Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

You know what, UD has been a staple of my evening toking for almost two years, so I get it :laughtwo: General trait of this strain is creeping high... sometimes I keep smoking a joint and only after 10-15 minutes I say "wow that's almost too much" when I feel my head spinning and I have to get a glass of water for the cotton mouth.

Now if you want bigger buds, there are phenos that plump up rather nicely, but you're gonna have to run some more seeds to find the right one. I am usually satisfied with yield, but F2 generation really needs to be selected for the right lady, cause Chemdawg side pops up here and there as a Dog pheno as I call it. That pheno has amazing bubblegum smell, but finishes with very small buds and usually late. On the other hand NYCD phenos should produce bigger, denser buds, but will be more medical/relaxing and not as rich in THC as Boom.

Got 2 more seeds going in search of it's various versions. Plenty of ammo to continue the hunt as well. Should be fun... a pheno hunt instead of a strain hunt.
I'm tempted to keep a male and play with genetics, but the return on that game is just so damn long term. I mean, I'd have to find a male I like... and the only way to tell that is to sample the output... so it's really a 2 plant cycle to do any discovery... all the time chewing up precious room in a very small garden. Who knows... we'll see what happens when I get to that branch in the path I travel.
Thanks tons for the info. It's really valuable as I get to know the plant.
The Boom is rockin my world... both betwixt the ears and in the garden. Got a clone of her ready to move into bloom soon and clones of that 2nd one just rooted. I'll sure be reserving Boom a place in the garden for as long as I can keep her running. I'll be curious to see the changes as the temps tick up.

The Boom... yep I think I named this pheno like that when I went into overdrive for the first time :laughtwo: There also 2-3 variations of Aurora Ultra leaning pheno, which I just call OG. Quite easy to spot, lanky very minimal branching and strong spicy/diesel smell. Not my favourite, but maybe you're gonna find it in the hunt.

Got 2 more seeds going in search of it's various versions. Plenty of ammo to continue the hunt as well. Should be fun... a pheno hunt instead of a strain hunt.
I'm tempted to keep a male and play with genetics, but the return on that game is just so damn long term. I mean, I'd have to find a male I like... and the only way to tell that is to sample the output... so it's really a 2 plant cycle to do any discovery... all the time chewing up precious room in a very small garden. Who knows... we'll see what happens when I get to that branch in the path I travel.
Thanks tons for the info. It's really valuable as I get to know the plant.
The Boom is rockin my world... both betwixt the ears and in the garden. Got a clone of her ready to move into bloom soon and clones of that 2nd one just rooted. I'll sure be reserving Boom a place in the garden for as long as I can keep her running. I'll be curious to see the changes as the temps tick up.

Selfing a Boom clone would preserve the boom pheno, right? That seems like a good reward for your time and trouble.

Selfing a Boom clone would preserve the boom pheno, right? That seems like a good reward for your time and trouble.

As I understand it, if you reverse a plant with CS or STS and produce S1 seeds, you will get all the same genetic material but not the specific phenotype guaranteed. For instance my dark devils I'm growing now. They are from S1 seed. DD3/4 are nearly the same as the original down to size, color, days before pistils emerged, days verticle growth, etc. However DD1/2 are a slower and larger pheno.

So while you preserve the genetics, they won't necessarily be expressed in each seed, each time.

As I understand it, if you reverse a plant with CS or STS and produce S1 seeds, you will get all the same genetic material but not the specific phenotype guaranteed. For instance my dark devils I'm growing now. They are from S1 seed. DD3/4 are nearly the same as the original down to size, color, days before pistils emerged, days verticle growth, etc. However DD1/2 are a slower and larger pheno.

So while you preserve the genetics, they won't necessarily be expressed in each seed, each time.

Thanks for that info - I had no idea breeding the mother with her self woulld express different phonetypes with the same genetics. Does breeding the desired phenotype with another sample of the desired phenotype also express the range of phenotypes? (And is this just intellectual curiosity since I'll probably never be a competent breeder? )

Since the only Dark Devil I know is an autoflower, have you have created autoflower seeds that preserve the autoflower capability? Or have you created seeds with autoflower style robust growth without the autoflower genes being expressed. Either way would be a good thing!

The main thing that has held me back from growing autoflowers is the fear that I might like a strain so much that I want to grow it again and again. Without the ability to make useful clones, I assumed I would them have to go back to the seed dealer time after time and put my money on the table for the privelege of growing it again. Not being dependent on dealer availability and price is a big part of why I grow. It sounds like you have solved that puzzle! :bravo:

Since the only Dark Devil I know is an autoflower, have you have created autoflower seeds that preserve the autoflower capability? Or have you created seeds with autoflower style robust growth without the autoflower genes being expressed. Either way would be a good thing!

Not being dependent on dealer availability and price is a big part of why I grow.

Ahhh yes... I see you've stumbled upon the same issue I have with the DD's... no photos, only autos. I'd love to grow them, but hate the idea of being tied to that food chain as well.

even though thou hands and feet slow down, thou brain does not slow one. lol. Happy growing

Thanks for that info - I had no idea breeding the mother with her self woulld express different phonetypes with the same genetics. Does breeding the desired phenotype with another sample of the desired phenotype also express the range of phenotypes? (And is this just intellectual curiosity since I'll probably never be a competent breeder? )

The main thing that has held me back from growing autoflowers is the fear that I might like a strain so much that I want to grow it again and again. Without the ability to make useful clones, I assumed I would them have to go back to the seed dealer time after time and put my money on the table for the privelege of growing it again. Not being dependent on dealer availability and price is a big part of why I grow. It sounds like you have solved that puzzle! :bravo:

I am a novice, and school was a long time ago. But...IIRC, breeding pheno to like pheno is how selective breeding for traits takes place. If successful each following generation, F1, F2, F3, etc will become more predictable expressing the desired traits. However just like in humans, there is always the possibility of one of the offspring being different. Similar to two brunettes having a ginger child. :)

The seeds I created are fully feminised autoflower. The cost was my motivating factor in attempting the effort. I see no reason to throw out $10US or more each time I want to grow an auto. And I do like growing them. ;) Fast from the get go, and holds my attention until half way through bloom. Two runs per tent a season, 85 to 100 days each, and I've got ~5lbs total bud of five or six different strains. :biglaugh: Variety is the spice of life.

Busy feeding morning... hang on.

Flower tent. 5 plants total.
IMAG67601.jpg

UltraDog2. Just starting to show the first signs of red hairs. The center spike is bent over leaving me with a nice flat top.
IMAG6752.jpg
IMAG67571.jpg

2L Osmo Crit+2.0
IMAG6748.jpg
IMAG67461.jpg

Osmo 2L UD1 just moved to bloom
IMAG67431.jpg

P-Chunk just starting to bloom
IMAG6737.jpg

The veg tent. 15 plants total.... I think.
IMAG6731.jpg

2 UltraDog seeds
IMAG6724.jpg

Osmo 2L UD2
IMAG67131.jpg

2 OGKs
IMAG67101.jpg

And a crazy crawfish tray full of clones.
IMAG6703.jpg

Back
Top Bottom