"The Beast" gets serious!

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

You're right on the heat problem going away a little later. It's not like I have a window in my closet but a bucket and some custom ducting would work. At least it does in my dreams!

That's the thing about the window shakers, when they hang in your window they just dump they heat outside, but if you can wire up a duct you can make it work. I was at Lowes the other day and they have a nice little 12,000 btu unit that sits in your room and it has a duct for carrying the heat outside. It costs about $400, a little steep for me right now. If I can keep getting the growth I'm seeing so far I think I can get away without it.

Nice FPF I am waiting on mine to take off, how in the hell do you find the member of the month thread! everytime I search for it I can't find it unless it's attached to someones posting, shouldn't that be in a more visable area on 420mag.

Easiest way is go to the bottom right hand corner of this page, to
FORUM JUMP
open it and go to 420 CONTESTS
OR
HERE:

420 Contests - 420 Magazine

Nice FPF I am waiting on mine to take off, how in the hell do you find the member of the month thread! everytime I search for it I can't find it unless it's attached to someones posting, shouldn't that be in a more visable area on 420mag.

Go to the forums, scroll down to the 420 Lounge, under there you'll find 420 Contests, click there and you'll find the motm contest along with all the other contests.

We all discuss HEAT and keeping it low, but I se pics of Afganistan Indica in fields and tis 120 degrees there. Maybe it only grows at night there??? I don't know.

You know, you gotta wonder. But I'm guessing our water buckets don't help with heat issues. I may have got lucky switching to aero for this grow. I guess we'll find out won't we?

We all discuss HEAT and keeping it low, but I se pics of Afganistan Indica in fields and tis 120 degrees there. Maybe it only grows at night there??? I don't know.

Yeah, but they are not growing them in water!

Exactly my thought, the tops are in the 120 deg, but the roots are in the relatively cool soil.

Hard to understand not sure but 120 at night you would think it most likely doesn't get under 90* in the evenings there, reading it says plants will stop growing at around 85* to 90*! their system shuts down.

Hard to understand not sure but 120 at night you would think it most likely doesn't get under 90* in the evenings there, reading it says plants will stop growing at around 85* to 90*!

Like MC said, these plants have probably acclimated to those growing conditions so I doubt you can use too many of the "typical" givens.

yea, you can get some landrace strains like that. there is a landrace from moroco (pardon my spelling) that loves the heat and will wilt away with normal watering....
...weird. I wonder how many generations it takes cannabis to adapt like that.

Hey FPF, How far up are your lights from your little ones? I was thinking about how your at like 3 weeks and they're still itty bitty, and wondered if you were going to move the light down a touch? maybe, maybe not helfull, it's just hard to tell with the pics.

Hmmmmm.>/?

yea, you can get some landrace strains like that. there is a landrace from moroco (pardon my spelling) that loves the heat and will wilt away with normal watering....
...weird. I wonder how many generations it takes cannabis to adapt like that.

Hey FPF, How far up are your lights from your little ones? I was thinking about how your at like 3 weeks and they're still itty bitty, and wondered if you were going to move the light down a touch? maybe, maybe not helfull, it's just hard to tell with the pics.

Hmmmmm.>/?

The lights are about 30" above the plants. They are still pretty small, but remember, these were cuttings with no vivible roots. The roots are beginning to show and once they hit the bottom of the tubes watch out! We're getting ready to kick some ass.

Glad you got the heat issue fixed some FPF. Are you using MH or HPS bulbs now? I seem to recall you tossing around the idea of HPS the whole grow and I don't remember what you decided. I can really see a difference in the clones from your last pics. :thumb:

Once those roots hit the water in the tubes, they are gonna fly! :surf:

Glad you got the heat issue fixed some FPF. Are you using MH or HPS bulbs now? I seem to recall you tossing around the idea of HPS the whole grow and I don't remember what you decided. I can really see a difference in the clones from your last pics. :thumb:

Once those roots hit the water in the tubes, they are gonna fly! :surf:

I'm going with hps the whole grow this time. Hps puts out about 104 lumens / watt. Compare this to mh at about 90/ watt and cfl at about 65 lumens per watt and you see they are by far the most efficient. After my last grow where I used what most would consider grow spectrum for the flower and they did fantastic. So this time I'm going for raw lumens and not worrying so much about spectrum. Plus the fact that I'm throwing 8,400 lumens/ sf in my grow space I feel I'm covered pretty well.

Let's see how this one works out. If I can keep the heat in line I think this grow will kick ass too. But wait until winter for the epic grows!

Alright, I just spent about an hour out with The Beast fine tuning a number of things. I dropped the lights about 6", they are about 24" above the canopy now. I re-arranged the plants a bit, I want the smallest right in front of the fans, I took the biggest WR and put it on the far left end, previously the end of the small plants. I want to separate he big ones and hopefully give them a little more room.

I'd say there is only one plant I'm certain will die. I'm thinking of replacing that one, but I know what ever I put in there will be way behind anything I've already got going so it may be a waste. The rest are kicking ass.

When you think about it, I got a damn good result cloning in my system. 100% works for me. It wasn't very fast, but they all worked.

Alright, I just spent about an hour out with The Beast fine tuning a number of things. I dropped the lights about 6", they are about 24" above the canopy now. I re-arranged the plants a bit, I want the smallest right in front of the fans, I took the biggest WR and put it on the far left end, previously the end of the small plants. I want to separate he big ones and hopefully give them a little more room.

I'd say there is only one plant I'm certain will die. I'm thinking of replacing that one, but I know what ever I put in there will be way behind anything I've already got going so it may be a waste. The rest are kicking ass.

When you think about it, I got a damn good result cloning in my system. 100% works for me. It wasn't very fast, but they all worked.

Glad to hear the clones worked out for you FPF! Thats like my aero cloner, it takes about two weeks, but always 100% success.

Glad to hear the clones worked out for you FPF! Thats like my aero cloner, it takes about two weeks, but always 100% success.

Just today I was thinking of making one of those cloners for my next go round. I've got a Northern Lights and a White Widow Max mother going now. I'm getting ready to top the girls in The Beast within the next week or so and I'll get some mothers going of them too.

I've found there is only one person you can trust for your clones so you'd best get ready before you need them. I'll be heading to Mule's place to get some of that alien8 strain soon. I'll have to lay some good strains on him too.

Of course I'll have to check with Jasonlee and COmmj dude too. Hey, we're getting a great network going here!

420magazine Rules!

Back
Top Bottom