heard a loud "pop!" and something hit my shoulder.
Scared the chit out of me. I looked around and could not find anything that could have caused it. It bothered me constantly.

This morning, I'm sweeping the floor and see a small dark object which I picked up and analyzed. It was a seed from the wisteria pods that I had brought inside and left on the kitchen window sill. Apparently, as they dry up they twist a little and then burst open throwing that seed well away from the pod. I was amazed at how far it had traveled.
The rest of them are contained so that when they burst I don't lose the seed in the house somewhere. :laugh:

Yep - I heard the Mrs. make a Wisteria yelp when she was sitting at her desk a few years ago :)

Sounds like this is a good day for me to scratch wisteria seeds and drop them in water.

Are you referring to John Forsythe... the Blake Carrington character?

Random Dynasty reference... it might mean you're "well aged".
Excuse my poor spelling. After I posted I saw my mistake. But yes. Mr John Forsythe. .

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Well, the idea of any spring thoughts was ripped away this evening very rudely.

We got a snowstorm, that turned into ice. Thick wet snow and ice. The roads were pure ice coming home from work. One car lost control ahead of me and flipped over on the other side of the road. The driver did not have any injuries. We couldn't drive more than 10 mph, and at that is was scary. There was no traction, even the 4 wheel drive big rigs were at a crawl.
I made it home safely (thank you Lord), but had to drive through tree branches hanging over the driveway. The snow is weighing them heavily.
I'll try to get some pictures in the morning. It's pretty out there...but it's treacherous. March is definitely in like a Lion.

We got a snowstorm, that turned into ice. Thick wet snow and ice. The roads were pure ice coming home from work. One car lost control ahead of me and flipped over on the other side of the road. The driver did not have any injuries. We couldn't drive more than 10 mph, and at that is was scary. There was no traction, even the 4 wheel drive big rigs were at a crawl.
I made it home safely (thank you Lord), but had to drive through tree branches hanging over the driveway. The snow is weighing them heavily.
I'll try to get some pictures in the morning. It's pretty out there...but it's treacherous. March is definitely in like a Lion.

Pretty much the opposite here.
Yesterday, the wintry mix storm passed a few miles north of us. Today, our plants are feeling hopeful.

Newly noticed in the yard ....

Comfrey,

20170301_131008-1.jpg

Sage,

20170301_131153-1.jpg

bulbs, and

20170301_131257-1.jpg

20170301_131314-2.jpg

Lunaria.

20170301_131053-1.jpg

One last gasp I hope. Hang tough.

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Back
Top Bottom