The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Have any of you grown tomatoes indoors under LED lighting?

If so, did you start from seed or from greenhouse plants?

:thanks:

I didn't see this till just now. Up until yesterday I had four Trip-L Crop (Italian tree) tomato seedlings under a mars II 400. They started looking bleached so I took them out. I started them from seed (they were in the 72 cell tray pic weeks ago) and they are currently in 4" deep root tree pots. I did not start them under the LED, but under a T5.

:Namaste:

I didn't see this till just now. Up until yesterday I had four Trip-L Crop (Italian tree) tomato seedlings under a mars II 400. They started looking bleached so I took them out. I started them from seed (they were in the 72 cell tray pic weeks ago) and they are currently in 4" deep root tree pots. I did not start them under the LED, but under a T5.

:Namaste:

Thanks Heirloom! Bleached I don't want.....I wonder if a T5 would be fine for the entire growth? I'm sure I could train or LST a tomato plant like I can do with Cannabis. I need to find some pots big enough though. This is the time of year when everything at the nurseries are marked up 1000%. Tis the season to make money. LOL

Thanks Heirloom! Bleached I don't want.....I wonder if a T5 would be fine for the entire growth? I'm sure I could train or LST a tomato plant like I can do with Cannabis. I need to find some pots big enough though. This is the time of year when everything at the nurseries are marked up 1000%. Tis the season to make money. LOL

It wasn't that long ago that I bought a bundle (at least 25) of Rutgers tomatoes for about $2. Those were some of the best tomatoes I ever grew. Oh my, I should look for my show box full of flower and vegetable seeds.

This has been the view from my trimming chair all morning. He's been steadily watching me work:

Cardinal_1.jpg

Were they big fat, beefy? What I love and cannot live without it seems, is tomatoes on the grill filled with a little real Parmesan and some bacon bits. It's heaven!

I don't see why you couldn't use t5 all the way.

Rutgers I consider a medium slicer. Not as big as Beefsteak or Mortgage lifter. I cannot wait for fresh toms. I harvested that pig a couple months ago and have bacon in the freezer just waiting for fresh lettuce and toms. MMMMMmmmmm BLT's.

I can't eat anything without ketchup on it just about but I would eat dirt before I would eat a tomato...:blushsmile:...:circle-of-love:

I don't know what to say about that other than my Son is the same way.

I don't see why you couldn't use t5 all the way.

Rutgers I consider a medium slicer. Not as big as Beefsteak or Mortgage lifter. I cannot wait for fresh toms. I harvested that pig a couple months ago and have bacon in the freezer just waiting for fresh lettuce and toms. MMMMMmmmmm BLT's.

I don't know what to say about that other than my Son is the same way.

You had my mouth watering there. Tomato and Miracle Whip sandwiches. Mmmmmmmm......,

I would just like to state that while I may live in an area that is awfully...welllll, how shall I say....ummmm.....white bread and bologna (mid-south).....I'm not from here. It's been....interesting...trying to fulfill some cravings. I have a heck of a time getting a decent multi grain bread, lol. Racks full of white and wheat-ish white bread. Narry a shelf of honey-wheat, 9 grain, sour dough, rye etc. And I can't tell you how much I miss good sushi. And carne asada burritos. For me, a So Cal boy, when Taco Bell is by far the best Mexican food available, quality of life goes down a couple notches. The fried chicken and BBQ kicks arse here though!

Ketchup and hot sauce on pancakes? That must be down in Louisiana or Florida, lol. I don't think the locals are that nutty here.

Back
Top Bottom