Tales From The Krip!

Yeah one of them has an abundance of roots. I need to put her in some soil soon. I actually need to go get a small spray bottle so i can give all the cuts some destress. They are looking a little yellow. All of the small spray bottles I have stopped spraying... go figure lol.
Did you root them in Rapid Rooters?

Yes sir. It is how I always root clones. I usually get no yellowing at all when rooting cuts, but I always spray with half strength destress every day. These have not been sprayed once.
I recently switched from the RR's (which are awesome! :thumb: ) to rooting directly in the HB soil. I have about a 95% success rate, so far, after about 40-50 clones, or so. I haven't tried anything beyond 2nd run soil to root the clones, although, I should have some 3rd run on-hand soon! ;)

My primary reason for the switch is that is really just makes it easier to maintain the Bonsai Mom's in soil over time but always had great success with the RR's.

I recently switched from the RR's (which are awesome! :thumb: ) to rooting directly in the HB soil. I have about a 95% success rate, so far, after about 40-50 clones, or so. I haven't tried anything beyond 2nd run soil to root the clones, although, I should have some 3rd run on-hand soon! ;)

My primary reason for the switch is that is really just makes it easier to maintain the Bonsai Mom's in soil over time but always had great success with the RR's.
I have tried rooting directly into soil and have never had great success with it. I have done as GT does and just stuck cuts in a cup of water and depending on the time of year have had fantastic success that way too. I hit a time of year though where I was losing too many this way so I went back to RR and a dome. I need to see if I can find small spray bottles locally so that I do not have to order them online.

I have tried rooting directly into soil and have never had great success with it. I have done as GT does and just stuck cuts in a cup of water and depending on the time of year have had fantastic success that way too. I hit a time of year though where I was losing too many this way so I went back to RR and a dome. I need to see if I can find small spray bottles locally so that I do not have to order them online.
They should have them at most any home center, drug store, or supermarket in the "cleaning" section. Also, check the "makeup/hair care" section for small bottles. ;)

Loving the colors you are getting. Are you keeping the temps down ?? Seems to be the only way I can get my Indies to color out.. Sure looks like Frosted Flakes up in your hood... LOL too bad I gave up sugar and such... Wink Wink... Green day bro...
Actually, Brother, temps are in the mid-70's in that tent, so it's not the temps. :)

DOLATO BONSAI MOM

I had the Dolato Bonsai Mom out for some maintenance and thought I'd get some pics.

She's only about 6 months old, maybe a little more, and is in a 4" container. Right now, she's about 17" tall, her stalk is about pinky thickness, and she really needs a trim (which would get her under a foot tall!), but I didn't trim her today! :laugh:

I could easily get two dozen clones off this one small plant as she is and you can see where a few recent clones were taken (3rd pic). The 2nd pic with the 1 qt. Fox Farms bottle is for size reference:

Happy Harvests!

K

DAY #59 OF 12/12 FOR THE PKB'S

It's day #59 for the Platinum Kush Breaths in the small tent and they are just looking and smelling great with something like 10 days to go before harvest. I haven't taken any samples, yet, or scoped the trichomes, but just by looking at them, I can see they're in the harvest window now. Hopefully, we get some more weight over the next week or two.

Here are a few pics I got just after the lights went out:

Happy Harvests!

K

Sticky, smelly.... I wouldn't want to try walking through an outdoor stand of those! :eek:

Plants are looking fantastic! I take just about everything at 10 weeks not a days unless they scream otherwise. It works out pretty well for me.
Yeah, I'm pretty much the same with the "8-week strains". Somewhere around 70 days of 12/12 seems to be about right and, if not, the plants usually will let you know! :thumb:

Frost is looking top notch brother Krip! :bravo::adore:
Love the way you keep your mothers bonsai style. I'll be doing that for sure! Easy to work with and takes up little space. How long would she stay happy in that pot?

Back
Top Bottom