"The Beast" gets serious!

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

Hey Fry how will the plants not fall in the beast. Since they are sitting in the pvc it looks like they can just topple over. Will the net hold them? Just a thought in advance.

I want brownies now lol. I am going to have to try and make some budder. I am not sure when or how but will. I am not sure if I will use kief or trim or both but will have to find more info. I loved the triple boil recipe but I hate the taste of edibles and got confused with all the pots. Gee when I cook I don't use three pots lol.

I agree on many points u have J but one glaring flaw in your logic against fem seeds is you are doing the same thing when u crossbreed seeds over time u will lose all traits that u loved of that plant phontype, by continually crossing strains, until u have an unrecognizable frankenstien.

I don't grow for a hobby or fun I grow for the love of the weed and money and regular seeds for me are a huge waste of time, has nothing to do with laziness.

If there were regular seed only strains that were far and away better product I would go with it hands down. But truth be told the "Reputable" seed breeders make killer fem seeds which win variuos cup awards year after year. J I think we have to agree to disagree because honestly we both are growing weed bro what could be better than that. Oh yeah growing without males.:)

Oh yeah and who told you NIRVANA was GOOD. I can understand hating fem seeds if you bought thiers.

Hey I only use fems these days and I've not had a hermie either. I'm probably about 30 for 30! Well shit, I just jinxed myself! LOL!

As far as seeds being more potent than clones? Taste test I've run say not until about the 3 or 4th generation. If you are pulling from a mother I'd think not but Ghost you have way more experience in that area. I'd think the certainy of growth pattern would make up for some slight degrade in potency. Interesting topic though.

It depends on when you make that cut on the mother MC but if you found a pheno that produces the same quality after 3rd or 4th generation which I have never seen, u have something very very special on your hands. I mean don't get me wrong it will still get you blasted but you can tell the potency is not as good as the first seed grown plant. My buddy always does that; has favorite plant clones it and the original weed is always better than the cloned weed. ALWAYS wait maybe...... NO ALWAYS

I might be mean but, I think that they torture the animals so deserve it when the bull hurts them.

That was the way Colbert was putting it. He began the clip by showing how they torture the bulls sticking knives in their backs until they collapse. But this goring was particularly gruesome, the horn came out of his mouth! He definitely paid some dues there, even Colbert was totally grossed out.

Hey Fry how will the plants not fall in the beast. Since they are sitting in the pvc it looks like they can just topple over. Will the net hold them? Just a thought in advance.

I want brownies now lol. I am going to have to try and make some budder. I am not sure when or how but will. I am not sure if I will use kief or trim or both but will have to find more info. I loved the triple boil recipe but I hate the taste of edibles and got confused with all the pots. Gee when I cook I don't use three pots lol.

I'll place the net horizontally about 24" above the plants, they will grow up through the net and be supported then. This will also give me the ability to move the buds around to allow for as much light as possible.

I'll place the net horizontally about 24" above the plants, they will grow up through the net and be supported then. This will also give me the ability to move the buds around to allow for as much light as possible.

I made that mistake myself last time Fry I used string but a net trellis is the way to go for lighting purposes. I would have increased my yield by 20 % I figured if I had used a net trellis. NO SHIT PEEPS this is a great and cheap tool for us. Use it

It depends on when you make that cut on the mother MC but if you found a pheno that produces the same quality after 3rd or 4th generation which I have never seen, u have something very very special on your hands. I mean don't get me wrong it will still get you blasted but you can tell the potency is not as good as the first seed grown plant. My buddy always does that; has favorite plant clones it and the original weed is always better than the cloned weed. ALWAYS wait maybe...... NO ALWAYS

You know, my only problem with your statement is that perceived quality is so damn subjective. I mean you're talking shades of grey there, it's really tough to prove that the smoke from one generation is better than another. I mean Roseman says he can tell the difference between individual areas on his plants! And then there are times my body accepts medications much differently. I've never studied the subject, but I'm sure there are personal physiological changes occurring within us daily that would affect the way our bodies react to medication making true objective comparisons less than accurate.

I'll tell you one thing though, I know there are people around here growing from seed, but I've never heard anyone say there was any better smoke around than mine. One friend I shared a little bowl with, well she and her ex used to be big dealers in New York many years ago. She said, "well, it's not the best I've ever tasted, but this is the best I've tasted in a very long time."

You know, my only problem with your statement is that perceived quality is so damn subjective. I mean you're talking shades of grey there, it's really tough to prove that the smoke from one generation is better than another. I mean Roseman says he can tell the difference between individual areas on his plants! And then there are times my body accepts medications much differently. I've never studied the subject, but I'm sure there are personal physiological changes occurring within us daily that would affect the way our bodies react to medication making true objective comparisons less than accurate.

I'll tell you one thing though, I know there are people around here growing from seed, but I've never heard anyone say there was any better smoke around than mine. One friend I shared a little bowl with, well she and her ex used to be big dealers in New York many years ago. She said, "well, it's not the best I've ever tasted, but this is the best I've tasted in a very long time."

Fair enough Fry I take that challenge I guarntee both my White Widow and the Cheese from my last grow blows the doors off your NL or SOUR D. Now how do we do this........:bongrip::bong:

Quality is very subjective when it comes to weed because everyone reacts different to it and no plant is the same.

But around my close peers and even more experienced smokers than I trust my weed palette.

Shit when I go to my disp. They ask me to try the "medicinal" samples to see if they should buy it. More often than not I tell them no and the majority of the time it never gets on the board to sell.

I feel your need for quick cash FRY but I will constantly remind you that a corner is being cut and u could do better with seeds is all. And for the record I am not above geting some clones; shit I almost did it this time with some Blue Cheese and GDP from my disp.

Quality is very subjective when it comes to weed because everyone reacts different to it and no plant is the same.

But around my close peers and even more experienced smokers than I trust my weed palette.

Shit when I go to my disp. They ask me to try the "medicinal" samples to see if they should buy it. More often than not I tell them no and the majority of the time it never gets on the board to sell.

I feel your need for quick cash FRY but I will constantly remind you that a corner is being cut and u could do better with seeds is all. And for the record I am not above geting some clones; shit I almost did it this time with some Blue Cheese and GDP from my disp.

Yes, I realize I'm not being very pure in my methods, and the day will come soon enough.

But unfortunately it's time to mow the lawn! I'm making a nookie run to Denver this weekend and the lawn will be too tall if I wait.

Don't tell my girlfriend I call it my nookie run, she'd cut me off and that would make me one cranky individual!

Not to hijack your thread...
Just to point out.. In genetics, mutations occur in genotypes naturally in all the time.
That's how evolution works. A genetic mutation occurs, and a new genotype is produced and if the plants phenotype (a phenotype is the combination of a genotype and the environment) has an environmental advantage, that's natural selection.

If a breeder is lucky, and catches it (and it's desirable), he backcrosses the phenotype into itself, about 6-8 times through induced flowering. Now the plant has stabilized into an F1, and now produces the same genotypes every time.

There's a few way to produce fem seeds. The bad way is treating the seeds with a chemical, that results in the male plants, growing female flowers, which is why so many people associate femed seeds with hermies. It's really a male that's been doped up to grow female flowers.

The other ways of producing them (the same as backcrossing) be forcing a female to produce male flowers and backcrossing it with itself. This results in higher then average females.. they claim 75-80%.

*CLIMBS DOWN OFF HIS SCIENCE.. err SOAP BOX*

man ghost is making me want to track down some good seeds. about a month away from starting up a new grow in a room built just for it. 1 month into flowering on my current grow(GDP) and to give the really nice 3 fems i got in flowering more room, i just transplanted 3 other fems from indoors to outdoors and there loving it and looking amazing. next set up is like yours fry but room for 8 and under 2-400 watt ceramic metal halide's

still don't have at home pu$$y yet FRY????? I thought she was moving in my man :blalol::;):

She was supposed to move in 3 years ago! If she wasn't such a fine woman I'd be with someone else. This woman has brains, class, defines sweetness, pretty as the day is long and a sweet little ass. The only problem is she lives 180 miles away!

Not to hijack your thread...
Just to point out.. In genetics, mutations occur in genotypes naturally in all the time.
That's how evolution works. A genetic mutation occurs, and a new genotype is produced and if the plants phenotype (a phenotype is the combination of a genotype and the environment) has an environmental advantage, that's natural selection.

If a breeder is lucky, and catches it (and it's desirable), he backcrosses the phenotype into itself, about 6-8 times through induced flowering. Now the plant has stabilized into an F1, and now produces the same genotypes every time.

There's a few way to produce fem seeds. The bad way is treating the seeds with a chemical, that results in the male plants, growing female flowers, which is why so many people associate femed seeds with hermies. It's really a male that's been doped up to grow female flowers.

The other ways of producing them (the same as backcrossing) be forcing a female to produce male flowers and backcrossing it with itself. This results in higher then average females.. they claim 75-80%.

*CLIMBS DOWN OFF HIS SCIENCE.. err SOAP BOX*

Damn man, an epic post!

Thanks for putting it in my thread. I'm learning a ton of stuff this grow!
:welldone::bravo:

man ghost is making me want to track down some good seeds. about a month away from starting up a new grow in a room built just for it. 1 month into flowering on my current grow(GDP) and to give the really nice 3 fems i got in flowering more room, i just transplanted 3 other fems from indoors to outdoors and there loving it and looking amazing. next set up is like yours fry but room for 8 and under 2-400 watt ceramic metal halide's

Great to hear man, I can't wait to see you grow in one of these systems. I hope to have spawned something good here.

@ FPF and GG, let me know when the contest will take place. I'd be glad to sit and smoke both as an impartial judge! :)

Back
Top Bottom