Highya Krissi,

Yeah, I was just commenting how she doesn't look like the others. My industrious nature sees her stunted and won't produce like the others (looks like). My perspective is to grow for the most buds each plant. That's all.

I just finished trimming my Super Silver Haze. The one in the pic with all the colas that are bending over everywhere. She finished up at just pover 2 lbs. 913 grams. I'm pleased! I have two (Apollo 13) drying now that will be trimmed the end of this week. 1.5 days/lady.

Your other seven ladies look great. Although one is a little light colored. Is that an illusion of the light? Also, there seems to be two different lighting schemes in there. One seems like there's a filter in front of the lens, distorting the two lower end pots (the look more egg-shaped. The other scheme is very clear, color is perfect, no distortion. Just wondering what happened, lol.

Hope you're in a stress-free zone, and doing well!! Happy Smokin'

Highya Krissi,

Yeah, I was just commenting how she doesn't look like the others. My industrious nature sees her stunted and won't produce like the others (looks like). My perspective is to grow for the most buds each plant. That's all.
I understand some growers need that! I'm in it for the grow, I'll take these off ones any day. Still think with the right love and attention, she will grow up to be big and strong
I just finished trimming my Super Silver Haze. The one in the pic with all the colas that are bending over everywhere. She finished up at just pover 2 lbs. 913 grams. I'm pleased! I have two (Apollo 13) drying now that will be trimmed the end of this week. 1.5 days/lady.
Wowza! Certainly adding to your collection aren't you Bode?! 1.5 days to trim by yourself? I guess that's not bad, be sure to take breaks!
Your other seven ladies look great. Although one is a little light colored.
Yes I do have a couple that before transplant showed some less than perfect coloring on their bottom leaves (including Alvin)-thats how I knew they had to get moved cause they were starting to get hungry. Since the transplant however, all coloring seems to be coming back to normal.
Is that an illusion of the light? Also, there seems to be two different lighting schemes in there. One seems like there's a filter in front of the lens, distorting the two lower end pots (the look more egg-shaped. The other scheme is very clear, color is perfect, no distortion. Just wondering what happened, lol.
What had happened was some were taken from the front and some from the side of the tent. I get an off coloring from the sides of tent shots-always the brightest and clearest shots are from when I am front up center in the tent.
Hope you're in a stress-free zone, and doing well!! Happy Smokin'
I am in a managing stress zone. It is better than a being stressed out zone. I'll take what I can get, Bode.

I got some shots individually of each girl. You can see how well they are adapting post uppot and just how much they love their soil amendments (treats) and their first real vegetative feed of @Prescription Blend.

Of course some group shots are in here, the new fan is coming today so I'll have that set up and the small yellow @VIVOSUN fan moved into my 3 x 3 tonight.

Other than that, nothing to note on these seedlings turned veggers. Hope you enjoyed the pics and that everyone is having a great day!

Highya Krissi,

Thanks, we had a great day. You're right about the green color coming back. Much better. I love how those green leaves (energy factories) keep coming. They're growing right up.
I noticed that Simon has different shaped leaves - not pointy serations. I've seen pics of the Fresian Duck strain. Similar comes to mind. She still wants to grow.
Love the symmetry of the overhead shots! Happy Smokin'

Highya Krissi,
Hii Bode
Thanks, we had a great day.
I am so happy. I love to hear that. Makes me happy knowing others are happy. Same way though when they are sad. I carry much empathy in my green heart.
You're right about the green color coming back. Much better. I love how those green leaves (energy factories) keep coming. They're growing right up.
Too fast I always say. These girls grew up bigger than I was planning on. I feel bad I'm not doing perfectly at this juncture. They could have been fed more the first 11 days, luckily the early transplant transition has seemed to get me back on track. I hate letting the girls down.
I noticed that Simon has different shaped leaves - not pointy serations. I've seen pics of the Fresian Duck strain. Similar comes to mind. She still wants to grow.
Had to look it up but yes! I see the similarities in the two but Simon absolutely has something mutated going on. I knew it when I saw that curly pig tail she had for a stem the first few days. She's moving at a good pace now and the Tulip is going under the new sets.
Love the symmetry of the overhead shots! Happy Smokin'
You know I try to get the all angle views, every pic is just a little different....even though I bombard my grow journals with photos of my green children, especially in this stage.
It's like artwork.

Hi Keith, how's it going over there in your neck of the woods?

I feel like all of this is a form of art. The care, the grow areas, the gardening, the defoliation, the trimming, the science behind it, the colors, the photography, and the stories these grows tell about us. It's all very special.

So today is Days 15/16 ABOVE GROUND

I have went ahead and taken one indivual shot of each seedling turned vegetative lady belle. We have a focus today on Theodore, our Blueberry Autoflower.

She is from i49seeds (unsponsored bank :confused: just really happen to like them-my Gigi, G, Sophia, Jasmine, Bubs and more all came from there. Autos/photos all different strains. All bangers and not the carbohydrate kind)

Her predecessor was Jasmine and she was a fat and beautiful auto grow; she stayed in a 3gl pot the entire time and was split "lighted" in her grow, starting under one of my 1st LED lights, an @VIVOSUN 150W and finishing undet the @Mars Hydro FC4800.

She yielded 4.25 OZ and had the coloring of a plum colored oil spill. Remarkable nugs and some of the best day time smoke (especially for an Indica) you will ever have. Just an energetic yet relaxed, happy high.

Under the @Cultiuana CT-720 to start and finishing under the @Mars Hydro SP3000, I expect epic things from her, comparatively speaking, beyond her sister grow, preceding this run.

....Theodore among others, was one of the ones who showed me signs of hunger before transplant. In fact. When I transplanted her, she was all leaves facing down and was taking on a shade of yellow that worried me. Yet another reason for the SOS transplant.

I know, I have a tendency to overexaggerate the extent of the damage to my girls when they are sick but I just do not tolerate them being less than healthy when I know it is my hand thst is feeding them. I always find a way to make it right somehow and I promise to keep providing the same care with these girls and sharing my reactions to their ever-changing responses developmentally.

Alvin is in the process of uptaking those nutes and balancing out her leaf color as we have been discussing over the last two days as well. Aside from that. She is growing as I remember Maestro growing at this point in the Big Bull Grow journal I just completed.

Ironically enough, Simon has the perfect coloring. I could have honestly gotten a better shot of her today now looking back, she has a little glare on her. She is a totally cool specimen of a cannabis plant and how they can mutate. I've learned to love these kinds of plants but more than anything, I love learning from them and taking notes.

The eccentricities of these plants makes us so much better at what we do, provided we take the time to educate ourselves and hone in to each plant specifically.

Speaking of plants, heres some shots from this morning with our brandy new fan. Im digging thr all white look. May have to trade out my little black turbo fan on thr floor....

Have a great day!

I forgot I also wanted to touch on Simon's mutation today.

Her Tulip as was suggested by @Brewsterman, would cause this Big Bull to self top.

And she has.

Seemingly fine with it early on and surely a unique finding for me and one I wanted to share with my friends.

Question now is, shall I top her again?......

Highya Krissi,

Alvin - Did maestro grow long branches/get excessively big? I'm thinking I wouldn't top an indica again. But, if Maestro was too big, you'll want ot top those two "new tops" also. Only you can tell.
I have had the problem of giving nutrients late during the seedling stage. Last two years. But, the harvest has been good. I'll try to do better next year, lol! Happy Smokin'

Highya Krissi,

Alvin - Did maestro grow long branches/get excessively big?
She was short and stout but got wide. I think if I topped her again, she wouldn't fit in the tent. That goes for vegging with all 8 in there or flowering with just 5. Maestro was short but stout. Idk though, Maestro topped was only 8 mains so maybe...they were 8 fat mains though so maybe not....we shall see what happens and how fast and what I will be able to accommodate
I'm thinking I wouldn't top an indica again. But, if Maestro was too big, you'll want ot top those two "new tops" also. Only you can tell.
Insert a clock and the doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo sound effect when someone in a movie or on TV watches thr second hand go by ever so slowly
I have had the problem of giving nutrients late during the seedling stage. Last two years. But, the harvest has been good. I'll try to do better next year, lol! Happy Smokin'
You know, I know better but I figured it's always better to have to give more since I can never take what I gave away. Kind of like it's better to under than over water....I feel comfortable with them at this juncture in the vegetative stage and I hope it will stay that way.

All 3 girls are moving well now under the @Cultiuana CT-720 sun. I'm anxious to see what transpires in terms of their growth and development over these next few weeks as that will help me determine how to approach controlling the size and shapes of the others in the tent.

I got some individual shots of each girl and of course, a bunch of a the rest of their plant sisters.

I am more than happy with both the Big Bull photoperiod girls as well as our Blueberry Autoflower.

Hope everyone is kicking it Friday style. Whatever that means. For me, it's trying to find Zen cooking....going to top this with fresh made Hollandaise and some chopped bacon come dinner time.

20221021_170933.jpg

Cooking to soothe the core and taking pics of these plants takes care of my body in so many ways

And now onto the vegetative ladies at DAYS 16/17:

Hello Mia famiglia!

Today is Day 9/10 for our little girls

Tomorrow they will be happy with another feed as today they just got a good top spritz. One good one around the base of the stem and a good couple of whirls around the outsides of the pot-making sure they continue to stretch those roots out!

I decided this morning that we get bored with the same updates. My thought was to nominate a plant each day for a special showcase.

I began this today in my @Cultiuana CT-720 Winter Grow journal and will continue it here.

Today's beauty of choice is our little
SIMON, a KANNABIA BIG BULL via @CannaPot who is 9 DAYS ABOVE GROUND.

I was wondering about her next sets and how they would develop and I see them! Both coming out on one side of the Tulip!

I mean, could we get any cuter and fuzzier than this sweet lovely? I don't think so....

Have a wonderful rest of your grow day!

CT-720 .jpg

I'll be setting up the new @Cultiuana CT-720 this evening for these 3 and their 5 photoperiod friends! :cheer:
Krissi wow never ever seen anything like that before she's a weird little booger but cute as hell can't wait to see the turnout....

Highya Krissi,

They're all so cute with the new growth coming in everywhere! Even Simon is showing another set. A very nice group you have. Will be fun watching them grow up. Happy Smokin'

02251bf40b0c9c58dcc4b301e22da4bb.jpg

Krissi wow never ever seen anything like that before she's a weird little booger but cute as hell can't wait to see the turnout....
She is so weird! But so adorable Mark and she really is starting to come into her own! Nice to see you over on one of my threads, I know work and your girls keep you super busy! If you are working today, hope it goes smoothly and those new employees are on the ball!
Highya Krissi,

They're all so cute with the new growth coming in everywhere! Even Simon is showing another set. A very nice group you have. Will be fun watching them grow up. Happy Smokin'
This is one of my favorite times of a grow. So much going on and these little gems of plants just transform so quickly into full vegetative ladies that it blows my mind every single grow. I hope that I live up to my own expectations of giving you a show. I never like to disappoint Bode, hope you're having a great day!
Ok WYA? It’s officially Sunday and another day without your comedic narrative, what gives? CL🍀
4a942b5af54f83c41d7923bf37376c37.jpg

Clover does, Clover does!!!

OK your little ray of sarcastic sunshine is back with some updates. Sorry for the delay and lack of humorous commentary.

Want some science humor?

1. A Photon checks into a hotel and is asked if he needed any help with his bags.

He said no, I'm traveling light.

2. Never trust an atom, they make up everything

3. I hate when people tell me 'K' when I am so not in the mood to talk about Potassium

Moving onto DAYS 18/19 with the Big Bull photoperiods and Blueberry Autoflower.

I will be feeding them again for the 2nd time either late tonight or early in the morning. Remember, my girls are on 24-0 until veg so timing on feeds doesn't really have any relevance at this juncture be it a morning or night feed.

I did go ahead and bump them up to 300-315 PPFD only to drop them back down to 285-300. Up until day before yesterday, girls were moderately at 185 PPFD. With the new light, I'm treading with caution and making sure not to overwhelm the girls. I saw a slight tip down from my Gorilla Glue Super Lemon Haze, Spicoli, in the other @Cultiuana journal in the afternoon yesterday and decided to give them a full couple of days with a 100 increase before amping them up some more.

Since this light has set dimmer percentages of 40, 60, 80 and 100%, I can't just play with the dimmer to adjust. I did move them to 60% from 40% but had to then play with the light distance from the canopy for a while; sitting now at just about 36 inches.

I'll re-address the light intensity tomorrow after they get fed. This may help them to drink a little quicker as well since we will be feeding them their 2nd feed a full 7 days from their 1st feed, upon initial tranplant last Monday.

Alvin is really quite large for a photoperiod at this juncture. I assumed Theodore, our auto, would have her beat by now but the force is strong in this Big Bull. Her sister, Simon, is doing well with her mutated self, too! Reminds me a lot of my monster crop, AMMY JR, from last winter's grow.

I grabbed some individual shots of good ol little Simon today so you could see how she is progressing and I have a side by side with her and Alvin so you can clearly see the differences between the two Kannabia Big Bull girls via @CannaPot.

Hope everyone has a stellar day and enjoy today's reel of photos-tried to make up for missing yesterday!

You must have posted this as I was posting my update for today! I'm sorry I missed it in my previous post.......
My baby plant!!! Omg she has gotten so big! I love her coloring, you're doing such a great job with this grow my buddy!! I'm beyond happy for you and still so honored I have a little Krissi growing in your home. Makes me smile ear to ear!! :green_heart: thank you so much for sharing her with me and the rest of the community! Flip day happened, yes?

They all look good and healthy
Hi Keith,
Thanks bud, what I'm going for, for sure. Always a fun challenge having so many strains at one time with their needs all being different but I enjoy that. Excited to see what they do with another good feed in them now that they're going to start really bulking up :passitleft:

You must have posted this as I was posting my update for today! I'm sorry I missed it in my previous post.......
My baby plant!!! Omg she has gotten so big! I love her coloring, you're doing such a great job with this grow my buddy!! I'm beyond happy for you and still so honored I have a little Krissi growing in your home. Makes me smile ear to ear!! :green_heart: thank you so much for sharing her with me and the rest of the community! Flip day happened, yes?
I love how such nice people are on here you're a nice woman maybe that's why all your plants are so full of love. They're only in one week of flower. You are the first Sour Diesel gorilla glue number 4 mix

super good looking grow.

are you in the final pot and how large are they ? they might get a bit cramped, a soil(ish) grow in less than a 5gal pot usually looks for an early flip in photos. i used to do 3 gal in photos on 12 / 12 from seed so they flipped fast and stayed small. trade off is a quicker turn around to the next grow. it was a common thing once.

you can run the autos as photos if you have to flip early. conversely you can wait til the autos trigger and just go to 12/12 for the photos.

I love how such nice people are on here you're a nice woman maybe that's why all your plants are so full of love. They're only in one week of flower. You are the first Sour Diesel gorilla glue number 4 mix
She sounds delicious, going to be a super strain with those parents. And thank you, I know it seems cheesy but I do think the amount of love you put in makes a big difference in the amount of love they give back
super good looking grow.
Hey Bluter, thanks buddy!
are you in the final pot and how large are they ?
They are not in their final pots. They will go up to 5gl around 30 days.
they might get a bit cramped, a soil(ish) grow in less than a 5gal pot usually looks for an early flip in photos. i used to do 3 gal in photos on 12 / 12 from seed so they flipped fast and stayed small.
I usually run my autos only in 3 gl but in my Super Silver Crack photoperiod and Deelite Autoflower journal i have running now, I had to move my auto to a 5gl because she had outgrew the 3gl. 1st time I've had to do that and I am happy with her, big auto. May just go ahead and put this Blueberry in a 5gl, too.
trade off is a quicker turn around to the next grow. it was a common thing once.
And then there's me, I never want the grow to end...until I itch for more babies
you can run the autos as photos if you have to flip early. conversely you can wait til the autos trigger and just go to 12/12 for the photos.
In that SSC journal and in my last 2 journals prior, I've always ran the girls 24-0 and then when the photos flipped, so did the auto. I tried in the past to let the auto make it halfway through flower before flipping to 12 but these plants have just been taking off and space has been a primary concern, for sure.

Even with these 3, I'm concerned slightly about size....all in 5gl

May take the auto longer to finish when on the 12 but other than that, I haven't seen any issues. These 3 (Big Bull x 2 and Blueberry) will not stay in this tent come flower. Once the Super Silver Crack girls are done, these plants will move into the 3 x 3 tent and replace them. My goal is to do that around early flower as the SSC photos and Deelite auto still have close to 8 and 6 weeks, respectively, to go.

Back
Top Bottom