The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

I saw it. You poor victim of those vicious little bitty birds! (I'm laughing, but you aren't supposed to know that)

Get the Mrs. to put some healing salve on those wounds!

:tokin:
LOL you one funny lady, the Mrs took one look at it and said what the hell did you do to yourself. I told her and see replied, you have done worse.

Love the Rhododendron!:thumb:

Hope you don't mind a Whatizzit from my garden

Fossil.png
My guess would be a petrified sea shell that has been cut

Critters VS. Cannafan UFC 2016

My grape leaves are under major attack! I went out this morning for some first Lily shots and saw the grape vines just littered with this on their leaves:

Grape_leaf_attack_1.jpg

There are so many!
And here's the culprit larvae doing it:

grape_leaf_attack_2.jpg

So I got my Diatomaceous Earth canister out and dusted the heck out of it. I sure hope it kills the bat rastards, because there are just too many affected areas for me to remove them. :(
I too have grapes and have never had an issue with mine, I would suggest you kindly ask them to leave but since you do not speak hornet chances are your caterpillar sucks as well.
My guess would be you got the right product for the job, though that do not get killed should move on to green pastures, just keep them away from your outside grow.

I too have grapes and have never had an issue with mine, I would suggest you kindly ask them to leave but since you do not speak hornet chances are your caterpillar sucks as well.
My guess would be you got the right product for the job, though that do not get killed should move on to green pastures, just keep them away from your outside grow.

The outside girls got dusted yesterday because I found a rolled up leaf with a worm, and an aphid on one of them the day before. It was too windy to do it when I found them.
Sooooo....I'm gonna have to get some more D. Earth I'm sure..because the big MJ planter is going to need a good dusting when those get big enough for attack.

Critters! Argggg! But, they have a purpose and I'm sure Mrs. Robin will be snatching them up as they try to move locations. Her nest is very near and she and the Mr. hunt there all day.

The outside girls got dusted yesterday because I found a rolled up leaf with a worm, and an aphid on one of them the day before. It was too windy to do it when I found them.
Sooooo....I'm gonna have to get some more D. Earth I'm sure..because the big MJ planter is going to need a good dusting when those get big enough for attack.

Critters! Argggg! But, they have a purpose and I'm sure Mrs. Robin will be snatching them up as they try to move locations. Her nest is very near and she and the Mr. hunt there all day.

Speaking of robins ... have you looked in your nest today?

Robins impersonating seraphim

20160529_151417-1.jpg

Adorable Radogast! How cool is that...you get to watch them grow up before you move to your new house!

Can you imagine having to grow up in such close contact and tiny space with your siblings? It's not like you have anywhere to go if you have a nit picky argument. LOL The nest seems so small now. :laugh:

I've been trying to get a picture to see if they are hatched here yet, but Momma's is always in the nest when I'm out there. That's a sign to me that maybe they have. Hopefully I can catch her off there today for a few minutes. One thing I do know from previous experience is once they hatch, I'm likely to get bombed my Momma and Pops if I get too close for comfort. Being on a ladder getting dive bombed by a couple of angry BIG birds (sorry OG, just had to say it. LOL) is not too schmart.

But, I really want a pic!

Later folks. I think I get some part time work in today, got a text message at midnight from him! LOL

Let's not forget the Barnyard activities. Chickens get a little nervous when I head into the barn looking for eggs. If they aren't laying eggs, then they might have another purpose. Gets them thinking.

Hen_Scared.jpg

Hen_laying.jpg

These two guys were always sparring for attention from the ladies:

Img_059724.jpg

Rooster_2.jpg
SOB You have chickens? That explains a lot. All this time I was thinking you were a city girl who lived in the country and it turns out your a country girl who lives in the country:laughtwo:

When I was looking at your pictures of Australia it reminded me of one of my trips to Hawaii. Funky flowers that were simply stunning to look at. The was even one plant that when we stopped at a beutonical garden the guy running the place told us that the flowers tasted just like a granny smith apple and showed us pictures, then told us if we saw any we could try one but leave the rest for others to enjoy. Beautiful flower and yep he was right they tasted just like a granny smith apple. I took a bunch of pictures on that trip, will have to look and see if I can remember where I stuck them.

What a wonderful place to live.

Hey OG,

I used to have lots of chickens, and every other kind of avian creature you could think of. LOL

I had to give them all away, some to the folks, because I didn't have the time or financial resources for the upkeep at the time. I still get my fresh eggs from Mom, so no real loss. They were only here for the eggs, and admittedly a nice Sunday dinner now and then.

I was country when country wasn't cool. LOL Born and raised on farms. Picked Blueberries in the summer to buy school clothes for the year. Barefoot everywhere we went, no matter how hot...and you could go into stores barefoot. :laugh:

When I reached adult (after the partying years) I took a job that forced me to travel country wide and it was usually big cities that I had to stay for long periods. That went on for many years, and every day I swore I would come back to the country for good. Hard work paid off, and here I am!

So, short story of my life. :laugh:

No more big city for me, ever.

Next year, if I'm still here, I'm going to get more chickens. I really enjoyed them, and it always felt like I was getting presents when I went in to gather the eggs. ;-)

Hope you have a great day dude! How could you not, working with that humongous grow??? Wow

:circle-of-love:

By gosh, I went out to check the grape leaves and that D. Earth powder is killing those larvae's dead!

YEY!

Since you sent me out to check my grape leaves, I posted a few photos on my thread Radogast's Non-420 Garden Creation Thread

This unremarkable snapshot of a path beside the Black Cohosh is where three of us saw a bobcat yesterday.

20160601_135125-1.jpg

I took an opportunity while Mom was feeding herself this morning. Still no hatch. I must have caught her the very day she laid the eggs. (come to think of it, there was a lot of poo on them that day)

One of the eggs is elongated:

Robin_eggs1.jpg

The girl and I just checked the nest out front - She reported only 2 beaks showing. When I leaning in closer for a beak check :

Robin 3 of 4: After first flight

20160601_144354-1.jpg

Parent robin was displeased with us. Only one bird left in the nest.

Back
Top Bottom