The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

I'll post up the answer to the "whatizzit" when I get home this afternoon/evening. And hopefully a couple of pics of some newborn Robins. I watched Momma bring a bug up to the nest. Not sure if it was for her or not, seems a bit early to be feeding them if they are just hatched. We'll see.

:circle-of-love:

Radogast, it's nice to see that the little ones spread their wings and flew the nest! Dang they have to feel good about having so much space now! :laugh:

I'll post up the answer to the "whatizzit" when I get home this afternoon/evening. And hopefully a couple of pics of some newborn Robins. I watched Momma bring a bug up to the nest. Not sure if it was for her or not, seems a bit early to be feeding them if they are just hatched. We'll see.

:circle-of-love:

Radogast, it's nice to see that the little ones spread their wings and flew the nest! Dang they have to feel good about having so much space now! :laugh:
Anticipating the whatizzit answer. Chewing fingernails thankfully knowing I'm not a plumber. Hehe

Is it a turtle/tortoise shell?

:yahoo:

My cat was watching something intently yesterday. It was this little guy scooting through some weeds:

Turtle5.jpg

Cannafan you are so lucky to have so much wildlife to admire right in your back yard. I notice that you mentioned way back near the beginning that it took you 3 years to finally get grapes, if your grapes are anything like mine, you are in for a treat and lots and lots of grapes. If only I could grow weed like grass, they all would be monsters, loaded with buds and all I would have to do is cut them back every year and they would produce the next year even better,
OK just had a weird thought! (Yeah I know I get them a lot) On your next grafting experiment, graft a weed plant and a grape wine:high-five:

Oh wow. I didn't know how long their feathers had to be so they could fly. They just look pretty short and spread apart. It's not a Robin. The mother is a smaller tan colored bird. Not sure the species though.

All those baby birds look alike :) Their bodies haven't grown into the size of their beaks yet.

Most of what I know about birds is from watching our bird feeder in the woods the last three years. I never learned much watching city bird feeders, so I don't know much.

I see the robin babies leave the nest when their flight feathers are about 3/4 filled in. The feathers grow larger as the young birds grow larger. I don't see the chickadees leave the nests until they are full sized. Most of the baby birds don't show up at the feeders until they are full sized, but I think they left the nest earlier. The baby cardinals show up younger than most: when they are still showing some of their baby fat. The parents leave them feeding on the porch when they are just learning to feed themselves. It's a baby cardinal day care center :)

Back
Top Bottom