The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Took some photos for you today, lol, honestly....

image36815.jpg

Did you bring this one home for a closer look?

This looks A LOT like the psychedelic Fly Agaric (Amanita Muscaria) from here.

Amanita Muscaria var. flavivolvata

I thought I recognized that, it's the cover photo of one of my books.

Book2.jpg

Fly Agaric:

Used at one time to make fly poison, it figures prominently in the folklore of peoples in widely separated areas of the world. Formerly believed to be a deadly poisonous species, it is now known to produce states of delirium and raving, but few fatalities. It's potency seems to vary geographically, and several varieties are recognized.

Habitat: On the ground under conifers or hardwoods

Range: West Coast to Rocky Mountains; rare in the East.

Nice find on the mushroom. :high-five: What are the chances, eh?

I live in an urban jungle. This beautiful display of spontaneous joy caught my eye on the way out for groceries.

image10437.jpeg

Amanita Muscaria var. flavivolvata

I thought I recognized that, it's the cover photo of one of my books.

Book2.jpg

I don't need a book - it's the Santa Claus mushroom. Go ahead google Amanita Muscaria and Santa Claus !

Although come to think of it, it is in my book co-written by Prof. Abby Hoffman (73rd anniversary of his first acid trip on Tuesday)

20160416_174037-1.jpg

When ya get through would you run on by here... I should be out there doing the samething but I just don't feel the urge...:straightface: There's something new...:thedoubletake: You're going to love those peach trees Heir... We had them when I was a kid... Well you're gonna love them if you have kids to pick up the ucky ones off the ground each summer... but they are so sweet here.. I don't think they grow as big as SC, Georgia and PA but they were always sweet and juicy... PA are the best peaches I have ever eaten.... We try to go to Upstate the end of each summer to get sweet corn and peaches... I usually put up enough till the next year but I didn't get to go this past year and I am now out of both... You don't know how much ya love something till it's gone..:blushsmile:........:circle-of-love:

:ciao: OG! Bring us some humor.....go ahead...double dare ya! :laugh:
whew thank goodness you did not double dog dare me or I would be having to come up with some class A material instead I will bring you my front yard
while not funny, it does have some great memories
IMG_181029.jpg

The dogwood that is the nicest of the 3 which is blooming the most was snapped by my son back when he was 8 and throwing a temper tantrum. Had I known how well the tree was going to recover I would have pissed him off even more :love:

The Mountain Ash is just starting to flower, reminds the wife of our home back in Montana before we moved to Oregon, apparently she did not remember having to clean up under them, go figure.
IMG_181132.jpg

and yes the hedges do need trimming, they are in my jar of Honey-do's and I will eventually get around to it, right along with mow the yard, fill up the bird feeders and many many more.:love:

Beautiful OG! I have dogwoods here, but they are not nearly as big as that. They're so pretty.
I did giggle at the story of your son and wishing you had peeved him off more. LOL

So thanks for that too!

Leaf blower ran out of gas...no gas here.
Lawn mower won't go into gear...apparently needs a complete tear down now to fix it. Into mechanic mode I went and it's still not done.
Now jury duty has hit me for the rest of the week.

I am soothed by the wonderful pics! And thanks to Gypsy for that lovely sky shot! :)

:circle-of-love:

Leaf blower ran out of gas...no gas here.
Lawn mower won't go into gear...apparently needs a complete tear down now to fix it. Into mechanic mode I went and it's still not done.
Girl Girl Girl you need to think outside the box! This is an easy fix with multiple possible solutions.- #1 any neighbors have a goat or sheep? Borrow them for a few days, grass all mowed down.
#2- no neighbors with livestock, not a problem, I know you do not trim your buds with your teeth, you have to have a pair of scissors somewhere in the house, may be a little slow but imagine that feeling of accomplishment you will be feeling in about a week!

Sweety sweety sweety the box, remember the box, got to think outside that box my dear.
Show up to jury duty wearing an Anarchist logo shirt and start talking to yourself in a really loud voice. Say things like, "Charlie Manson got a raw deal time to get some justice." or "I have no idea why everyone is so down on Hitler, it is not like he was a bad guy or anything like that" Trust me, no one will ever call you again for jury duty, though be forewarned, if you want to actually get to know anyone there at the moment, chances are they will never return your calls and will most likely avoid you like the plague. But jury duty will be a thing of the past.

Girl Girl Girl you need to think outside the box! This is an easy fix with multiple possible solutions.- #1 any neighbors have a goat or sheep? Borrow them for a few days, grass all mowed down.
#2- no neighbors with livestock, not a problem, I know you do not trim your buds with your teeth, you have to have a pair of scissors somewhere in the house, may be a little slow but imagine that feeling of accomplishment you will be feeling in about a week!

Sweety sweety sweety the box, remember the box, got to think outside that box my dear.
Show up to jury duty wearing an Anarchist logo shirt and start talking to yourself in a really loud voice. Say things like, "Charlie Manson got a raw deal time to get some justice." or "I have no idea why everyone is so down on Hitler, it is not like he was a bad guy or anything like that" Trust me, no one will ever call you again for jury duty, though be forewarned, if you want to actually get to know anyone there at the moment, chances are they will never return your calls and will most likely avoid you like the plague. But jury duty will be a thing of the past.

Nope, no livestock in the neighborhood. Just a nosy neighbor whom I'm sure is watching that grass get tall. LOL

Ummmm.....on the scissors....I'll save those for the proper gooey hash. Outdoor grass doesn't "cut" it.

You have no idea how big my yard is, front and back!

:rofl:

Jury duty, I answered you somewhat on the smokathon thread. I do have a plan.
I have no desire to meet anyone or make friends there. Not much of a real world social person anymore. The older I get, the less I want to do it. People are strange......

Why do I want to put a "Doors" Cd in now?

:laugh:

And thanks to Gypsy for that lovely sky shot! :)

:circle-of-love:

I once showed up for Jury Duty barefoot and was immediately preremptorially challenged off the jury :)

I hadn't worn shoes in 6 months, I didn't see a need to start that day.

I will bring you my front yard
while not funny, it does have some great memories

And at least two very nice whirlygigs :)

Back
Top Bottom