SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

Hiya SweetSue,

That Red Diesel looks like one of Doc Bud's grows when he used something that put more frost on the leaves. That RD is truly amazing to me. Congrats on such a beautiful trych expression. I'm still wondering what the smoke report will be like. You'll probably cob some RD and I'm interested in that smoke report also! Great job, cosmos player!

Isn't it amazing?
You (well... me anyway) wouldn't think it could be such a huge issue, but wow things go downhill fast.
I've never done anything but flush the bejezus out of them with water and that's worked just fine in the past.
Recently, one of my pots didn't get properly cleaned between grows and had some root material hiding in a crack. As the grow progressed, the pot staaaaaank.... oh so bad, but the plant grew to harvest and appeared normal.
Some day I'm gonna use the shrink-ray on myself and zoom down to perlite chunk size. Then I can climb down in my pot and swim around some to see what's going on down there.
Nothing like watering a Hempy only to have it fart at you. I had two pots do this, I believe a combination of old roots and live acv used for ph down were the culprits. One plant was so-so, picked her kind of early. The other grew delicious dense top shelf buds, go figure. Both pots were reused.

Sending healing vibes for the Carnival!
:circle-of-love:

She feels your love K. :circle-of-love:

Nice little update Sue. Hope tomorrow brings you many blessings!

There’s no way any given day won’t be loaded with blessings in my world Magoo. :hug: May yours be as joyful. :battingeyelashes:

I’m getting close to signing out for the day but had to drop in here. Nice day Sue - another one with different adventures awaits tomorrow.

Now that’s living :slide:

:rofl:

That seems to have taken you no time at all :battingeyelashes::welldone:

G’night :Namaste:

It’s a wonderful life Amy, and it keeps getting better. This energy stream is incredible. Lol! You getting enough rest with that wicked-fast journal you started? :hug:

Isn't it amazing?
You (well... me anyway) wouldn't think it could be such a huge issue, but wow things go downhill fast.
I've never done anything but flush the bejezus out of them with water and that's worked just fine in the past.
Recently, one of my pots didn't get properly cleaned between grows and had some root material hiding in a crack. As the grow progressed, the pot staaaaaank.... oh so bad, but the plant grew to harvest and appeared normal.
Some day I'm gonna use the shrink-ray on myself and zoom down to perlite chunk size. Then I can climb down in my pot and swim around some to see what's going on down there.

If this one hadn’t had such obvious mold going into the pot - which we all know I initially ignored - I wouldn’t have bothered. It was no trouble, really, and the peroxide cost me next to nothing. It appears to have worked. :laughtwo:

Hiya SweetSue,

That Red Diesel looks like one of Doc Bud's grows when he used something that put more frost on the leaves. That RD is truly amazing to me. Congrats on such a beautiful trych expression. I'm still wondering what the smoke report will be like. You'll probably cob some RD and I'm interested in that smoke report also! Great job, cosmos player!

About that Red Diesel......

She came to me as a Lemon Haze, but soon after J realized he’d misnamed her and identified her as a Black D.O.G. with sativa-leaning tendencies.

It was me who suspected she was a Red Diesel, since she bore much more resemblance to the RD I’d just harvested than she did the my previous Black D.O.G. or the one I’m currently growing.

But then this morning I began processing the buds for fermentation, and realized two things:
* these are not sativa terpenes
* by appearance alone I’d identify her as a Black D.O.G., a chemovar with a very distinctive bud appearance. One just like this specimen.

Jgrow was glad to hear this. He was beginning to question his sanity. Lol!

Sue has her Devils Carnival she loves, I'm hoping mine can compete with that cross but with more consistent Colors

Chris..... and they’re photos? DDA and GDP.... oh my gosh Chris, this could be really exciting. And ACDC..... we’ll done Chris. :hug::hug::hug:

We’ll have to get some tested somehow. :slide:

Thank you for dropping pictures here, where you know I’ll be. Lol!

Good morning Sue
:passitleft:

Eh yo Chris!
Some seriously beautiful ladies.
Fat trichs and vivid colors.
:kiss:

He’s on to something, can you feel it Stage?

Thanks....:passitleft: I’ve barely taken time to have a couple hits. Lol! My garden needs paredndown a bit. Lol!

You’re right @Amy Gardner, it took me no time at all. Lol!

Thanks @Stage

Really excited about these Girls

You have every right to be. I’m looking forward to the reports on effect. :hug:

Afternoon everyone :love:

Of the many things to occupy my day, fermentation was the most interesting by far. I’ve begun experimenting with different types of fermenting cannabis and today I went with a slab

and some buds in a jar, which I tried to seal with my new cap sealer, to no avail, so I compromised.

Time to catch up on the stack of paperwork documenting this grow and then I’m thinking Callanetics May be the ticket. My brain keeps glitching today, and the daughter and I determined it might be best if I stay home. Lol!

I’ll be back later. I have a post to leave on the cob thread. :ciao:

and the peroxide cost me next to nothing

It’s crazy how expensive h202 is here. It costs me about $15 for a bit under 15ounces. I don’t know why the difference is so huge. :hmmmm:
getting enough rest with that wicked-fast journal you started? :hug:
I wasn’t for a minute there! All good now :battingeyelashes: thank you.

Zam x Pan!!! I want one!

Hey Tead,
I often will go 3 or 4 grows without really cleaning the little bits of roots out of all the perlite, it does no harm, and if you add 5ml of H2O2 per gallon of water to the nutrient mix, no more stank! H2O2 is the our friend in Hempy. I'm so lazy when I do perlite only hempy grows, it becomes the standard. :laugh:

Peace
Keith

It’s crazy how expensive h202 is here. It costs me about $15 for a bit under 15ounces. I don’t know why the difference is so huge. :hmmmm:

I wasn’t for a minute there! All good now :battingeyelashes: thank you.

Zam x Pan!!! I want one!

Really Amy? That is insane! drug store 3% H2O2 is a dollar a ounce??? Not the 35% industrial grade right?
It's less than a $1 for a 16oz bottle in the US, it's basically water.

Peace
Keith

@KeifKeith Yep - that’s the approx. price for the 3%

Little bit cheaper online... but still this is about the best...
EA72F99C-EA84-48B9-8961-134827D3E64D.jpeg

So that’s for a bit over 3ounces (note the RRP )

I got quite a shock as you’d imagine after being here and seeing all this handy use of h202. Went to do my first bud wash with it (as there’d been a bit of rot around), and realised that to do the h202 stage it would cost me about 60-70bucks. Hence, I’m only growing shorter flowering plants outdoors from now on. :thumb: Discrepancies like this really do my head in some days tho :hmmmm:

Hey Tead,
I often will go 3 or 4 grows without really cleaning the little bits of roots out of all the perlite, it does no harm, and if you add 5ml of H2O2 per gallon of water to the nutrient mix, no more stank! H2O2 is the our friend in Hempy. I'm so lazy when I do perlite only hempy grows, it becomes the standard. :laugh:

Peace
Keith

I actually tried that.... tho much larger amounts. The roots had been there for many grows and had formed a mass in an area between the cap/bottoms I use and the PVC pipe. When I pulled off the bottom, it was a very dense biomass kind of stuff.
New rule.... clean between.

@KeifKeith Yep - that’s the approx. price for the 3%

Little bit cheaper online... but still this is about the best...
EA72F99C-EA84-48B9-8961-134827D3E64D.jpeg

So that’s for a bit over 3ounces (note the RRP )

I got quite a shock as you’d imagine after being here and seeing all this handy use of h202. Went to do my first bud wash with it (as there’d been a bit of rot around), and realised that to do the h202 stage it would cost me about 60-70bucks. Hence, I’m only growing shorter flowering plants outdoors from now on. :thumb: Discrepancies like this really do my head in some days tho :hmmmm:

Well Amy ... for once I am speechless!
Maybe an AU tax thing?

Peace
Keith

I actually tried that.... tho much larger amounts. The roots had been there for many grows and had formed a mass in an area between the cap/bottoms I use and the PVC pipe. When I pulled off the bottom, it was a very dense biomass kind of stuff.
New rule.... clean between.

Hey Tead!

Oh yeah, the compressed chunks at the bottom can get really funky, I do hose blast the buckets to get rid of the fine perlite cement at the bottom. How do your clean your used perlite (pictures said you pour it into the flower bed and let the sun do the work! :laugh: Thought it was snow first time I saw it the pictures :laugh:

I thought you meant some root bits mixed into the perlite stunk it up. Hot enough the past two weeks for you?

Peace
Keith

Doing my best to catch up.

When you study like I do the notes can get crazy to keep track of. Lol!

Every time I go through these notes I find another gem. A fact I’d forgotten:

The average endocannabinoid system can handle 10-20 mg of CBD/#. When you hit the upper limits you might get an upset stomach, but the system tolerates CBD in much higher concentrations than THC.

Which is why it’s currently suggested to start with high CBD and micro dose the THC in at 1-5 mg increments when you’re dosing for medical reasons.

All done for the night. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom