The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

For me it is the site of ...no snow..... anywhere I look. :rofl:

Shawnee, I haven't seen the Robins, but I did see a big Red Tailed Hawk and a couple of c
Cardinals. I could hear a familiar spring bird sound in the woods but couldn't locate it.

Damn it was a beautiful day. The major portion of the barn has been cleaned out, and there is one stall to clean up that has some junk stored in it. Bro is going to haul it away for me. Then I can get my chickens back. Farm fresh eggs within walking distance...woo hoo!

Beautiful! For me, it's the smell of the gardenias hitting you like a brick wall as you cruise down Esplanade.

When I lived in Cali I had a gardenia in front of the window of my home office....you are so right! The smell of that plant knocked me out of my chair....so splendid!

:rofl: My Ostrich gals used to just drop the eggs wherever they were standing at the moment. The chickens and ducks had to be sure they steered clear of them, one of those eggs coming down on their head...well it would not have been a pretty site. Chicken dinner anyone? :laugh:

That's a powerful image to start my day!

When I lived in Cali I had a gardenia in front of the window of my home office....you are so right! The smell of that plant knocked me out of my chair....so splendid!

I remember getting out of a car in Los Gatos, Ca in front of a restaurant sidewalk lined with gardenia. unforgettable.

Man... ya mix the gardenia with the jasmine... it's a touch like living in a perfume bottle in places. As a bonus, it hides grow smells damn well.

I planted a Star Jasmine trellis outside my Arizona front door. The evening aromas were heavenly.

The beauty of the season you say!?!
It's Mardi Gras season baby! This is a MG Indian outfit.

IMAG7789.jpg

They roam the neighborhoods early in the morning on Fat Tuesday "waking the dead"... then they parade thru the streets I inhabit. I like to bounce around the various groups early that morning.
The Iko Iko song is about them. They used to be very violent and different groups would actually fight in the streets when they met. Different colors represented different roles in the group. "See that man all dressed in red... betcha 5 dollars that he'll kill you dead"... red was the color for the fighters. "See that man all dressed in green... he's not a man, he's a luvin machine"... green was the color of the ambassadors/scouts that communicated (luvin) with other groups.
I can't say I saw the Treme bit... you can understand how locals might avoid a show full of cliches they live with every day.

HI odinsmaster :)

You can bring that tractor over here when you're done and help me in the two horse corrals to get ready for veggie garden. :rofl:

Nice pic. Is the ground pretty well frozen there? I tried to dig up an onion to see what's growing down there and I couldn't get the digger to even pierce the top soil. LOL It's going to be awhile here yet. Snowing like crazy today.

Strange weather this year.

Thanks for the pic!

:circle-of-love:

HI odinsmaster :)

You can bring that tractor over here when you're done and help me in the two horse corrals to get ready for veggie garden. :rofl:

Nice pic. Is the ground pretty well frozen there? I tried to dig up an onion to see what's growing down there and I couldn't get the digger to even pierce the top soil. LOL It's going to be awhile here yet. Snowing like crazy today.

Strange weather this year.

Thanks for the pic!

:circle-of-love:
Cannafan I wish the ground was frozen here, I am already pulling ticks off my horses and dogs. It's going to be a hard summer, I think we had two freezes here neither one lasted longer then 3 days.

Me and my son put up that arena, it's about 150 ft by 100ft. Just for working horses. The grass was starting to turn green, it had rained good two days before so I had to get on it before those roots got strong.

Odin's 2nd Go - Pineapple Express In Soil

They roam the neighborhoods early in the morning on Fat Tuesday "waking the dead"... then they parade thru the streets I inhabit. I like to bounce around the various groups early that morning.
The Iko Iko song is about them. They used to be very violent and different groups would actually fight in the streets when they met. Different colors represented different roles in the group. "See that man all dressed in red... betcha 5 dollars that he'll kill you dead"... red was the color for the fighters. "See that man all dressed in green... he's not a man, he's a luvin machine"... green was the color of the ambassadors/scouts that communicated (luvin) with other groups.
I can't say I saw the Treme bit... you can understand how locals might avoid a show full of cliches they live with every day.

I totally get why the locals ignored the 'Treme' - especially that close to the disaster following the disaster of Katrina. I talked with a few folks around there near the 10 year anniversary. They devoted close to 4 hours over several episodes about a Chief putting the tribe back together after Katrina. Quoted those lines above. Talked about how the family dealt with the Chief more focussed on costumes than putting the family and house back together - etc.

For those of us raised more than 1000 miles away, the series was a glimpse into a cultural amalgamation unique in the world.

Back
Top Bottom