Stonecrusher's Backyard Bonanza - Bringing Out The Big Pots!

Here are the SIP plants at my friend RR's house. I also started these and planted them in the big SIPs. He's been caring for them all season. I think I should have supplied him with some more nutes for bloom. Judging form the looks of things they have been sucking all the fan leaves dry. I started with some Build A Bloom micronized nutes last week and will have him feed every two days for a week or so, then just water for a week until harvest.
I took some trich shots today and both plants are all cloudy. I figure Ive got two weeks as long as it stays warm.

Ive really enjoyed watching the Indica vs Sativa expressions of these two. The Indica plant flowered early and dense and has some huge fat colas. The Sativa plant looked like it would never start budding and we even discussed cutting it down several times because we thought it was a dud. Lo and behold it was just taking its sweet time and now has some really nice, but still light, buds. Hoping they thicken a bit before harvest.

Find 'em, kill 'em, cut the rot away, and spray with BT once a week until harvest (or after it rains and dries).
Hi Shed, Thanks for the tip. The BT took care of the caterpillars almost instantly and there was minimal damage since I caught them early and followed your advice.

I used a whole bottle of Monterey BT premixed which was $20! So I started looking for concentrate to mix up myself. My local garden store was out but offered Spinosad instead, saying it is good on caterpillars and other leaf eating bugs too. Do you have any experience or opinion if Spinosad is as good as BT?

Hi Shed, Thanks for the tip. The BT took care of the caterpillars almost instantly and there was minimal damage since I caught them early and followed your advice.

I used a whole bottle of Monterey BT premixed which was $20! So I started looking for concentrate to mix up myself. My local garden store was out but offered Spinosad instead, saying it is good on caterpillars and other leaf eating bugs too. Do you have any experience or opinion if Spinosad is as good as BT?
Good work getting rid of them! Spinosad kills more bugs than BT (which is caterpillar-type specific) but the instructions limit it to 6x per grow if that matters. Also, it's toxic to bees when wet so be sure to spray after they go to bed. Here's some info on it:

Either way I'd be sure to wash the plant at harvest if you use any spray.

I'm here answering my own question after doing some research. I found that first of all Spinosad is not legal to use in some states and in commercial cannabis grows. It can kill caterpillars, some Beatles (not Paul tho), thrips and leafminers. I don't have those (yet).. But is is not as good as BT for caterpillars.
My decision is to find some BT concentrate I can use in my sprayer, and not the Spinosad. Ill treat the plants weekly until harvest.

Good work getting rid of them! Spinosad kills more bugs than BT (which is caterpillar-type specific) but the instructions limit it to 6x per grow if that matters. Also, it's toxic to bees when wet so be sure to spray after they go to bed. Here's some info on it:

Either way I'd be sure to wash the plant at harvest if you use any spray.
Thanks Shed, you are a cornucopia of knowledge!

Back
Top Bottom