Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

I’ve been testing new things for the past couple weeks, and I honestly can’t remember the last time I started the day with cob. I made up for that today. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Carnival cob before sunrise. :slide:

I’ve missed the way it feels four hours in. Lol! I’ve been experimenting with what we’re calling Cannabis Dust, simply decarbed and finely-powdered buds, dosed by the 1/8th teaspoon. It’s been hitting very similar to cob, slow but steady climb, and way more euphoric than anyone imagined. I’ve been struck over and over again how dust and cobs reflect different perspectives of the same happy buzz.

The biggest difference is this deep sense that the universe smiles with me that I get with cobs. Dust offers intense euphoria for a tiny amount, but it’s racier than cobs, and I can dose dust more than once a day without compromising the euphoric effect the way it sometimes dies with that second cob chew. Both modalities wear my metabolism down by the end of the day. :laughtwo:

Always searching for a new way to appreciate Cannabis sativa. :battingeyelashes:

Highya SweetSue,

I love experimenting. Your initiative in canna dust is very interesting!! Thank you for sharing!! Cheers

I opened up this white widow cob that was sweated on the 18th. These were not opened after the sweat so have been sealed for a week and on the router at around 78-86F. Aroma is pure terpenes... heady. It doesn't seem like there was much ferment but I think these will f amazing.
20200126_134613.jpg
20200126_134500.jpg
20200126_134409.jpg

And this white widow Cob was in the sweat for about 28 hours. It seems these buds do not sweat and hold their color also without darkening. This one was done 3 days ago and kept sealed. The aroma is a little less pungent than the other but it's now filling my apartment!

20200126_135629.jpg
20200126_135653.jpg
20200126_135737.jpg
20200126_135749.jpg

Gosh.... you all take my breath away. :hug:

I‘m relegated to consumption only for the duration, and today was the first time in a week that I’ve dipped into the cob dust.

The universe is a kinder, more expansive place from up here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful buds Tanger. I bet they will be psycholicious. I'm here in Spain in the midst of a State of Emergency, my wife and I must leave the country early, a trip of a lifetime cut short from CoVid 19, we are fine and show no symtoms, but I'm still hugely bummed out. Nevertheless I made a friend here in Andalusia who befriended me with a nice bud to help me sleep. I can't wait to get back to Canada and check out my cobs from Dec. 10. I hope they are curing fine. I managed to pick up some Auto-Zamaldelica, and Auto Malawi seeds from ACE seeds. I'm looking forward to growing those babies out and cobing them later in September. Hope all is well you everyone in these troubling times. Take care my tribe.

SweetSue has informed me that I should post some of my experiences to this thread. Background - I smoke cannabis from a bong. 3 hits usually. This winter I made many cobs. I usually take about .5 grams (I don't weigh, could be more) in the morning. I have been eating decarbed buds from the bowl at will. And I made some infused olive oil (4oz. to 2 cups oil) and use a tsp of that in the afternoon. So, after about 6 days of that, I felt a tiredness in my hips and upper legs getting worse each day. I stopped all but the smoking for a couple days and the tiredness left. So, now I'm trying to think up a dosage that will work for me, and leave the tiredness to someone else. I hope this is comprehensive enough. If not, feel free to explore. Cheers

I'm right around the corner from an Indica harvest and just re-read the first dozen pages here. I'm hoping to increase the couch lock and end up with something narcotic like. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions or tips that aren't covered in the first dozen? I'm too lazy to even skim 240plus more pages. :Namaste:

I'm right around the corner from an Indica harvest and just re-read the first dozen pages here. I'm hoping to increase the couch lock and end up with something narcotic like. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions or tips that aren't covered in the first dozen? I'm too lazy to even skim 240plus more pages. :Namaste:

Nothing ? Reckon I'll chop tomorrow or Friday. I did a test run on my sweat box today. It takes about two hours to go from 67 to 105°F. Ferment half the harvest, grind the rest to dust, what can go wrong ? :passitleft:

Nothing ? Reckon I'll chop tomorrow or Friday. I did a test run on my sweat box today. It takes about two hours to go from 67 to 105°F. Ferment half the harvest, grind the rest to dust, what can go wrong ? :passitleft:
From what I have seen you want a longer, warmer sweat if you want to increase the narcotic expression. The darker ones seem to be the ones with the more narcotic expressions and from all I have read, warmer and longer sweats will provide this. Another variable may be how wet the product is going in but I cannot recall fully.

From what I have seen you want a longer, warmer sweat if you want to increase the narcotic expression. The darker ones seem to be the ones with the more narcotic expressions and from all I have read, warmer and longer sweats will provide this. Another variable may be how wet the product is going in but I cannot recall fully.

Thanks GY. Longer and warmer huh? Maybe 36 hrs @ 110F?

Since I am not going to try and read the rest and catch up, if @SweetSue or @tangwena don't have any further advice I'll take them from harvest to the sealer and do 36hrs @ 110F.

:passitleft:

Thanks GY. Longer and warmer huh? Maybe 36 hrs @ 110F?

Since I am not going to try and read the rest and catch up, if @SweetSue or @tangwena don't have any further advice I'll take them from harvest to the sealer and do 36hrs @ 110F.

:passitleft:
Hi my friend just saw your post def harvest later and sweat longer say 24hrs the darker cures are the most narcotic with sativas but my friends who cure indicas say it makes them more active rather than narcotic but the darker cures are what you want.
I find the cobs that are aged 1 month or less more narcotic so that may be the same for indicas best taste regularly during the cure so you can dry them straight away to stop further curing once you get the stone your looking for.
Also eating or chewing about half a gram of the cob will probably give you a good nights sleep if thats what your after.

A 2oz and a 1oz cob. Straight from harvest to wrapped and sealed. My heat mat will only go to 108°F. When it does I'm starting a 48hr count down before checking on them the first time.

View media item 1760265

Back
Top Bottom