Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

1000001370.jpg
1000001368.jpg
1000001369.jpg

Trimed up the two KA5H this am and put into 7 cobs with a total of 233 gr. after 5 days drying.
Just a couple of observations. I marked the weight of ea cob on the wrappers and they were between 30-38 gr ea. I rewrapped them this morning and weighed them again and most of the cobs have after 40 hr of 128 F lost 10 gr ea. Also prior to cobing I air dried these plants for 4 days and in the past I always had excess moister pooling in the plastic wrap though this time no moisture was present. Other than these observations they look good and and now 2 weeks of reduced heat.

1000001370.jpg
1000001368.jpg
1000001369.jpg

Trimed up the two KA5H this am and put into 7 cobs with a total of 233 gr. after 5 days drying.

A man of few words :)
:thumb:
Looks pro!

Just a couple of observations. I marked the weight of ea cob on the wrappers and they were between 30-38 gr ea. I rewrapped them this morning and weighed them again and most of the cobs have after 40 hr of 128 F lost 10 gr ea. Also prior to cobing I air dried these plants for 4 days and in the past I always had excess moister pooling in the plastic wrap though this time no moisture was present. Other than these observations they look good and and now 2 weeks of reduced heat.
During the 2 weeks what temperature are you running? When you first kickstart the process what temperature are you using and for how long? So much experimenting!!! Happy Monday!! 😎✌️

During the 2 weeks what temperature are you running? When you first kickstart the process what temperature are you using and for how long? So much experimenting!!! Happy Monday!! 😎✌️
I ran it at 128F for 48 hours now and for 2 weeks 78F. I have been wondering about the temp. in that does this heat converts the THC to THCC and in so makes it more available if orally consumed.

I compress and wrap and sweat for 24 hrs at 40 c. - then make sure it's dry then wrap and keep at 30 c for 1 week. I'm a novice and this is only my second season for cobbing.:nervous-guy:Last years attempt seemed to work out!!
I appreciate the heads up buddy!! Happy Tuesday!! 😎✌️

Your a true artist brother your last cobs looked awesome eager to check out this lot once aged.
Hiya Tang!! How's things in your neighborhood buddy? Are you growing/cobbing anything good lately?? Happy Tuesday/Wednesday!! 😎✌️

Hiya Tang!! How's things in your neighborhood buddy? Are you growing/cobbing anything good lately?? Happy Tuesday/Wednesday!! 😎✌️
I never stop brother these were made a week ago the cobs are 2 weeks old out to dry, the candy bar are fresh.
Both are sealed.
The cobs are Colombian Gold / Demon Latcher x Mulanje and smell out of this world.
The Mulanje just plain stink ha ha.
The cobs were sweated no heat naturally in maize husks and are now sealed up until Christmas.

img_3982-web.jpg
img_3983c-web.jpg
img_3983c-web.jpg

OOPS I haven't had my morning coffee yet ha ha.

I never stop brother these were made a week ago the cobs are 2 weeks old out to dry, the candy bar are fresh.
Both are sealed.
The cobs are Colombian Gold / Demon Latcher x Mulanje and smell out of this world.
The Mulanje just plain stink ha ha.
The cobs were sweated no heat naturally in maize husks and are now sealed up until Christmas.

img_3982-web.jpg
img_3983c-web.jpg
img_3983c-web.jpg

OOPS I haven't had my morning coffee yet ha ha.
I should have my first indoor harvests by early December. I'm hoping to cob up a lot of it. I've got 3 girls in a 3x3. Planning on flipping to flower first week of September. Should get interesting soon. Happy Wednesday/Thursday to you Tang!! 😎✌️

@tangwena Question for you buddy in regards to the chop. After cutting them how long do you let them hang/dry before you cob it up? I appreciate everything you've done/doin for this community. That demon latcher sounds great!! Happy Friday!! 😎✌️

@tangwena Question for you buddy in regards to the chop. After cutting them how long do you let them hang/dry before you cob it up? I appreciate everything you've done/doin for this community. That demon latcher sounds great!! Happy Friday!! 😎✌️
Hi brother hows it going?
3 to 5 days these days I tend towards drier but not completely dry.
It takes longer to cure and needs 3 to 6 months aging but has a more terpy flavor.
I have learned a lot from others cobs posted on my thread.
I can tell by their looks when its a good cure and the ones I like are always the drier cures.

Yes that Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher from Sola Lagos is a really euphoric buzz typical of a good Haze so I'm told.
Its a bit mono tone in that its just one type of high but very strong and long lasting, some phenos are more crazy than others as well which I like a lot.
I got about 5 phenos in my grow and haven't tried them all thoroughly yet after about 12 months aging they are all potent and keepers in my book.

Hi brother hows it going?
3 to 5 days these days I tend towards drier but not completely dry.
It takes longer to cure and needs 3 to 6 months aging but has a more terpy flavor.
I have learned a lot from others cobs posted on my thread.
I can tell by their looks when its a good cure and the ones I like are always the drier cures.

Yes that Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher from Sola Lagos is a really euphoric buzz typical of a good Haze so I'm told.
Its a bit mono tone in that its just one type of high but very strong and long lasting, some phenos are more crazy than others as well which I like a lot.
I got about 5 phenos in my grow and haven't tried them all thoroughly yet after about 12 months aging they are all potent and keepers in my book.
Heya man thanks for the heads up on those times!! Appreciate that!!! I hope your weekend is cobtastic!!

Hi all, i‘m following this exciting thread for a couple of weeks now. First of all, please excuse my english, as im not a native speaker. I expect an outdoor harvest of sunset sherbet strain in three weeks. At least three fully grown plants. 🕺
So i thought cobbing would be a good idea, at least to give it a try. Ordered a sushi mat today, stole some really fat corn cobs
from the cornfield. 👀 Also bought dry tamales husks. Have heatmats, seedlingdomes and an incubator for hatching eggs with max temp of 39’Celsius.

My impression, when i looked at all the cobbing pictures - was, sometimes there were used dry corn leaves, sometimes fresh. The point: that must make a difference in sweating. And also if you wrap it more than one time round (like the dry corn leaves at the pictures above.) Maybe i‘ wrong, but they look like the husk skin is wrapped 2 or 3 times around.

Here my questions: if one uses tamales dry husk leaves, do they have to be soaked in warm water for 10 min or so? And then surfacedryed with kitchen paper?

Fresh corn: should the husk leaves be dry or better somewhat moist.

Do you just fill and close the husk end to end (one layer) or is it okay to wrap it around for two or more times?

Best regards from Frankfurt! 🌽
sulmiman

Hi all, i‘m following this exciting thread for a couple of weeks now. First of all, please excuse my english, as im not a native speaker. I expect an outdoor harvest of sunset sherbet strain in three weeks. At least three fully grown plants. 🕺
So i thought cobbing would be a good idea, at least to give it a try. Ordered a sushi mat today, stole some really fat corn cobs
from the cornfield. 👀 Also bought dry tamales husks. Have heatmats, seedlingdomes and an incubator for hatching eggs with max temp of 39’Celsius.

My impression, when i looked at all the cobbing pictures - was, sometimes there were used dry corn leaves, sometimes fresh. The point: that must make a difference in sweating. And also if you wrap it more than one time round (like the dry corn leaves at the pictures above.) Maybe i‘ wrong, but they look like the husk skin is wrapped 2 or 3 times around.

Here my questions: if one uses tamales dry husk leaves, do they have to be soaked in warm water for 10 min or so? And then surfacedryed with kitchen paper?

Fresh corn: should the husk leaves be dry or better somewhat moist.

Do you just fill and close the husk end to end (one layer) or is it okay to wrap it around for two or more times?

Best regards from Frankfurt! 🌽
sulmiman
Glad to see you interested in cob! Some people use corn husks and some people don't use anything at all. They just roll it up and seal it. I think it's just personal preference. Can't wait to see your cobs soon!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom