The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

This one is called a Canna Lily. I had to get it. lolol!!

bccd715d23146f6dea8e182078932b2a.jpg

This is a lavender color rose bush I planted earlier this year. I'm so happy she produced this year already. :Namaste:

9f085c946651e5f40be3290180227f36.jpg

Are you sure that isn't a Calla Lilly...:confused: I have several of those but if it's a Canna Lilly I want one....:circle-of-love:

It is Canna Lily D. Check pics on google. They are very pretty!

Look up Canna Plant, the lily flowers are in an array of colors and styles.

:thumb:

They even have a ' Canna indica ' Planting one of those in your garden might be a secret sign to other gardeners.
I want one too :)

Oops i appeared to have uploaded the original pic's to the wrong section & where deleted with a nice moderator pointing myself in the right direction, silly me. just sorting out a quick correction.

This is some stuff from work gearing up for summer bedding displays & the change of season :thumb:

Some 900 geraniums classed as tender perennial plants & not very frost hardy this will be the 3rd year i have cared for these, normally removed from the bedding areas autumn time being left to over wintered in one of the green house's i manage for use next year.

PICT001923.JPG

Some other annual flowers i growed from plug plant stage which some have been used for hanging baskets the others will be for urns, troughs, tubs or used as dot plants in various garden areas.

PICT002027.JPG
PICT002120.JPG

In the tropical house some of my favourites are orchids & bromeliads so much going on all year around.

PICT001141.JPG
PICT001235.JPG

Annual flowers being harden off & waiting planting out very soon.

PICT000476.JPG
PICT001432.JPG
PICT001527.JPG
PICT001823.JPG
PICT001722.JPG
PICT001623.JPG

Another geranium this one is part of the private plant collection used for floristry displays in the mansion & many more including scented varieties, currently working on replacing stock via cuttings as old stock is getting a little woody & less productive.

PICT002222.JPG

A very busy fuzzy wuzzy, still got to get around to direct seed sowing some veg & other herbs in the garden... oh ye heard mention of chilli's pardon are excellent pan fried in olive oil & garnished with rock sea salt so tasty it is pretty true about the odd roulette pepper in the batch this pepper has some few hundred years of history...

Padrón peppers were brought back from South America by Spanish monks in the 16th century. The monks grew the peppers in the gardens of their convent, in the small village of Herbón, within the Padrón district. The peppers soon became a favourite at the table of locals, enabling the monks to trade in the peppers for other much-needed products.

400 years later and the peppers are no longer grown by monks but by locals, generation after generation.

I grow a few chilli's as well i'll get some pic's up when they are in flower & fruiting.

FuzzyDuck

It looks like your photos were pulled by an admin.

Make sure you upload regular photos (no cannabis or 420 glass) as OFF-TOPIC when you upload.

Cheers bud a nice mod pointed some stuff out to me i was not aware off silly me :thumb:

Dang, those were pretty too! I never noticed if they had the logo or not.

So Fuzzy D, feel free to do a repost if you don't get to the original in time to edit it.

:thumb:

:circle-of-love:

Cheers Canna i fixed it as best as can, learning new stuff about forum, gallery guide lines today those moderators are very polite & helpful people :love:

While I did post them in my journal for Cannafan to enjoy I figured it would be better to post them over here as well so everyone can enjoy these. For some silly reason when I saw these guys for the 1st time, Cannafan popped into my head and I knew I needed to take a picture of them to share with her and her crew. Hope you like them, they are my favorite of all birds and I really enjoy watching them.
DSC_09256.jpg
DSC_09225.jpg
DSC_09155.jpg
DSC_09146.jpg

I snuck off when I was suppose to be working to grab these photos, but it was well worth the walk IMHO

Fuzzy I love your flowers, it must be wonderful to look at those when ever you want and be able to smell all of the fragrances. I have a weak spot for flowers though I am not big into cut flowers, I prefer to see them alive and healthy like yours.:thanks:

Nice pics OG! I can rarely get an occasion to catch them sitting. Such pretty itty bitty creatures. I just love watching them. :)

Thanks for taking the time to do this for us!

:circle-of-love:

I gave you the nice version of the photo shoot, if only it was that simple to get a good shot, read my journal update and you will learn (as Paul Harvey use to say) "The Rest Of The Story"

Critters VS. Cannafan UFC 2016

My grape leaves are under major attack! I went out this morning for some first Lily shots and saw the grape vines just littered with this on their leaves:

Grape_leaf_attack_1.jpg

There are so many!
And here's the culprit larvae doing it:

grape_leaf_attack_2.jpg

So I got my Diatomaceous Earth canister out and dusted the heck out of it. I sure hope it kills the bat rastards, because there are just too many affected areas for me to remove them. :(

Mom gave me some tomato plants today. One went into the big crock by the pond (I can't move it, it's got a crack all the way down the side and around the bottom), and two went into the Cannastoga with the plant waiting for seeds to mature on:

tomatoes_2.jpg

tomatos_1.jpg

The first Lily of the season:

first_lily.jpg

And my Hollyhocks might just make it this year. Last year they got nipped off early by a wabbit (I'm assuming)

hollyhock1.jpg

And this is for AJ. The Rhododendron's fully bloomed:

Rhodo_5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom