TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

I hope I'm right but I definitely don't think it's thrips how I noticed having thrips was the leaves looked kind of like a snot stain or slug trail with tiny tiny black dots then I seen the little buggers I treated with Cana cure I think it worked pretty well I've never used neem oil so I can't really say much. I'm going to embarrass my self here but I'll say it! lol I've figured out why the two plants Hermd on me feel totally stupid but during the time the temps got to high I added another fan but to add the fan I needed another extension lead and for the life in me can't believe I didn't even notice the power indicator on the lead ive read all about covering indicators up so I not to maybe it was the panic of the heat I dunno?!?. oh well it's all experience lol here's another new thing I've learned on this grow too I have a polyploid just chopped today
420-magazine-mobile111250860.jpg
420-magazine-mobile188267703.jpg
420-magazine-mobile806311433.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1173920103.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1068037279.jpg
and also hollow stem that's also a first I've ever seen lol

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

I remember reading hollow stems are a deficiency of some sort I think.

Hey PW I threw two pots out on the deck for a week at the start of the summer and I have been fighting thrips, and root aphids at the same time. Finally getting a handle on it. What a disaster.

I remember reading hollow stems are a deficiency of some sort I think.

Yeah I've read a few things on hollow stems mixed reviews but most lead to say it's more of a strain thing the buds are nice and big so I'm thinking it's a good thing .

I hope I'm right but I definitely don't think it's thrips how I noticed having thrips was the leaves looked kind of like a snot stain or slug trail with tiny tiny black dots then I seen the little buggers I treated with Cana cure I think it worked pretty well I've never used neem oil so I can't really say much. I'm going to embarrass my self here but I'll say it! lol I've figured out why the two plants Hermd on me feel totally stupid but during the time the temps got to high I added another fan but to add the fan I needed another extension lead and for the life in me can't believe I didn't even notice the power indicator on the lead ive read all about covering indicators up so I not to maybe it was the panic of the heat I dunno?!?. oh well it's all experience lol here's another new thing I've learned on this grow too I have a polyploid just chopped today
420-magazine-mobile111250860.jpg
420-magazine-mobile188267703.jpg
420-magazine-mobile806311433.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1173920103.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1068037279.jpg
and also hollow stem that's also a first I've ever seen lol

Me neither, more I see them I'm convinced they're not thrips too, the body shape doesn't quite fit to be them. Yeah I have absolutely none of that damage either, my leaves are all looking fine, I can't find any damage on them. I haven't been able to find a single trace of these little white thugs on the plant, they defintley seem to only be interested in staying in the coco. Got my fingers crossed they're eating decaying plant matter and bacteria and not my lovely roots. My plants seem happy, they're growing so quickly as well. I feel like the buds are developing quicker this time for some reason, I'm already noticing loads of frost coming. Fingers crossed these are just some beneficial bugs, we'll see with a little time. My insecticideal soap came today, going to mix some up with the neem oil in the morning before lights off and spray around the top layer of coco and the sides of fabric pots and the bottom of the stem. Glad the canna worked for you, hope the neem just keeps their population at bay and I can make it to harvest with out to many problems.

Ahh man, I done the exact same thing on my first grow with the incredible bulk lol. Just slightly different tho, I added the tower fan to the other corner of the tent and completely forgot about the blue lights on top when you turn it on, took me like a week to realise pal, I got lucky it didn't give me any hermies. It's easily done pal, simple things are always the easiest to over look, I haven't made that mistake again with any lights on appliances lol. You won't either ;). All part of the learning curve my friend. Wow that plant stem looks crazy lol, buds look awesome tho so it doesn't look like it affected anything at all, nice harvest! What's a polypoid pal, not heard of that? I'll have to have a google. Sounds interesting.

Hey PW I threw two pots out on the deck for a week at the start of the summer and I have been fighting thrips, and root aphids at the same time. Finally getting a handle on it. What a disaster.

Little sob's aint no joke, best to do preventative spraying. I've learned my lesson.

Little sob's aint no joke, best to do preventative spraying. I've learned my lesson.
Whats your process of preventing an infestation of bugs pal?

From what stage of growth and how regularly? I know you're growing in hydro but would you spray the top layer of coco and sides of pots at the same time as spraying the leaves? Or would you use neem as a soil drench?

I just spray the leaves, but a little runoff makes it into the bucket so the plants do take up some neem through their roots.

Don't hold me to this but early buds in my experience means some nice big colas I'm not sure why but when I get flowers showing early I've ended up with bigger buds maybe it's something to do with the head start allowing them to grow more till finish??? Can't wait to see your flowers in fill bloom think I might have to learn a few things from your growing style always looks bang on .

Update time - 26/09/17 - Day 16 flowering.

Girls are looking fantastic, looking really happy and growing like weeds. Really happy with how the canopy is looking, seeing loads of bud sites can't wait to see these start to fill in. This is going to be an epic jungle of buds by the looks of things.

I mixed up a new batch of nutrients on Monday for the start of week 3 of flowering.

Starting with 85litres R/O water - 0 PPM

Bio Green X Force Silica - 12.75ml
Plant Magic Magne/Cal - 45ml 0.3 EC
Growth Technology Ionic Coco Bloom - 750ml 1.6 EC
Buddha's Tree Flower Burst - 0.25ml litre 1.7EC
Advanced Nutrients Sensizym - 2ml litre

Final PH 5.8 EC 1.7

I took out 20 litres of water from the reservoir for the usual Monday night top feeding of bennies. I mixed in 4 scoops of Great White Mycorrhizae, 2ml litre Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice and top fed all plants 2 litres each.

My organic neem oil turned up yesterday I'm just waiting on the gentle insecticideal soap to mix it with then I'm going to treat the plants with it, hopefully it will piss off the few bugs I do have lurking about. I'm thinking they must have come in the coco because I can't spot them in every pot and I've had a really good look at all the pots when looking for them, I've been slightly obbsessed with thinking about eradicating them since I first spotted one lol.

The original clones are looking good and nearly all of them are showing roots now, only a couple to go. It took them a little while but they got there in the end, pretty chuffed with that. I'm sure I'll get better with practice. The aero clones are also starting to show where some roots are going to start forming now, seeing lots of little white root nubs on some of the stems now.

I got some photos for you all to look at.

Flowering tent first.

420-magazine-mobile165003432.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1309051384.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1952607162.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1721783930.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1574653457.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1625445956.jpg
420-magazine-mobile267577374.jpg
420-magazine-mobile139372882.jpg
420-magazine-mobile93935623.jpg
420-magazine-mobile132179880.jpg
420-magazine-mobile894845078.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1794144860.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1528754229.jpg
420-magazine-mobile543885467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2097422190.jpg

Clone tent.

420-magazine-mobile1602833296.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1256480361.jpg
420-magazine-mobile839601043.jpg
420-magazine-mobile222906707.jpg

TK
My canopy will never be as level as yours. That's amazing !!

Still got them as unidentified atmo lol and unwelcomed too, not seeing enough resemblance to thrips yet. I'm keeping an awfully close eye on them though that's for sure. What ever they're hopefully there going to give up and die with ease .
have you magnifyed them yet? Grab one from the sticky trap ?

Yes, I just read exactly what you described pal. They sound like an absolute nightmare. Don't even know it's bugs till it's to late. Yep, absolutely tiny no chance of spotting them, it also said they hide in tiny crevices and leave no sign of bites on leaves so make it even harder to spot them. Makes you wonder how these bugs seem to be able to find and locate themselves inside our grow tents with our babies. They're not bloody welcome!!
Mine came from me being a stupid ass and trimming and drying outside plants in my house. A very valuable lesson !! Never again !!

Azamax and done sp recommended that for the worst of the worst but worked perfectly for my fungus gnat issue.

Tk!! Man i always love seeing that 4x8 filled with a perfect canopy. Gorgeous man i just want to take a nap on it! Would smell so good as i fall asleep

Don't hold me to this but early buds in my experience means some nice big colas I'm not sure why but when I get flowers showing early I've ended up with bigger buds maybe it's something to do with the head start allowing them to grow more till finish??? Can't wait to see your flowers in fill bloom think I might have to learn a few things from your growing style always looks bang on .

Haha, I wish I could hold you to that lol. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some of that. Hoping for some big colas for sure. Yeah could well be the head start, so much to figure out about these girls. Man I can't wait to see them get to full bloom either, this is by far the best scrog I've done, the tent is packed out, pretty bloody level across the whole thing too. Ahh thanks pal, appreciate it, I'm getting better that's for sure. Just hope these pesky little bugs, what ever they're are just eating decaying plant matter lol.

My canopy will never be as level as yours. That's amazing !!
Haha, thanks puffer. I'm certainly getting better and this is by far the best canopy I've had, so level this time and it's rammed out with bud sites from left to right lol.

have you magnifyed them yet? Grab one from the sticky trap ?
Haven't caught anything in the sickys pal, none undernearh and none from on top. I have had them under the scope and there is some photos back through my journal pal, zoomed in as close as I could.

Back
Top Bottom