The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

I'll admit I do make my whole grain bread a good part of the time but I can get Sara Lee whole wheat or whole 9 grain bread if I drive to the city.... Around here... Wheat flour bread about covers it but honest to goodness... They opened a Mexican restaurant in the little town here that is kick azz... Now I doubt it would be s Ca. but it sure is good for around these parts... You'ens gotta love the BBQ though...:yummy:...:circle-of-love:

You know seasons are changing when you can leave your precious girls out all day and night....

DSCN107212.JPG

DSCN107311.JPG

I took the girls for a ride yesterday....

DSCN10696.JPG

I love my fireflies here... they look like twinklie Christmas lights sometimes....:)....:circle-of-love:

There is a farmers field in my area that the fireflies seem to use as a breeding ground or something. Oddly, the same field that the whooping cranes gather sometimes. For about a week, I can drive over there at night and see the fireflies from the road. It looks like you are viewing the billions of stars in the sky twinkling continuously. One of natures wonders for sure.

Well not to speak for Heir but I think I will anyhow... I'm pretty sure he would say there are 4 seasons where he lives and each is literally about equal length... of course winter and summer feel longer but really aren't.... but there really is distinct seasons and it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter but not for long periods of time... That unbearable crap is only maybe a month or a little longer for each.... Not like where you are... Not like where fella is from... that's insanity...:straightface:....and even when it does snow and get really cold just stick around a minute and it will change... it never last to long....:circle-of-love:

It was 65? and warm this afternoon. The hyacinth's were smelling lovely. No leaves on the trees. Rain today (while I was outside burning scrap lumber). Rain predicted tomorrow. Snow predicted Monday and Tuesday.

At least there were hyacinth.

20160402_171609-1.jpg

A couple of days ago there was a murder of about 20 crows and at least 5 hawks disputing territory

20160330_085343-1.jpg

About a dozen crows and 3 hawks in a conflict resolution meeting.

20160330_085343-1-1.jpg

Well not to speak for Heir but I think I will anyhow... I'm pretty sure he would say there are 4 seasons where he lives and each is literally about equal length... of course winter and summer feel longer but really aren't.... but there really is distinct seasons and it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter but not for long periods of time... That unbearable crap is only maybe a month or a little longer for each.... Not like where you are... Not like where fella is from... that's insanity...:straightface:....and even when it does snow and get really cold just stick around a minute and it will change... it never last to long....:circle-of-love:

Bingo!

That sounds quite heavenly Dennise. :circle-of-love:

Bingo! Lol.

Carefully chosen :;):

I looked at WV and KY too. Too much snow in WV. KY had other reasons why it got booted from the list.

The worst part is the humidity in the summer/early fall. It just kills me. And the humidity mixed with ample rain is a huge bud rot concern. Pruning, training and an individual bud lst technique I'm working out really help though.

Hey guys and gals!!! Due to unforeseen circumstances I am starting some new plants for my garden. I have 24 beefsteak tomatoes, 12 Cherry Tomatoes and 12 peppers so far. I will be starting carrots, green beans and maybe some eggplant. They are all in cups under a Mars 900 right now. I will continue some inside, move some to the outdoor garden and donate some to my churches community garden. I still have 1/3 of my 3x3 tent left and all of my 2x2. Any suggestions on what else would be good to start inside? :circle-of-love::peace:

Hey SG, welcome aboard. :)
How about some kind of leafy greens, like Kale or Spinach?
Great for salads!
We'll see what else is suggested.

:circle-of-love:

What do you think? Would Kale go start to finish in a 2 gal pot? Or should I start smaller and plan to move them outside? I love putting Kale in my Lentil soup. I chop a whole head and put it in for the last 15 minutes or so. :thumb::peace:

What do you think? Would Kale go start to finish in a 2 gal pot? Or should I start smaller and plan to move them outside? I love putting Kale in my Lentil soup. I chop a whole head and put it in for the last 15 minutes or so. :thumb::peace:

I'll look at the growing techniques on it and report back. I love Kale...and I love raw spinach in salads. Don't care much for cooked spinach.
Strawberries are a nice thought too! You could certainly start those indoors. :)

Back
Top Bottom