Tales From The Krip!

Beautiful. Did the smell change after the 2nd round of CAT's? Do you have the same strain you didn't give the 2nd round of CAT's? I love when people experiment.
Thanks, Brother! Yeah, I'm real happy with the way this round is turning out and I think I've got another possible keeper, here! :yahoo:

The change in smell corresponded exactly to the 2nd round of CATs BUT, since I only had two plants, I did the 2nd CAT round to both plants, so don't have a control which is what I meant when I said:

I don't have a real comparison

And, the plants were pretty damn frosty before the 2nd round of CATs, so I don't know how much effect it really had.

However, as I suspected before I did round #2, they sure didn't lose their trichomes! :rofl::

Since I did the CAT drenches early on these girls, I'm really considering doing another CAT (probably tomorrow, if I do it!) just to see what happens. I can't imagine they're gonna start losing all those trichomes! :rofl:

I do plan on doing this again and it actually makes some sense to me to be doing the first round of CATs starting around 21 days. By that time, the stretch is done and the buds are formed, so it seems like it's a good time for a CAT to kick things into "overdrive". The second CAT would be done sometime around Day #30.

Then, in about two more weeks (day #45ish) start the next round of CATs which finish around day #55 which is about two weeks, or so, before harvest.

I'll need to do a true comparison on two clones of the same plant to really see the difference, but, in my own demented mind :bongrip::bong::roorrip: it seems pretty logical.

Wow guess the gang all hangs here.. Sup Krip I didn't realize you work for the site now.. You a snitch ??? LMAO. JK.. Green evening bro... And congrats...

Talk baseball'''''

JK Drive-by

Beautiful buddage Mister Krip

I just caught up.................

Talk Baseball,, is a phase I picked up in DOC. Some might know what I meant... JK

Beautiful buddage Mister Krip

I just caught up.................

Talk Baseball,, is a phase I picked up in DOC. Some might know what I meant... JK
Thanks, Brother! And, I gotcha! "Change the subject so they can't hear what we were just talking about."

Yeah, us snitches are used to that! :rolleyes:
:rofl:

Breathtaking flowers you've got there brother! :bravo: Top top top shelf bud... :adore::drool:

Shoutout to the LED manufacturer:

Your light is excellent! The plants would not have been able to sprint into High Brix territory without good lighting. This LED is definitely a good light!
These plants are actually under a Mars Reflector 9600 so my girl, @SmokeSara will be happy to hear that!

I also have a sponsored grow going with another lighting sponsor right now that just got flipped a couple of weeks ago and you should keep your eyes on that one, too. They definitely have a HIGH bar to meet with the way the Mars have been performing!

For me, its about how long these expensive lights last without failing...cuz it doesnt matter how well it performs ..it matters how well , for how long!
For whatever it's worth, the Mars Reflector 9600 is only something like $250 USD. I purchased my first one in July of 2016 and now have three. I've never had an issue with any of them and they produce some top-shelf, solid, buds! :thumb:

The jury is still out on the $1,800 KIND LED that's being tested now in the sponsored grow. It also appears to be a very solid light with some very nice features, but it's a LOT more money. Once we get to the end of the grow, I'll do a final review on that including the pros & cons, from my perspective. ;)

Wow, $1800! I thought the Perfect sun ones were pricey at almost 1/2 that. I also have 2 of the same Mars ones but I think you knew that. They work fine but one of them makes a really annoying rattling sound, coming from the fan. I also have 2 HID's 600w, dimmable with MH and HPS bulbs. They're all in storage right now, ha!:rofl:

Wow, $1800! I thought the Perfect sun ones were pricey at almost 1/2 that. I also have 2 of the same Mars ones but I think you knew that. They work fine but one of them makes a really annoying rattling sound, coming from the fan. I also have 2 HID's 600w, dimmable with MH and HPS bulbs. They're all in storage right now, ha!:rofl:
Yeah, I believe the MSRP is actually $1,895 (which is a lot of seeds with the right sale - even IHG gear! :rofl: ) but that's actually cheap for a light that's being used compared to all the money you've spent on lights that are sitting in storage! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Sorry, Brother - I couldn't resist! :sorry: )

As for that fan with the rattling sound, just ask @SmokeSara to send you a new fan. It sounds (to me from your description...I can't actually hear it! :laugh: ) like a fan bearing.

Just to be sure, open up the case, plug it in, and make sure the fan isn't hitting anything (like some wire that got moved) inside. ;)

I hope to see all those lights out of storage soon! :popcorn:

What's the situation with the move to the new place?

really annoying rattling sound, coming from the fan
BTW, if it is the fan bearing, the rattling will get faster & slower as the light is turned on & off and the fan speeds up, then slows to a stop (same will happen if it's an obstruction!). ;)

Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll crack it open and see. My house gets demolished next week then it'll be about 4 months before our new houses is done, hopefully. It's only 1028 sq ft so should be pretty straight forward. Hoping laws will have changed by then and I can ramp things up a bit and put all of those lights to good use. I'm also trying to get some heirloom seeds, just because so I'll have to start popping them left and right, ha! :rofl:

'79 CHRISTMAS BUD TESTER

Here's a quick pic of the '79 Christmas Bud tester plant. It's worth noting that it's only in a 4" container and is NOT in high brix soil. In fact, I'm only feeding once every week, or so, with some Fox Farms. The rest of the time it's been plain H2O.

I'm not sure I'm gonna even have enough time to finish her (at least, not in the breeding cab!). She's should be about 30-40 days in now, but would have to check.

The terps are nice & piney, but they'll need a good cure before I know what I really have. The trichome development is far from impressive, but again, I've barely been feeding them and I'm guessing that will improve in high brix soil and be solved entirely when I cross it with the Dolato & Platinum Kush Breath! :ganjamon:

Once those PKB's are harvested, I'm gonna grow out 79XB #1 & #2 in the small tent, although, I'll likely wait for the main tent to be harvested so I can use the 2' x 4' to dry the main harvest.

I'm really looking forward to freeing up some good space in the veg tent so I can pop a couple more seeds! :slide:

I'll literally have 15 plants being moved out of the veg tent including the two '79XB moms, three Platinum Cake and two Blackwater in the main tent, and a total of eight plants going into the breeding cabinet consisting of two more '79 XB's (including the male!), Blackwater, Dolato, Platinum Kush Breath, Platinum Cake & Trainwreck. :yahoo:

When those are moved out, I'm gonna see if I can find females of the Apricot Jelly, Black Cherry Jelly & Zephyrus. Since the first five seedlings of those strains all turned out to be male, I'm thinking the next ones should be females! :laugh:

Happy Harvests!

K

My Xmas Bud didn’t have a lot of trichomes but had decent potency. Remember potency is something you’ll have to breed towards if you have the stock from the open pollination.

My Xmas Bud didn’t have a lot of trichomes but had decent potency. Remember potency is something you’ll have to breed towards if you have the stock from the open pollination.
Well, let's just say, I'm playing the cards I was dealt to get a breeding round in quick! :rofl:

Ideally, I would have had more of a selection of plants - or at lease SOME selection of plants! :laugh:

I originally popped four seeds - not a lot, but I'm not dealing with lots of space, either. Out of the four, I got one usable male and one usable female. Of the other two, one is the female mottled/mutant and the other is the conjoined twin, so can't use either of those for breeding.

The male does look like a strong male, so I'm not unhappy with it (yet! :rolleyes: ). I would have liked to have been able to test those other two females, though, if they were usable for breeding, so I knew I wasn't using the worst viable seed in the pack! :rofl:

You’ll still have a decent selection at F2.
Agreed! Plus, I still have a handful of F1's I haven't popped yet, so can back-cross with one of those later, if it makes sense. If nothing else, the F2's will up my seed stock! :slide:

Back
Top Bottom