The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

It's done! I didn't move the Lily plant. I'm going to wait until after it is done blooming this year and move it then.

I found an old packet of sweet corn, lord only knows how old it is....so I planted some of those along the far edge of the planter to see if they will grow. I also had some onions in my garage hanging in a bin that had started sprouting, so I planted those and also some Garlic.

Then a few more Cucumbers and the last of the Acorn Squash seeds. All I need to do now is keep a watch on the weeds and pick them out as I see them. Sooner or later I'll get them all.......ha ha ha ha ha
I'm not going to fence around this one. We'll let 'er rip as is and see what happens. :)

Now, if anyone is wondering why I'm typing all of this.....well I just like to hear myself type. :tommy:

I think I'll get some tators in there in a couple days too. :)

Gypsy and I were typing at the same time it seems. LOL

On second thought, maybe I'll pack these nests up and send them to Gypsy so a taste test of the charred worms can be done. :laugh:

I have my own home grown strain lol... but thank you :rofl:

Okay Gypsy. The fish will appreciate that. :laugh:

Couple more pics today. Only one of these bloomed this year:

Flower_in_the_sun_1.jpg

flower_in_the_sun_2.jpg

Two reasons, but because of one critter. A large stray cat has been hanging around, I watched him today walk right over to these plants and mark his territory on top of them. AFTER he walked through them and broke one of the long flower stems off.
Appears I'm going to have to fence that area in too. Geez!

I'm all done for the day. The minute my buttski hit the couch a few minutes ago, it screamed "I ain't moving again today!!"

Have a good evening or morning all.

:)

OlderGrower told me to "take a hike" today. LOL Actually he encouraged me to take a walk around the property. So I did.

These are annual pretties that show up on the power line in huge numbers. I figured I better get a pic before the power company comes and sprays for weeds. Bat rasterds, kill everything pretty out there.

flowers_14.jpg

Mr. Bumble didn't seem to mind me much:

flowers_27.jpg

Some miscellaneous by the pond:

flowers_34.jpg

AJ, here's what the Rhododendron's look like when they bloom out. Ideally all of those petals will bloom into a big ball of flowers.

Rhododendrons_1.jpg

This looks like alien creatures with big white eyes calling a meeting together:

rhododendrons_2.jpg

The Robin eggs are still intact. Should be any day now for newborns:

Robin_eggs.jpg

I thought this was a wonderful study in shades of the color brown, and the textures were pretty cool:

flowers_43.jpg

Must be my lucky day?

flowers_52.jpg

I have been giggling my arse off this afternoon. The chipmunks have been climbing the shepherd's hook to get to the bird house feeder. They are killing me in the amount of birdseed they consume and they are keeping the birds away. Sooooo....I did the vaseline on the metal pole trick.

It's too funny! They jump on the pole and then slide slowly right back down. I am going to try to get a video of one, have to catch them at the right time in the window.

Back
Top Bottom