SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

The Mendocino underdog #2 is one of my highest yielding plants. That one looks very promising. I wish I had the opportunity to grow it out!! I'm sure she's in good hands tho!!

This little girl in the cup won't get much bigger, since I won't be transplanting her. I wanted to see what I could make happen with a soil Solo with RX Tech nutes. The new clone will continue to be cloned until one of us has room to grow one out.

When you're ready to grow again J I'll have your genetics all ready to transplant. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

God...... It's like my brain doesn't want to fully connect today. Lol! I keep hitting the wrong keys, misplacing items, losing my train of thought.

You'd think I was high, but I'm not. :rofl: I think I'm just out of steam. Lol!

Well....if its gonna feel like I'm spacey because I'm high I might as well get high, right?

It took me a full two minutes to type that. Lol!

Hiya SweetSue,

I find when I haven't smoked cannabis, I feel out of sorts, like you've been explaning. Time to cope with being high!! Cya

I think I see the issue here. ;)

You know it. Lol! I made sure I was flying before bed. Slept like a baby, but too little time. These more energetic spells are full of creativity but wear me down. I’ll catch up before the weekend is up.

Hopefully, I’ll get some Carn oil made today. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hiya SweetSue,

I find when I haven't smoked cannabis, I feel out of sorts, like you've been explaning. Time to cope with being high!! Cya

I know.... somewhat disconcerting, eh? Lol! It still catches me off guard how much more efficiently my neurons fire when they’re awash in phytocannabinoids. You’d think SweetSue would be more aware of regular dosing, wouldn’t you? Lol!

Just thought id stop by real quick and take a peek at the girls! :) Not in a pervy way though.
Off to work now. Have a wonderful day Sue and crew!

Haha! I remember when I first came here and thought it slightly odd that you all referred to the plants as “my girls.” :rofl:

You have a delicious day filled with magic and wonder Sparks.

Tell me, is the user name an indication of employment excellence in the field of electricity, or a nod to the righteous joints you light, sparking when the heat hits the essential oils? :battingeyelashes:

I’m going back to sleep. Four hours sleep is two hours too short for me today. :ciao:

I’m going back to sleep. Four hours sleep is two hours too short for me today. :ciao:

Yeah..... that lasted as long as it took me to write it. :rofl:

Good morning everyone :love:

Jumped right out of the bed and hit the ground running. Lol! I’ve retapped the filter box so I’m not getting the sound of the rushing air and the sweet smells of the blooms filling the room anymore. I let that go on much longer than need be. :battingeyelashes:

It’s time to purchase another filter, unless there’s some way to recharge this used stuff - which I doubt, but to be honest, have never checked. Lol! The filter is now three years old, I believe.

It occurred to me that my last occupants that matched the genetics of tent # 2 were finished before day 55 of flower.

The current residents are both at Day 48 of flower.

The previous plants of these lines I grew went to 54 days, which suggests that I’d best get to flushing these girls before the next week begins. I’ll plan to start flushing nutrients from the soil on Sunday.

Black D.O.G. looks like she’ll take a few days longer.

Royal Gorilla smells stronger than the first one I grew out. It may be the Mega Crop.

Good Lord, between the two of them and the bunch of ripening bananas hanging in there it’s almost unbearably deliciousnin this bedroom. There’s no way to contain all the smell when I have the tent flaps cracked for air movement.

Not that I’d want to, mind you. It smells like my home should smell. Lol!

Ok....time for the shower and off to lunch with my senior friends. I’ll catch you later. :ciao:

Hey Tead!

Oh yeah, the compressed chunks at the bottom can get really funky, I do hose blast the buckets to get rid of the fine perlite cement at the bottom. How do your clean your used perlite (pictures said you pour it into the flower bed and let the sun do the work! :laugh: Thought it was snow first time I saw it the pictures :laugh:

I thought you meant some root bits mixed into the perlite stunk it up. Hot enough the past two weeks for you?

Peace
Keith

I have not found a way to separate the perl and osmo. I donate it in big contractor bags to the local community garden. Kills me that I can't find a way to recycle it.
The heat is really under control in my world. The super-insulated grow areas have been incredible. I can now run all lights thru the duration of the summer.
I started out as a winter only grow, then improved things to allow for lower lighting all year. Now, I'm seeing chubby buds thru the entire year. So nice. I tell ya... soon I'm gonna pick up a used shipping box (truck sized) and force a grow in the NOLA sun inside of that oven. Hell... call Musk... I'll grow on the sun!

Glancing through “The Emperor Wears No Clothes” I came across this bit from Pulp & Paper out of the Netherlands dated 1993:

“Conclusion. There is sufficient variation within the genus Cannabis for further genetic improvement of quality and yield of hemp fiber as a nonwood source of pulp. ..... as a relatively low-input crop that can be grown at a wide range of latitudes, hemp seems very suitable for mass production of nonwood cellulose. The poor host characteristics to plant-parasitic nematodes, which can even be improved by breeding, make hemp also suitable for more intensive agricultural systems with narrow rotations of susceptible dicotyledonous crops. However, the main factors for a successful introduction of hemp as a pulp source are not biological or agricultural, but industrial and political.”

The times, they are a changin’. :slide:

Yeah..... that lasted as long as it took me to write it. :rofl:

Good Morning Sue!

I've got the same problem Sue, but my insomnia is a lifelong "adventure" :laugh: If I get 4 hours of sleep I do a little dance!
If the sun is up, zero chance of sleep. I've blacked out the windows, no difference. I tried making Oil or smoking high CBN strains, still no sleep help. I laugh internally when I'm with folks that smoke and yawn all sleepy an hour later. I am still on the quest for that elusive magical sleep strain, but I don't think my brain reacts like most other folks.

Peace
Keith

You know it. Lol! I made sure I was flying before bed. Slept like a baby, but too little time. These more energetic spells are full of creativity but wear me down. I’ll catch up before the weekend is up.

Hopefully, I’ll get some Carn oil made today. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know.... somewhat disconcerting, eh? Lol! It still catches me off guard how much more efficiently my neurons fire when they’re awash in phytocannabinoids. You’d think SweetSue would be more aware of regular dosing, wouldn’t you? Lol!

Haha! I remember when I first came here and thought it slightly odd that you all referred to the plants as “my girls.” :rofl:

You have a delicious day filled with magic and wonder Sparks.

Tell me, is the user name an indication of employment excellence in the field of electricity, or a nod to the righteous joints you light, sparking when the heat hits the essential oils? :battingeyelashes:

I picked up the nick-name as a teen. My group of smoking friends would always say "spark it up" or "spark that bad boy already" or "put some spark to it." And in those days it always seemed that when it came time to smoke, nobody would have a lighter. Except me. :) Always the boyscout when it came to making fire. If someone had a ligher but it was dead, or out of gas. I would scrape some cotton fuzz off of our long white cotton tube socks (or use a Q-tip if ya got 'em) and the "Sparks" from the lighter would ignite the cotton enough to get the joint going! So when they needed a light...wheres "Big Sparks" he'll get it going! Lol!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane Sweet Sue. * sighs* I miss the good ol days...

t’s time to purchase another filter, unless there’s some way to recharge this used stuff - which I doubt, but to be honest, have never checked. Lol! The filter is now three years old, I believe.

Susan,

I know of two methods to clean and reactivate carbon from my aquarium experience, but opening the metal filter canister, emptying, cleaning, refilling and sealing is a major PITA. Buying bulk activated carbon is too expensive since we get 2 to 3 years use from a single filter. It would take decades for me to use an 80lb bag. Buying in small quantities is more expensive than a new filter. If someone does have a reasonable reuse experience I would love to read it.

Peace
Keith

I laugh internally when I'm with folks that smoke and yawn all sleepy an hour later. I am still on the quest for that elusive magical sleep strain, but I don't think my brain reacts like most other folks.

I know the feeling brother. Everybody is ready for bed and I know that I have another 4 hours before I crash from pure exhaustion. Not giving advice because everybody's brain is so different, but lately I find my brain is getting really sleepy on my nearly pure sativas (smoked, vaped, or made into potent edibles) sometimes I still don't sleep, but I feel more rested after my short sleep. IDK, just some free flowing thoughts.

If someone does have a reasonable reuse experience I would love to read it.

I plan to try baking my carbon filter in the oven. I've heard it works. I've read a couple threads somewhere where people claim that it works but the second service life span is much shorter.
There I go thinking again. Unfortunately it seems that the best thing to do is buy another pre-fab filter. Lol. Smoked purple zebra x red point for breakfast and my wife found half a purple kush doobie and now I'm rambling away on Sue's thread....

Much Love
:ganjamon:

I don’t sleep either. I wake up and smoke joints to “go back to sleep” but usually they just help the boredom of laying there awake for a couple more hours. For Christmas I got a watch with a sleep tracking app, it shows a very sad looking chart. I’ve never once hit my 6 hour goal.
:passitleft:

Susan,

I know of two methods to clean and reactivate carbon from my aquarium experience, but opening the metal filter canister, emptying, cleaning, refilling and sealing is a major PITA. Buying bulk activated carbon is too expensive since we get 2 to 3 years use from a single filter. It would take decades for me to use an 80lb bag. Buying in small quantities is more expensive than a new filter. If someone does have a reasonable reuse experience I would love to read it.

Peace
Keith

FYI, there are refillable carbon filters on the market. I haven't tried any, personally, but checkout Foothill Filters, as an example ;). There are also some DIY filters in the DIY forums.

Good morning everyone :love:

Jumped right out of the bed and hit the ground running. Lol! I’ve retapped the filter box so I’m not getting the sound of the rushing air and the sweet smells of the blooms filling the room anymore. I let that go on much longer than need be. :battingeyelashes:

It’s time to purchase another filter, unless there’s some way to recharge this used stuff - which I doubt, but to be honest, have never checked. Lol! The filter is now three years old, I believe.

It occurred to me that my last occupants that matched the genetics of tent # 2 were finished before day 55 of flower.

The current residents are both at Day 48 of flower.

The previous plants of these lines I grew went to 54 days, which suggests that I’d best get to flushing these girls before the next week begins. I’ll plan to start flushing nutrients from the soil on Sunday.

Black D.O.G. looks like she’ll take a few days longer.

Royal Gorilla smells stronger than the first one I grew out. It may be the Mega Crop.

Good Lord, between the two of them and the bunch of ripening bananas hanging in there it’s almost unbearably deliciousnin this bedroom. There’s no way to contain all the smell when I have the tent flaps cracked for air movement.

Not that I’d want to, mind you. It smells like my home should smell. Lol!

Ok....time for the shower and off to lunch with my senior friends. I’ll catch you later. :ciao:
I've popped the rivets off a filter before and refilled it with bulk activated charcoal. Way cheaper than replacing the whole thing. Only problem is that now it's not riveted shut, but it sits on end in the room anyways, so it's not an issue got me.

I think I paid $15-$25 for a bag big enough to fill it twice.

Tead luvs him a heavy hitting Indica... some dank evilness from the bowels of my garden.
He also loves to have a smoking partner... anyone will do.... but @Tead'ssmokingbuddy has named himself properly.
After a few bowls, everyone taps out. @BrixNewb has a sweetie that can keep up... but then it's just boring. Soooo much more fun watching them fall.
I suspect most all of you would make boring smokin buddies too... but the words would roll.... that's another fun bit.

Back
Top Bottom