The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

tomato_worm_2.jpg

It's one of the Hulk's finger nails!!

:lot-o-toke:

I think I met that dude at a Shpongle concert :hmmmm:

Here's a few pics from where I've been the last few days. Had to get up to the high country to watch some meteors and brutally punish myself with some off trail :laughtwo:

16755.jpg

22408.jpg

31935.jpg

41493.jpg

51217.jpg

61052.jpg

7883.jpg

8742.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :love: :circle-of-love::love:

I'm spending the day recovering lol

I'm telling ya.....there is ZERO comparison to home grown and store bought tomatoes. I just had the tastiest toasted 'mator sandwich. I've been waiting a long time for a home grown tomato sandywich. :)

I got two nice red ones yesterday and one other item yesterday, and I got two big red tomatoes today.
Here's yesterdays':

garden_goodies.jpg

These are a few I'm still waiting on, there are a lot of plants in there and doing well.....other than......

garden_goodies_2.jpg

.....a critter I was unable to find until today. Yes..while I'm searching leaf by leaf and stem by stem for whatever is eating those tomatoes in big azzed bites, I found a chipmunk hole in the ground. When I buried it, mr/ms chippee had apparently been on her way back and saw me. Scooted off to the other garden. I set the trap with a piece of eaten tomato and it wasn't even ten minutes before it was in there.
So, I have the trap set again. Appears time to thin the herd out of the gardens too. LOL

Now, I'm not saying I don't have bad bugs in those tomato plants.

This variety of Shield Bug is gnawing on the stem. And I've noticed a couple of them in the damaged tomatoes post chipmunk attack, so they like the taste of the fruit too:

bad_bug_1.jpg

Yeah, they're pretty colors...and comical. But grasshoppers are leaf eaters. This one was caught twice eating on a tomato leaf, but he's too quick for me so far:

bad_bug_2.jpg

I was hoping for recruits to help with this battle. Green Dragon volunteered! He was just having a snack when I saw him on a 'mator leaf:

recruit.jpg

Afterward, we had a meeting to discuss our critter control strategy from hereon:

recruit_2.jpg

He sure loves to hang out on that cooler.

Now, I'm not saying I don't have bad bugs in those tomato plants.

This variety of Shield Bug is gnawing on the stem. And I've noticed a couple of them in the damaged tomatoes post chipmunk attack, so they like the taste of the fruit too:

bad_bug_1.jpg

Yeah, they're pretty colors...and comical. But grasshoppers are leaf eaters. This one was caught twice eating on a tomato leaf, but he's too quick for me so far:

bad_bug_2.jpg

I was hoping for recruits to help with this battle. Green Dragon volunteered! He was just having a snack when I saw him on a 'mator leaf:

recruit.jpg

Afterward, we had a meeting to discuss our critter control strategy from hereon:

recruit_2.jpg

He sure loves to hang out on that cooler.

uhoh...sounds like the war of the world about to take place.

image37399.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wish I ad found this place a lot sooner ,, so nice to see and read the comments :thumb:
The Dragonfly sounded like a proper garden friend ,, we have a friendly fly:straightface:I am almost sure he was the same friendly fly from spring last year:Namaste:
:thanks:

Looks like jiminy cricket or grasshopper
Jaga, :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom