"The Beast" gets serious!

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

Alright, just got back from the hydro store, they had my 8" inline fan, just cam in last night. Funny, but I'll go ask these guys if they have something and if they don't they'll order it in even if I didn't ask them to special order it for me, I guess they are taking suggestions for stock for their store! This is the same guy that did my electrical controller. I'll give them all my business if I can. I do support local businesses when possible.

I'll put that sucker in this afternoon, then I'll see if I need the muffler, it looks like those can be added at any time.

ok ive got it made,,ive got the chiller up and running, im still testing to see how cold the tube gets but so far so good,,give it a bit to cool down and ill be back with alot of construction pics but im not going to do the "how to" until i get the thermo controller so be patient on the tutorial ,

I would have to "be straight" while playing golf and that has never happened. Subject never seems to come up unless I'm high! Dang sativa social high! I'm lucky to be able to hang on to the cart! Next time I'm in the trees I'm going to start looking for gorilla grows on the edges! LOL! If I found something I'd take a bud and leave a thank you note!

Well, I had a nice finish to the day yesterday, I played 9 holes of golf with my partner, we had a nice afternoon. I'm not much of a golfer and neither is he so we had a god time. We took along a joint of his White Widow, it made for a couple pretty funny holes, "did you see my ball, what ball? Did you tee off yet?Oh, wow man, you shouldn't have hit it toward that house, I wonder how many times that window has been broken?".

there is a little 9 hole course near my house, the moron who designed it didnt figure that the placement on the 5th tee was a perfect place to drive balls onto the highway. But then again I guess he never stood there HIGH with his friends saying "first one to get a ball to the fast lane wins a 6pack":bong:

ok ive got it made,,ive got the chiller up and running, im still testing to see how cold the tube gets but so far so good,,give it a bit to cool down and ill be back with alot of construction pics but im not going to do the "how to" until i get the thermo controller so be patient on the tutorial ,

Excellent, we'll be looking forward to it.

there is a little 9 hole course near my house, the moron who designed it didnt figure that the placement on the 5th tee was a perfect place to drive balls onto the highway. But then again I guess he never stood there HIGH with his friends saying "first one to get a ball to the fast lane wins a 6pack":bong:

That's pretty good, I'll bet it's happened more than once!

That's pretty good, I'll bet it's happened more than once!

we yelled at the highschool kids we saw doing it. but as soon as they left it was game on, hit the highway =1 beer, hit the fast lane = 6pack over highway = 12 pack and hit car on highway =1/4oz of the the despensory's top top top shelf selection.. the trick is to go get a bucket of driving range balls for $1.50 and tee off on the 5th hole about 200 times

Gee a lot of people must have those games around the golf course. We had a course where the first tee was a dog leg left but hitting it straight went right at a 4 lane. Ours was hit the highway on the fly - 6 pack - hit a car - a case of Bud or a 6 pack of joints. We had little car decals we put on our golf bags! LOL!

Gee a lot of people must have those games around the golf course. We had a course where the first tee was a dog leg left but hitting it straight went right at a 4 lane. Ours was hit the highway on the fly - 6 pack - hit a car - a case of Bud or a 6 pack of joints. We had little car decals we put on our golf bags! LOL!

Litle car decals? Like Pappy Boyington of th Blacksheep?

I'll never forget he first time I went to the Reno National Championship Air races n 1983. At one end of the vendors was Pappy Boyington selling copies of his aurobiography about his experiences during World War II in the Souh Pacific flying F4-U Corsairs, what, a 4 or 5 time ace? At the other end of the stands was the Japans pilot who shot him down hawking his book about how he did it. Talk about irony!!

we yelled at the highschool kids we saw doing it. but as soon as they left it was game on, hit the highway =1 beer, hit the fast lane = 6pack over highway = 12 pack and hit car on highway =1/4oz of the the despensory's top top top shelf selection.. the trick is to go get a bucket of driving range balls for $1.50 and tee off on the 5th hole about 200 times

I'm hoping this isn't a very busy highway! lol

Okay, I put in the fresh air intake fan yesterday, let it run all night. I got up at 5:30 this morning to check the temp in the garage, 90! The fan made absolutely no difference.

I'm at a bit of a loss right now as to what to do next. I'm thinking I'll head over to the hydro store and pick up another 6" inline fan to add to the light venting. I've already got a 6" can fan there pushing 420 cfm. But that may be the problem, it's pushing. My hydro guy recommended pushing rather than drawing the air, his thinking being the hot air running through the fan will kill it. I'm thinking this may be part of the problem, but to move it now would be a bitch so I'll add the inline booster fan to the end, hopefully that will move enough air to make a difference.

I need to crawl up into the attic and check to see if something is blocking the end of the vent. There seems to be a lot of air moving through it, but I may as well look.

Another step may be to buy a chiller, there is a heat exchanger made for lights and I hear a lot of people around here are using that. Here's a link to the type of thing I'm talking about, but they are pretty pricey. The chiller would be about $400 and three of these would be another $360.

Ice Box Heat Exchanger 6 inch

I agree with you FPF, I don't think that 6" is enough to push all the hot air out of 3 1000W lights, especially if you figure the cubic feet of your grow space.

Okay, I put in the fresh air intake fan yesterday, let it run all night. I got up at 5:30 this morning to check the temp in the garage, 90! The fan made absolutely no difference.

I'm at a bit of a loss right now as to what to do next. I'm thinking I'll head over to the hydro store and pick up another 6" inline fan to add to the light venting. I've already got a 6" can fan there pushing 420 cfm. But that may be the problem, it's pushing. My hydro guy recommended pushing rather than drawing the air, his thinking being the hot air running through the fan will kill it. I'm thinking this may be part of the problem, but to move it now would be a bitch so I'll add the inline booster fan to the end, hopefully that will move enough air to make a difference.

I need to crawl up into the attic and check to see if something is blocking the end of the vent. There seems to be a lot of air moving through it, but I may as well look.

Another step may be to buy a chiller, there is a heat exchanger made for lights and I hear a lot of people around here are using that. Here's a link to the type of thing I'm talking about, but they are pretty pricey. The chiller would be about $400 and three of these would be another $360.

Ice Box Heat Exchanger 6 inch

Hey FPF, sorry to here about the heat problem! I am sure you can get it worked out. With a garden that big, you should run CO2 and then you could run higher temps. Stinkbud went from harvesting 14-15 oz per round, to over 20 oz with CO2. Those heat exchangers are nice, but you could get a nice CO2 setup for that price and get a return on your investment. I think you could upgrade to a bigger fan and be fine with the lighting. You need alot more flow for 3 1000's, something like this:

Can MAX Fan 10" - 1023 cfm | Exhaust Fans & Circulators

I agree with you FPF, I don't think that 6" is enough to push all the hot air out of 3 1000W lights, especially if you figure the cubic feet of your grow space.

Damn man you got a problem Fry it's only gonna get hotter my man. Like u don't already know that.FUCK.

I went to the hydro store to pick up an inline fan. But as I was talking with my friend it occurred to my that while I'm pushing the air into the attic, the attic may not have enough ventilation and may be causing me back pressure on the fans. One of my hydro guys is cooling 3 lights just like mine with a 4" high output can fan, mine's a 6" so I'm feeling mine will do fine once I get the kinks worked out.

And yeah, it's only 75 outside, wait until it hits 95! I'm really sweating this one, literally.

Back
Top Bottom