TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

All clean in here now! .
420-magazine-mobile419783860.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1206103166.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1065057635.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1016030870.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1328643086.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2062462064.jpg

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

I've been looking over the leaves on the plants for about 30 minutes and can't find any damage to them yet. I've also checked out a video of what thrips look like, I dont think these are thrips as I can find no trace of them on leaves or stems and they don't like to really come out above the coco they prefer being hidden. Thrips seem to have a slightly longer body than these also. I mean I'm no expert and could be wrong. These don't have any sign of wings and just seem to run about really fast crawling around the top layer of coco and prefer to stay hidden under the coco.

I think I'm even over judging the size of these when I say 1mm or a grain of salt, there smaller than 1mm, there so bloody small you can barely see them. Some of them are so tiny it's ridiculous they look like the point of a small sewing needle.

I found this photo online, this is what they look like but there is no name to go with them.

420-magazine-mobile758567584.jpg

Can I use neem oil as I am in flower? I'm hoping so as it's organic as mentioned above? Or is there anything else that I can add as a top feed which will not damage the plants but will wipe out or slow down what ever these little bastards are. I have put yellow sticky traps through out the tent to see if anything turns up in them over night.

I've been looking over the leaves on the plants for about 30 minutes and can't find any damage to them yet. I've also checked out a video of what thrips look like, I dont think these are thrips as I can find no trace of them on leaves or stems and they don't like to really come out above the coco they prefer being hidden. Thrips seem to have a slightly longer body than these also. I mean I'm no expert and could be wrong. These don't have any sign of wings and just seem to run about really fast crawling around the top layer of coco and prefer to stay hidden under the coco.

I think I'm even over judging the size of these when I say 1mm or a grain of salt, there smaller than 1mm, there so bloody small you can barely see them. Some of them are so tiny it's ridiculous they look like the point of a small sewing needle.

I found this photo online, this is what they look like but there is no name to go with them.

420-magazine-mobile758567584.jpg

Can I use neem oil as I am in flower? I'm hoping so as it's organic as mentioned above? Or is there anything else that I can add as a top feed which will not damage the plants but will wipe out or slow down what ever these little bastards are. I have put yellow sticky traps through out the tent to see if anything turns up in them over night.

Yeah whatever it is I'm sure the neem oil will work it's for a lot of insects. You can still use it during flower just be careful not to add too much soap to the mix as it can burn the plant. I've heard people mention using hydrogen peroxide at 3%. I've never used it before so I can't comment on it but I guess you just add some to your water and water as usual. It is supposed to kill everything right then and there so that might be a better option for you.

Yeah whatever it is I'm sure the neem oil will work it's for a lot of insects. You can still use it during flower just be careful not to add too much soap to the mix as it can burn the plant. I've heard people mention using hydrogen peroxide at 3%. I've never used it before so I can't comment on it but I guess you just add some to your water and water as usual. It is supposed to kill everything right then and there so that might be a better option for you.
Thanks for the input pal. Hydrogen peroxide sounds like it would be good at killing them but I have a feeling that will be good by to all the beneficial bacteria I have been adding to my plants so I need to be careful with what I use. I just want to know what these little bastards are and if they are causing damage and how to get rid of them? I'm hoping there is something out there which I can use as a top feed but its no crazy poison etc. I mean I haven't even seen anything flying around in my tent, I'm wondering if these are possible to have come in one of the bags of coco?

I would use neem myself
I'm going to have a look online and order some. This sounds like a stupid question but is it just neem oil, or is there a specific Neen oil which is for use with plants? Sorry for stupid question PW but need to make sure I get the correct stuff

IF they are thrips then they won't start flying till they're adults according to my bible. But whatever it is I think the neem will take care or them. They could be babies still and just came along. Perhaps that's y they haven't done any damage yet. All speculation. Just want to see the damn things gone. Anytime I see someone talk about any sort of critters on thier plants it's like a punch in the gut. Almost feels like the person's plants are my plants and I just want them to die n leave the plants alone

IF they are thrips then they won't start flying till they're adults according to my bible. But whatever it is I think the neem will take care or them. They could be babies still and just came along. Perhaps that's y they haven't done any damage yet. All speculation. Just want to see the damn things gone. Anytime I see someone talk about any sort of critters on thier plants it's like a punch in the gut. Almost feels like the person's plants are my plants and I just want them to die n leave the plants alone

Really hoping they're not thrips lol, they don't quite look the same, I think these could be far to small also but I couldn't be certain as I'm no expert, all I can do is compare what thrips looked like and what one of these little feckers looked like under my 60/120x zoom scope. I managed to stick one to a piece of tape but they're just so bloody small it's crazy. Yeah well hoping I've caught it early and if I get this neem oil ordered it will be delivered beginning of next week and I can start using it as a treatment. Man tell me about it, me too. I always keep everything so clean and I really am ocd about it all so I was really horrified to spot them pal. Exactly how I feel when I see other people on here with problems pal, it's such a kick in the balls. I'm really hoping these won't be causing to much damage to my roots, that's what I'm worried about as that's where they stay located.

Just google neem oil, i got mine for amazon
Amazon is where I was going to look for speedy delivery lol. Thanks PW

What about pyrethrum? Just read online it's a 100% natural insecticide and can be used with neem oil for a bug busting combo? Just need to be careful of my bennies and that I don't hurt my flowering plants. I was hoping to never have to deal with any form of bugs in my garden, haha!

Since you haven't noticed any damage yet, I think you should be okay as long as you try to get ur hands on the need sooner then later.
Going to order it from amazon pal, they do quick delivery lol. Fingers crossed I'll be OK as everything was cruising so smoothly lol, it's typical!

Going to order it from amazon pal, they do quick delivery lol. Fingers crossed I'll be OK as everything was cruising so smoothly lol, it's typical!
Minor hurdle in the journey. Ladies will be fine.

At this stage, can you still get to the under side of the back row of plants ? I've never tried a scrog, because I'm just to lazy. I bet that's a pain in the ass when you're moving sites from hole to hole, as they veg. ? Now tell me it's not as tough as it looks !! You got them looking top shelf TK !!

If you use h202 to kill the critters, then It'll also kill the good bacteria in the medium. So, you'd flood the pots with the h202, then immediately feed with your regular nutes. if they're not on the leaves and stems, then don't spray anything on the plants. I used Azamax once as a root drench, and it did stunt growth & neem oil is main ingredient in Azamax. I wish you could get at the top of the pots, so you could spray the top of the coco, instead of drenching. You got one of those little garden sprayers, with the wand type sprayer ? The other thing, be careful with those sticky traps, as some of them will can give off fumes, that can damage plants. I'm using garlic, and I haven't seen no critters for awhile now. Knock on wood !!

If you use h202 to kill the critters, then It'll also kill the good bacteria in the medium. So, you'd flood the pots with the h202, then immediately feed with your regular nutes. if they're not on the leaves and stems, then don't spray anything on the plants. I used Azamax once as a root drench, and it did stunt growth & neem oil is main ingredient in Azamax. I wish you could get at the top of the pots, so you could spray the top of the coco, instead of drenching. You got one of those little garden sprayers, with the wand type sprayer ? The other thing, be careful with those sticky traps, as some of them will can give off fumes, that can damage plants. I'm using garlic, and I haven't seen no critters for awhile now. Knock on wood !!
How are you using the garlic? That's a nice cheap preventative measure I wouldn't mind implementing to ward off future unwanted critters who may want to venture into my tent

How are you using the garlic? That's a nice cheap preventative measure I wouldn't mind implementing to ward off future unwanted critters who may want to venture into my tent
I crush 4-6 cloves of garlic, with a couple small pieces of the hotest peppers available, Usually habanero, but any hot pepper will work. Mix in gal of water and bring to boil for 2 minutes. Let cool and strain to get rid of chunks, I use a paper coffee filter. . I put one qt. of it in each 5 gal. pot, every two weeks, as a preventive. Don't cost me nothing as garlic & peppers come from garden. It's also used as a foliar spray on my garden veggies. Put a little on the tip on your tongue and right away, you'll understand why bugs hate it.:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom