The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Well, nothing earth shatteringly interesting outside this afternoon. It's when I came back in the house that got me.

If you have critter jitters (or bee fear like OG, LOL) Don't look!

This greeted me as I walked into the living room, a very large yellow jacket/hornet:

hornet.jpg

He was confused and peeved. I would guess so.

I think Kitty let him in, she wanted to play.

There were 10 Green Peppers...

0_green_peppers1.jpg

First flower is going to open any day :party:

Padron_flower1.jpg

They are Padron Peppers, an essential component of Spanish Tapas Roulette, a game for all ages, can be very funny. They are an extremely tasty starter/side dish/snack, pictures on the food thread in a month or so

:thumb:

There were 10 Green Peppers...

0_green_peppers1.jpg

First flower is going to open any day :party:

Padron_flower1.jpg

They are Padron Peppers, an essential component of Spanish Tapas Roulette, a game for all ages, can be very funy. They are an extremely tasty starter/side dish/snack, pictures on the food thread in a month or so

:thumb:

They sound great. First time I looked there were no pics. Those look wonderful!
Never heard of the game, anything funny is okay by me. :)

Your gardening fun is showing!

I am quoting

''Padron peppers have been called “Spanish roulette.” Don’t worry, they’re not going to do you bodily harm, but they’ll probably burn your mouth. The great thing about Padron peppers is that some of them are sweet, tart and verdant without any heat whatsoever, and then some of them contain the fire of hell. You never know which one you’ll get, which makes eating them pretty fun at a party''

ps. I had to reload pics, forgot the off topic option

I am quoting

''Padron peppers have been called “Spanish roulette.” Don’t worry, they’re not going to do you bodily harm, but they’ll probably burn your mouth. The great thing about Padron peppers is that some of them are sweet, tart and verdant without any heat whatsoever, and then some of them contain the fire of hell. You never know which one you’ll get, which makes eating them pretty fun at a party''

ps. I had to reload pics, forgot the off topic option

Now that would be a ball of fire kind of game! How cool izzat? LOL Do you burn your mouth often? :laugh:

old_tool_3.jpg

Okay, who knows what these are actually called? I have seen them used for towing, my Pops had a set he used to rig up for pulling engines along with hoists and hooks....they can be used for lots of things. But what are they actually called??
I've looked up vintage towing frames, (thanks to a suggestion from a member. :thanks: ) vintage tow bars...not having much luck with the actual name here.

These would be below average performers for towing as they won't work well for horizontal towing. They have no scissors/ compression action like you would find in ice or stone lifting tongs with chains. Vertical lifting would be better. Hanging those hooks over a bar with the ring downward would be the sturdiest position.

Whatever it hooks on must be rigid as it lacks the scissoring compression forces for most lifting hooks. - The ring could slip over a hook as a temporary hanger for a wire rimmed basket such as a apple basket, milk crate, or shopping cart.

Happy Sunday Cannafan :ciao:

image12884.jpeg

Hope the MOTM kerfuffle isn't throwing you off centre too much, I better go vote before I forget....

Blue Dream (or was it Blue Moon :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:)
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

:cheer:

What a cute little fellow! And perfect little song to go with him. We don't have those around here, closest to a lizard are slimy salamanders. Fish and snake food. LOL

I just realized, I think I posted something to the wrong thread. Oh oh...better go check that!

Thanks for pic, and I quit reading it (what you mentioned). LOL

:circle-of-love:

I made a bit of a mistake this morning. Well, more than a bit. LOL

I went outside to do some work and this stray cat that has been destroying my flowers decided it wanted to be friendly, yakking at me and sitting so pretty. I petted it. Big OOPS!

Now it will not leave my side, and is under my feet everywhere I go!

stray_2.jpg

Stray_1.jpg

Sassy is not amused. I had to put a piece of old plexiglass in front of the screen on the deck to keep them apart. The last stray cat tried to attack her through the screen and ripped it.

stray_3.jpg

This is some stuff from work gearing up for summer bedding displays & the change of season :thumb:

Some 900 geraniums classed as tender perennial plants & not very frost hardy this will be the 3rd year i have cared for these, normally removed from the bedding areas autumn time being left to over wintered in one of the green house's i manage for use next year.

Some other annual flowers i growed from plug plant stage which some have been used for hanging baskets the others will be for urns, troughs, tubs or used as dot plants in various garden areas.

In the tropical house some of my favourites are orchids & bromeliads so much going on all year around.

Annual flowers being harden off & waiting planting out very soon.

Another geranium this one is part of the private plant collection used for floristry displays in the mansion & many more including scented varieties, currently working on replacing stock via cuttings as old stock is getting a little woody & less productive.

A very busy fuzzy wuzzy, still got to get around to direct seed sowing some veg & other herbs in the garden... oh ye heard mention of chilli's pardon are excellent pan fried in olive oil & garnished with rock sea salt so tasty it is pretty true about the odd roulette pepper in the batch this pepper has some few hundred years of history...

Padrón peppers were brought back from South America by Spanish monks in the 16th century. The monks grew the peppers in the gardens of their convent, in the small village of Herbón, within the Padrón district. The peppers soon became a favourite at the table of locals, enabling the monks to trade in the peppers for other much-needed products.

400 years later and the peppers are no longer grown by monks but by locals, generation after generation.

I grow a few chilli's as well i'll get some pic's up when they are in flower & fruiting.

What beautiful pictures Fuzzy D! I recognize so many of those, it's like my field of dreams. We had a nursery here for years that was a major large one. We hung out there every day after work with the owner for a sit-n-beer. I absolutely loved it.

The only thing they didn't have there was the tropical varieties. Yours are lovely! The bromeliades are unusual, I would love to have those here.

I envy that you get to look at such beauty all day, and the smells are awesome as I recall.

Keep the pics coming, it is a wonderful thing for the spring/summer seasons.

:thanks:

What a cute little fellow! And perfect little song to go with him. We don't have those around here, closest to a lizard are slimy salamanders. Fish and snake food. LOL

I just realized, I think I posted something to the wrong thread. Oh oh...better go check that!

Thanks for pic, and I quit reading it (what you mentioned). LOL

:circle-of-love:

Very sensible!

If you win you'll still be Cannafan and if you lose you'll still be Cannafan (without the epic :420:prize haul; but still Cannafan)

Go Cannafan :cheer:

That stray cat looks pretty healthy and well fed. The stray cats here are pitiful looking specimens. Sadly, the locals throw away the offspring of their unfixed domestic cats, and even though there is plenty of mice, rats and birds, the abandoned orphan dogs and cats just can't fend for themselves because they are the progeny of domestic animals, not true strays or ferals.

Now I depressed myself :dreamy:

That stray cat looks pretty healthy and well fed. The stray cats here are pitiful looking specimens. Sadly, the locals throw away the offspring of their unfixed domestic cats, and even though there is plenty of mice, rats and birds, the abandoned orphan dogs and cats just can't fend for themselves because they are the progeny of domestic animals, not true strays or ferals.

Now I depressed myself :dreamy:

Get yourself out of being depressed by realizing you are someone who cares. If it depressed you, then you have a heart and it extends to those orphans.

This cat is not feral, he's too well groomed and friendly. I'm thinking it's a neighbors' cat from somewhere down the road who comes here for the chipmunk feast opportunities. He is not fixed, so he will not come in my house.
Appears he went home, I haven't seen him in over an hour...so I can get back outside and continue my chores.

:high-five:

Get yourself out of being depressed by realizing you are someone who cares. If it depressed you, then you have a heart and it extends to those orphans.

This cat is not feral, he's too well groomed and friendly. I'm thinking it's a neighbors' cat from somewhere down the road who comes here for the chipmunk feast opportunities. He is not fixed, so he will not come in my house.
Appears he went home, I haven't seen him in over an hour...so I can get back outside and continue my chores.

:high-five:

:oops: guess I should have finished reading...LOL....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom