Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Wow! All that stuff you weren't thinking you needed new. Damn Tead. :hug::hug::hug:

Dirty rotten mother fuckers! All my damn tools.

IMAG6779.jpg

I'd spew a stream of expletives, but I've done plenty of that already with no results.

If expletives aren't enough - you might proceed to actual curses.

Sady, they are better at getting revenge than at getting your stuff back.

Wow! All that stuff you weren't thinking you needed new. Damn Tead. :hug::hug::hug:

Estate sales and Auctions are your friend. I saw one in Diamondhead, MS with tools this weekend at estatesales<dot>net. But no great tool auctions nearby. Your local paper usually has the best auctioncand estate sale listings.

Oh man, I'm sorry. I live in a place where I don't normally think of theft being an issue, but in the last year I had two incidents in which a whole bunch of my stuff was stolen. Including my two favorite beloved/expensive possessions. I got the first important one back (small place and I kicked up a fuss). The other major stolen possession hasn't shown up and has affected my life a lot by its absence. And I lost a whole lot of less important stuff like money and such. The worst part by far is the damage to my perception of my tiny little world. I'm still working on that fight cause I don't want to change my reality and become paranoid all the time and stop trusting people. These incidents didn't happen at my home and I still have never locked my house ever and actually don't even have a lock on the front door, but it still sure changes things. I'm sure it's the same for you even if you live in a totally different place. It sucks having your space invaded. What a f'n drag.

THIEVES!!! Lowest form of life. Main reason i nearly stopped growing outdoors. They make me sick.

Damn Tead man, I am sorry to hear that. That's garbage. I don't even know what to say.

Wow! All that stuff you weren't thinking you needed new. Damn Tead.

Smh thats messed up

Thanks for the luv y'all. It does suck, no doubt.
One can engage one's insurance, but the deductible barely makes it worth it. Add to that the risk of raising one's premiums... it all equals one big "screw-you".

There is at least one silver lining. It's always handy to update tools. Plus, shopping for tools is straight up Toys-R-Us action for me.

That truly sucks. You even had the long screws in the strike plate. That alone usually slows down the turds, not enough it seems. Grrrrr.

Locally we see a lot of steel bar security doors. I had one on that entry. They just used a pry bar on it. Oddly, I have an extra security door hanging out in my back yard. It'll have a new home soon enough. Really, I just need to get that job knocked out and get humans in there.

Estate sales and Auctions are your friend. I saw one in Diamondhead, MS with tools this weekend at estatesales<dot>net. But no great tool auctions nearby. Your local paper usually has the best auctioncand estate sale listings.

Diamondhead isn't too far a trek actually, might be worth the stop.

Not too far at all. Plus, they have a Dairy Queen and I can get a Blizzard.
Mobile has a huge one as well. They also have a Dreamland BBQ, so this trip could round out quite nicely.
Yup... even when the subject is theft, it's still all about the food.

Oh man, I'm sorry. I live in a place where I don't normally think of theft being an issue, but in the last year I had two incidents in which a whole bunch of my stuff was stolen. Including my two favorite beloved/expensive possessions. I got the first important one back (small place and I kicked up a fuss). The other major stolen possession hasn't shown up and has affected my life a lot by its absence. And I lost a whole lot of less important stuff like money and such. The worst part by far is the damage to my perception of my tiny little world. I'm still working on that fight cause I don't want to change my reality and become paranoid all the time and stop trusting people. These incidents didn't happen at my home and I still have never locked my house ever and actually don't even have a lock on the front door, but it still sure changes things. I'm sure it's the same for you even if you live in a totally different place. It sucks having your space invaded. What a f'n drag.

It colors one's world with a background of evil. It's a real drag. Plays out in the rest of one's world in crazy ways. Painting over that background with other memories takes time. Sux.

We live in such different worlds. Fun. I wish. Don't even have a damn lock on your door.
Someday.

Sucks bigtime, man. I don't lock my door either, but my 3ife's relative downstairs got burglared like 7 times in 2 years, so we have CCTV and movement triggered light at the front and the back. I hope insurance will cover it.

Plus, shopping for tools is straight up Toys-R-Us action for me.

Ya know... there was no Toys-R-Us joy. It sucked. Every tool I picked up and put in my cart just bummed me a touch more. Then, putting everything together sucked more.
Well, at least they're shiny and new.

I was considering the flea market/pawn shop/whatever options, but most of the expensive stuff I needed was power tools and purchasing 2nd hand power tools is usually a bad idea... especially in today's battery powered throw-away world.
Upgraded my Skillsaw.... got one with a laser. Whooo hooo!

Ya know... there was no Toys-R-Us joy. It sucked. Every tool I picked up and put in my cart just bummed me a touch more. Then, putting everything together sucked more.
Well, at least they're shiny and new.

I was considering the flea market/pawn shop/whatever options, but most of the expensive stuff I needed was power tools and purchasing 2nd hand power tools is usually a bad idea... especially in today's battery powered throw-away world.
Upgraded my Skillsaw.... got one with a laser. Whooo hooo!

I don't buy the $2 Skillsaw but I had good luck with the $2 drill and $4 sawzall.
I saw a 1.5 HP 5-gallon air compressor go for $8 last saturday. The 20' hose was worth more than that, but I already have a 20' air hose.

It's always hit or miss at an auction. The last laser guided chop saw I saw went for $85, but the only visible wear was the saw blade itself. The one a month ago went for $135 and wasn't as clean.

I hate thieves. I'm been in alot of trouble in my life,,, been to 3 states prisons and every county jail in damn near every county I ever lived in,, But I've never done a crime against a person. Padded insurance bills,,, DUI's, posession charges, cultivation charges. But never a crime against anyone. But thieves are the worst. Is your grow compromised? 80% of the time it's someone you know... Meth heads? Coke fiends? If they are power tools, you'll find them at a local pawn shop sold for a dime of dope.. And if you can find them at a pawn shop,, you'll be able to get them back. But if you had your grows going??? Thats a bad thing... If I ever caught someone in my crib,, I guess I'd be back for the 4th state prison.... Hope the best for ya.... Keepem Green

I hate thieves. I'm been in alot of trouble in my life,,, been to 3 states prisons and every county jail in damn near every county I ever lived in,, But I've never done a crime against a person. Padded insurance bills,,, DUI's, posession charges, cultivation charges. But never a crime against anyone. But thieves are the worst. Is your grow compromised? 80% of the time it's someone you know... Meth heads? Coke fiends? If they are power tools, you'll find them at a local pawn shop sold for a dime of dope.. And if you can find them at a pawn shop,, you'll be able to get them back. But if you had your grows going??? Thats a bad thing... If I ever caught someone in my crib,, I guess I'd be back for the 4th state prison.... Hope the best for ya.... Keepem Green

Lemme just dump this thought out before I forget it... the next time PDX rolls back into my world, I may have to stop it's rotation for a moment and find a dark dive bar to share some drinks and stories with you. Ever hit a foreign jail? Got 2 under my belt. Not so much the locals, but apparently I can't behave myself after crossing the border. I don't generally toss those facts around... but a darkened bar can stretch one's tongue.

Fortunately, the theft occurred at a property I was actively working at.... not my own home. My wife and I collect properties, fix them up, and rent them out. Still a drag, but at least I didn't have that 'personal intrusion' feelings that often accompany such events.
Most of the local characters are just drunks. We had a crackhead in the neighborhood that robbed us the day after we moved in, but he was spinning hard and somehow disappeared as many of them do.
Man... I want to be a fan of all drugs, but that Opioid addiction issue seems just hellish and nightmarish. So many folks so horribly scarred by it. So happy I've avoided that dance. I have a fairly addictive personality anyway... so I'm pretty sure one little sample might form the beginning of a very tough journey.

Tead's got some miles on his tires and knows the dance well. Checking the pawn shops. Gonna visit the local flea market and see what I can find that looks familiar. Sure not holding my breath... but it would be nice since pawn shops always have cameras going these days. If that fuck-nugget brings my gear to a pawn shop, I'll sure be ringing up the detective in a heartbeat. At this point, the money is gone... I just want revenge.

Back
Top Bottom