"The Beast" gets serious!

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

hey fpf love the photos i've got some nice places to walk the dog but no where near as nice as that you might not be rich with cash but for sole searching places and the love of your 2 best friends your the richest man i know :roorrip: peace

Howdy Fry just found your new hangout, been under the weather with my worst gout bout yet !! Gonna be starting a new grow hopefully this wk once I go get a few clones ! tired of waiting on seeds to sprout and wait till they show sex ... I want to go straight to flower as soon as they hit 12" , I'll be watching your beast grow as well it looks like it will be a classic !! Good job , hope work picks up a bit for you Fry :peace:

whats up bro, Just got caught up on your journal, and damn, your setup is nice. I want to build an aero setup down the road sometime. yours looks like it will grow some amazing plants. I'm in for the long haul man

I was wondering FPF, are you planning to LST or prune your plants for more tops before you go into bloom, or go straight in with Single cola girls?? I was thinking if your gonna veg for a bit you'll probably be able to have a few replacements get in there before bloom, and still fill every site. Just curious, I might have missed it if you posted somewere here before, sorry.
;)

hey fpf love the photos i've got some nice places to walk the dog but no where near as nice as that you might not be rich with cash but for sole searching places and the love of your 2 best friends your the richest man i know :roorrip: peace

Thanks man, I appreciate the thought. And I agree with you, my two pups certainly keep he healthy and happy. Getting them out is great for my head too. This is a beautiful place around here, I really can't understand how people can live in cities. That's why my girlfriend and I live apart, she's a big city girl, loves the bright lights, I'm a country boy who's not much on light at night, can't see the stars and my world gets kind of small without stars.

Howdy Fry just found your new hangout, been under the weather with my worst gout bout yet !! Gonna be starting a new grow hopefully this wk once I go get a few clones ! tired of waiting on seeds to sprout and wait till they show sex ... I want to go straight to flower as soon as they hit 12" , I'll be watching your beast grow as well it looks like it will be a classic !! Good job , hope work picks up a bit for you Fry :peace:

Hey ol hippy, glad to hear you found the new spot, I just felt it would be easier for new people to catch up with the grow if I started a new one. Hated to say goodbye to the old thread, but all things must pass, right?

I agree about the clones, seeds are way cool, but I'm still at the point where I want to produce some good smoke. Growing from seeds seems more hit and miss to me and right now I don't have the time to experiment. The way I'm looking at it now is to get some good plants going in The Beast, then I'll think about seeds and making some mothers for my next grow.

Sorry about your gout man, you and Rose are sure opaying some sort of debt aren't you. At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about!

whats up bro, Just got caught up on your journal, and damn, your setup is nice. I want to build an aero setup down the road sometime. yours looks like it will grow some amazing plants. I'm in for the long haul man

Hey man, great to see you here!

As to the set-up, I got the inspiration from a commercial grower I know. He uses the exact same tubes, as a matter of fact he had his guys fab them for me. He gets close to a pound a plant from his. I'm shooting for a half lb/ this time. I think this really has some great possibilities, just need to get the kinks worked out.

but stick around, I think this is going to be a good one.

I was wondering FPF, are you planning to LST or prune your plants for more tops before you go into bloom, or go straight in with Single cola girls?? I was thinking if your gonna veg for a bit you'll probably be able to have a few replacements get in there before bloom, and still fill every site. Just curious, I might have missed it if you posted somewere here before, sorry.
;)

I'm not planning to lst, but I'm definitely going to top them. I'll do a pretty good veg, I want nice big fat babes here. But I am limited to about a 45" plant or there abouts, I forget exactly right now. So my thinking is to veg them for 3 to 4 weeks (I'm still rooting so I'm not counting this in veg) and then about the time I go to 12/12 I'll put a net over them, kind of like a sea of green. That way I can move the buds around for best light exposure and to help keep the plants upright.

My grower buddy put nets up vertically over his plants, he hangs his tubes from the ceiling with all-thread rod, he does it so he can walk between his tubes. I'm going to do mine horizontally which I believe will give me an advantage by spreading the tops out. I can't walk between the tubes anyway, but I can reach the center from the side, that's why no rigid side to my space, I need to be able to roll up the plastic on the sides to do maintenance.

That and I'm crossing my fingers this all works out.

just dont forget that your various strains will have various stretch heights. you might wanna go a little less on the veg first go..........sorry you probably already have that in mind, but I can get caught up in the moment. That cherry lime was a strain a friend tried. Quite the stretch on her, but i think yours is crossed with something, no? probably be different stretch.

anyways, sorry to go off again. Just trying to help..........:ganjamon:

just dont forget that your various strains will have various stretch heights. you might wanna go a little less on the veg first go..........sorry you probably already have that in mind, but I can get caught up in the moment. That cherry lime was a strain a friend tried. Quite the stretch on her, but i think yours is crossed with something, no? probably be different stretch.

anyways, sorry to go off again. Just trying to help..........:ganjamon:

No, no, no, please keep up with the input! I've gotta have that. This happens to be something I have thought about, but you never know and it certainly doesn't hurt to bring it up. Thanks man!

I'm thinking the Durbin Poison will stretch quite a bit too. The Cherry Lime is crossed with AK-47 so who knows what those will do. But my buddy is thinking the best thing to do is veg them tall to get good maturity going on the plant (he feels they are better producers when they are most mature) then use Bush Master to stunt their stretch in flower.

He did it once with White Widow Max and Northern Lights and it seemed to work, though he is one given to jumping to conclusions with minimal info. I'm not so confident I want to risk the girls getting too tall, I have no where else to go with these if they do, that would be a real problem.

I don't want to experiment that much this grow, take baby steps as it were. I'll see who wins this argument.

Okay, I haven't put out too much info as to exactly what's going on with the cuttings/clones as there isn't too much to really see. But I felt giving a root update would bring everyone up to speed.

AK/CL (AK-47/Cherry Lime):
1 clone has great roots
1 cutting from them is getting roots
3 are new cuttings I put in, 2 last Tuesday and 1 more on Thursday
1 I doubt will make it. It appears to have roots but the leaves are looking so poor I doubt it.

WR (White Russian):
1 clone has great roots
2 cuttings from them are okay, I can see roots about to emerge from the net pots
3 are new cuttings I put in, 2 on Tuesday and 1 on Thursday

DP (Durbin Poison):
2 have great roots, ready for nutes
2 have good roots, just emerging from the net pots
2 are new cuttings I put in last Tuesday.

All clones have roots when looking at the stems and into the rockwool, it's just that a bunch of them haven't made it through the rockwool yet. I'm betting by then end of this week I'll be seeing roots coming out of everywhere. Then we can get serious. Once I have nutes in the res and the roots hit the bottom of the tubes this baby should take off.

Today I'm heading to the store to pick up some velcro to start buttoning up the poly for the flowering. I've got plenty of time before that, but what the hell, I've got plenty of time to work on it now too!

Okay, now I need to get outside and get some work done on my flowers outside. I just turned on my irrigation and have some problems. Time to figure out how in the heck to do that stuff too!

Take care everyone and I hope your day is going as great as mine is!

Hey man, great to see you here!

As to the set-up, I got the inspiration from a commercial grower I know. He uses the exact same tubes, as a matter of fact he had his guys fab them for me. He gets close to a pound a plant from his. I'm shooting for a half lb/ this time. I think this really has some great possibilities, just need to get the kinks worked out.

but stick around, I think this is going to be a good one.
damn 1lb per plant indoors?! what size are they when he cuts them? I'd be going crazy if I pulled that much haha. I thought 5oz was a good haul

damn 1lb per plant indoors?! what size are they when he cuts them? I'd be going crazy if I pulled that much haha. I thought 5oz was a good haul

That's after about a 4 week veg. His best output with a 5 week veg was 22 oz/ plant. Now I have no way of knowing how much is true, but he sent me a pic of a 131 gram nug after drying. My best was that 73.5 gram Northern Lights nug that won nug of the month in April.

No, no, no, please keep up with the input! I've gotta have that. This happens to be something I have thought about, but you never know and it certainly doesn't hurt to bring it up. Thanks man!

I'm thinking the Durbin Poison will stretch quite a bit too. The Cherry Lime is crossed with AK-47 so who knows what those will do. But my buddy is thinking the best thing to do is veg them tall to get good maturity going on the plant (he feels they are better producers when they are most mature) then use Bush Master to stunt their stretch in flower.

He did it once with White Widow Max and Northern Lights and it seemed to work, though he is one given to jumping to conclusions with minimal info. I'm not so confident I want to risk the girls getting too tall, I have no where else to go with these if they do, that would be a real problem.

I don't want to experiment that much this grow, take baby steps as it were. I'll see who wins this argument.

hahaha, I hear ya. I bet you'll win that argument man. Your house your rules. Whos the cat? lol (sorry, little inside joke.)

I do agree that more mature plants will yield better, and after you get your bloom on you'll have plenty of time to prune the hell out of your next set of clones before bloom. I keep a motherplant at about 1'-1 1/2' for 3-4 months before sticking them into waterfarms. I'd say they are mature by then, and still can stay under that 45". Although the ones I have in the waterfarms now are monsters. I'm trying to get them to finish at about 5 1/2 - 6'. Anyways, i think lavendar was saying over on her thread that she likes the bushmaster, but it wasn't working on the Jack H. if thats the case it could be probable that it might not work on all strains equally, in which case you could be taking a gamble that route, but who knows, it could also be just a fluke. I dunno.......

.....I was checking out your rundown you just posted. Nice. Good to see you got things stabalized some. I'm betting that the W. Russian is gonn KILL IT in your set-up. If she's anything close to the W. Rhino I just finished she's gonna be a REAL crowd pleaser. And I hear the Russian is even better. WOOHOO!!!!! I hope you have alot of support. My Lil' Girls couldn't even hold themselves up. Phew. I'm drooling just thinking about those Russians. yummy!!

Okay, a little side trip. I didn't feel like hanging around the house today, it was beautiful so I grabbed the pups and headed out for a drive. I ended up at the Colorado National Monument just south of Grand Junction. The place is pretty cool, even got up close to a little wild life! Check it out.

IMG_21941.jpg

IMG_21901.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

Takes your breath away. Damn

FPF, how 'bout some updated pics of the Beast running with the clones in and all the mods you have made.

Man miss a day or two in here, and your lost... :popcorn:

Fry On the reveg mom... I read a post on here about revegging and the person stated it's though the plant somehow lived thru the Fall & winter and started growing back up in spring as a immature plant... It takes time as understand it to start throwing the big fan leaves out again...

If you keep showing pic's like that I have feeling we might get some more grower's moving to CO... :grinjoint: :smokin: Keep up the fight!

Back
Top Bottom