The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Plant marigold with tomato for slug control !

I've got a horrible snail problem. I've used diatomaceous earth in the past, but the rain washed it away pretty quickly.
As a hempy grower, I happen to have a ton of used perlite hanging around at most times.
I had a thought the other day.... why not try perlite instead of D earth?
Sure 'nuff... worked like a charm. Sure... my strawberry patch looks like it was recently snowed upon, but the snails are GONE.

I've had this plant for years. I moved it from my last home six years ago and last year it really had some nice blooms. But on this rainy morning, Clematis Nellie Moser decided to bloom...and on the back side of the trellis in fact.

IMG_35638.JPG

I've got a horrible snail problem. I've used diatomaceous earth in the past, but the rain washed it away pretty quickly.
As a hempy grower, I happen to have a ton of used perlite hanging around at most times.
I had a thought the other day.... why not try perlite instead of D earth?
Sure 'nuff... worked like a charm. Sure... my strawberry patch looks like it was recently snowed upon, but the snails are GONE.

Did you mix the perlite into the soil around them or just top dress it? I would have an issue with wind blowing my perlite away here, so I want to see if mixing it around them works. :)

Two reasons. The variety here is different than So. Cal. It seems I have found the one plant who's pollen makes me miserable. No joke when it blooms here, I can't take 5 steps out side without sneezing 3 times.

It grows plentiful and wild here, preferring the forest edges and using small trees as support. It spreads fast and takes over.

So it's a constant battle and for a month I am living on antihistamines.

Two reasons. The variety here is different than So. Cal. It seems I have found the one plant who's pollen makes me miserable. No joke when it blooms here, I can't take 5 steps out side without sneezing 3 times.

It grows plentiful and wild here, preferring the forest edges and using small trees as support. It spreads fast and takes over.

Oh, that is unfortunate! I was going to say keep a garden hose nearby to spray them down now and then to keep pollen down...but if they are growing wild over there, that would be hard to do. You have honeysuckle like I have these out of hand raspberry bushes. They just take control and it's a constant battle!

Took some photos for you today, lol, honestly....
image36818.jpg

image36817.jpg

image36816.jpg

image36815.jpg

image36814.jpg

image36813.jpg

image36811.jpg
image36810.jpg
image36809.jpg

image36808.jpg

image36807.jpg
image36806.jpg

It's true... very true....:circle-of-love:

Stop by anytime then, because I'll be under the thick fern canopy!

Canna - We have wild blackberries that accompany the honeysuckle in the forest edge. Perfect for when you want to pull a fresh snag in new pants or a shirt, or are missing the pleasure of a thorn burr stuck subcutaneously.

How about a springtime update? Lets take a walk shall we?

This early girl tomato is adjusting fine and is about to take off.

DSCN121910.JPG

And these Trip-L Crop tomatoes are also looking good in their new deep pots.

DSCN12207.JPG

Close by are the cherry trees I planted last year. Montmorency and North Star.

DSCN12178.JPG

DSCN12188.JPG

Over here I have some thornless blackberries. The bees are doing a great job.

DSCN12167.JPG

DSCN12157.JPG

DSCN121310.JPG

DSCN12149.JPG

This is one of my peaches I planted last year. Elberta IIRC.

DSCN122111.JPG

And the big peach tree....

DSCN122213.JPG

And finally, last but not least, the blueberries. O'Neil and Bluecrop.

DSCN121210.JPG

DSCN120711.JPG

DSCN12067.JPG

DSCN121010.JPG

:circle-of-love:

Buds, Bees, Berries.....It's SPRING! :yahoo:

Thanks so much Heirloom!! I've been outside most of the day, had to put a fence up around the Hostas/worm poo planter. Caught that Rabbit in there chewing last night.

Hopefully what I put up will deter him until those plants bloom out. There was a set of deer tracks right through the center of it too.....that's a different problem to deal with. LOL

This is all I have for flowers at the moment:

spring_flower_2.jpg

Took a walk around the pond. It appears that a pair of Mallards are going to make this the summer home. They've been hanging out everyday now.

One of the larger Koi survived the winter. Was sooo happy to see him, he's the prettiest:

Koi.jpg

All I have for now. Thanks for all the wonderful photos guys!

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom