Tales From The Krip!

......and the colors! Oh man, you just nailed it! If you let em get down to about 65 at night with 40% rh, you'll see that purple form up. It will make for some pretty nugs. The effect is already at 11.

Those are some very, very nice plants. You nailed it.

Much respect!

Doc
Thank you, Brother! It does mean a lot coming from you! :thanks:

The colors have been coming out nice. It's tough to get down to 65* in the summer in the tropics, but I was thinking last week about putting some ice packs on the soil. I just didn't want to deal with the PITA of switching them out and, since I don't grow commercially, I'm not that concerned with "bag appeal" (she's frosty enough that she's got enough bag appeal for me! :rofl: ).

BTW, I don't grow plants, anymore - I raise microbes and they grow the plants! ;)

I think I said they were confidence boosters. I haven't seen a bad In House picture yet. You should really send them some pics. Yours are as good or better than anything they are posting. Are you able to test your flower at a lab? Those would test pretty well I'm sure.

Sorry, Brother! I should have known it was you that said that! :sorry:

I did send IHG some pics of the Dolato & Forbidos grow, but haven't sent them any of this grow, yet, since they never even replied to my last two emails. I'll probably send them some once I get this round dried, though, cuz' that dried tester bud looked incredible:

Unfortunately, I do NOT have a way to lab test but would love to get this round tested just to see where it's at.

DAY #70 OF 12/12 - LAST PIC DUMP BEFORE HARVEST!

Today is day #70 of 12/12 and I'm gonna try to harvest the Platinum Kush Breath tomorrow morning, if I'm up early enough. If not, it will be Saturday morning.

This should be some of the best meds I've ever grown. The looks and smell are incredible, though I'm only estimating about 5-6 oz. total yield.

Here are the buds shots:

Happy Harvests!

K

Gorgeous plant Krip!
:bravo: stunning flowers! Happy harvests indeed :cheesygrinsmiley:
Simply outstanding! You tend a mighty herd, Sir!
:yummy:
... :thumb:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k..:hookah:...
Thanks, all! :thanks:

I got those two PKB's harvested, washed & hanging in the tent. Later today, I'll bag & fridge them for a "low & slow" dry. I think I should break 6 oz and possibly closer to 7 but it's tough to tell. Nugs are dense, heavily coated with resin, and smell fantastic! The last couple of weeks really brought out some nice purple colors on the top buds, too. We'll be growing PKB again! :thumb:

Hey brother Krip, she's been absolutely beautiful throughout flower but damn she's looking perfect now. :adore: Plenty frost, rock hard nugs, awesome colours, how's the terps? :drool:
Have you maybe got a link for me on the fridge slow dry process? I've got loads of fridge space and with my harvest coming up in the next couple weeks i'm considering it - usually just brown bag them till dry and then pop in jars. Intrigued by this fridge dry, how's it not moulding ect.? Fill me in. :lot-o-toke:

Hey brother Krip, she's been absolutely beautiful throughout flower but damn she's looking perfect now. :adore: Plenty frost, rock hard nugs, awesome colours, how's the terps? :drool:
Have you maybe got a link for me on the fridge slow dry process? I've got loads of fridge space and with my harvest coming up in the next couple weeks i'm considering it - usually just brown bag them till dry and then pop in jars. Intrigued by this fridge dry, how's it not moulding ect.? Fill me in. :lot-o-toke:
Thanks, Bro! Yeah, I'm real happy with those PKB's! :green_heart:
They smell like Coffee Ice Cream & hash with a little bit of fuel. :yummy:

Here's a link to the Low & Slow drying method:

DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

The buds don't mold because of the combination of the cold temps, low humidity, and being placed in paper bags that allow the buds to breath while absorbing some of the excess moisture.

I just trimmed and bagged those buds and, now that I see them all off the colas and bagged, I'm revising the estimate up! :yahoo:

If it's not 8+ oz's, it's gonna be real damn close! Plus, about another two oz's of some of the most primo trim I've ever seen. :slide:

I'll get dry weights in a couple/few weeks, but I have eight paper lunch bags in the fridge that each have to have over a z dried and that doesn't include the trim. ;)

If it's not 8+ oz's, it's gonna be real damn close! Plus, about another two oz's of some of the most primo trim I've ever seen. :slide:
That’s a great haul from one plant! And it’s some of the best cannabis I’ve seen grown:bravo::morenutes:cant wait to see the dried bud.
The buds don't mold because of the combination of the cold temps, low humidity, and being placed in paper bags that allow the buds to breath while absorbing some of the excess moisture.
Thanks Krip! Really looking forward to test this with my next batch and I’ll be sure to let you know how it turns out. :rollit:
Have you got a separate fridge for just the bud, or sharing it with Mrs Krip? :hippy::goof:
They smell like Coffee Ice Cream & hash with a little bit of fuel. :yummy:
Sounds unreal!

UPDATE

Sorry it's been so long since my last post here. :sorry:

Most of you know what's been going on with my Dad's recent health issues and just keeping up with the sponsored journal has been tough.

That being said, things have still been moving forward with the non-sponsored stuff.

The Platinum Kush Breath has been drying in the fridge for just over two weeks, now, and has a few more days to go before it's ready to jar.

I popped another Zephyrus & Black Cherry Jelly seeds a couple of weeks ago, hoping one is a female. Both have sprouted and I'll get pics up of the new seedlings soon.

I also up-potted '79 Christmas Bud #1 and #2 to 1 gallons containers a week or two ago, and have them vegging in the small tent. I'll get pics of them up soon, too! ;)

The clone from 79XB #2 didn't root and #4 (the male) is going so excruciatingly slow, I don't think it will be ready for this round of breeding, so I'm either going to use the father/donor plant as the pollinator for this breeding round, or, I MAY decide to use either the Apricot Jelly or Black Cherry Jelly males and just do the '79XB next round.

We should be about 2-3 weeks away from being able to flip the breeding cabinet.

Lastly, I have a huge batch of RSO doing a final cook-down right now made from all the trim from my last 6 plants, or so. Most of it will go to meds for my Dad, but there should be plenty left over for me to last quite a while.

That should pretty much bring us up to date!

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom