Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

Oh gawd forgive me for being slow!!! Hahahaha boo did you get fertilized by the neighborhood cunt??
He does exist! 😆

I did top her and she’s been thriving in the intense heat. I’m going to go ahead and let her finish. Here’s my dumb question - will the seeds she produces be feminized autoflowers?
I was in the same boat and didn’t realize you were saying it was pollinated …are you 100% sure it’s not just funny growth and burnt pistils?

If they are seeds …NO they aren’t guaranteed to be anything but a huge ❓ and/or problem. Depends on the father….definitely don’t assume it was a properly reversed mother spitting pollen down the road.
I hate to say this but check down below for herm signs. I don’t see any in mine but there could have been an environmental factor that cause a ball to form.

Sorry about all that…she still looks cool

He does exist! 😆

I was in the same boat and didn’t realize you were saying it was pollinated …are you 100% sure it’s not just funny growth and burnt pistils?

If they are seeds …NO they aren’t guaranteed to be anything but a huge ❓ and/or problem. Depends on the father….definitely don’t assume it was a properly reversed mother spitting pollen down the road.
I hate to say this but check down below for herm signs. I don’t see any in mine but there could have been an environmental factor that cause a ball to form.

Sorry about all that…she still looks cool
This is my third time having an outdoor grow pollinated, in two different locations so I’m pretty confident it’s pollinated. This first picture is a classic first sign of pollination.
PXL_20240718_182907347.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

See how the tips of the pistils are brown and dying back? Then the buds start looking malformed and swollen.
PXL_20240718_182830186.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240718_182822116.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240718_182748197.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

I’m so bummed. She was gorgeous and was the biggest autos I’ve had in a while. I have two feminized photos outside also, but they’ve not started to flower yet. :eye-roll: I lost 3 eight foot plants to pollination last summer - I can’t seem to catch a break outside. Anyhow…. I guess I should trash her, huh?

This is my third time having an outdoor grow pollinated, in two different locations so I’m pretty confident it’s pollinated. This first picture is a classic first sign of pollination.
PXL_20240718_182907347.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

See how the tips of the pistils are brown and dying back? Then the buds start looking malformed and swollen.
PXL_20240718_182830186.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240718_182822116.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20240718_182748197.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

I’m so bummed. She was gorgeous and was the biggest autos I’ve had in a while. I have two feminized photos outside also, but they’ve not started to flower yet. :eye-roll: I lost 3 eight foot plants to pollination last summer - I can’t seem to catch a break outside. Anyhow…. I guess I should trash her, huh?
She’s so resinous…gotta be a part that didn’t get hit…yes I agree make hash!

It’s crazy that the whole plant got hit like that …I have a queen g that makes a pollen dust cloud every time I open her tent. Even totally screwed up pollination on the ABB x Wizard x Queen G where I tried to hit one branch but it seems to have hit about 75% of them. Still it’s pretty sparse on the other branches.
IMG_5412.jpeg
Yours seem to have gotten a complete dusting.
You must have a really dusty cunt neighbor living nearby. Sorry Boo.😒

She’s so resinous…gotta be a part that didn’t get hit…yes I agree make hash!

It’s crazy that the whole plant got hit like that …I have a queen g that makes a pollen dust cloud every time I open her tent. Even totally screwed up pollination on the ABB x Wizard x Queen G where I tried to hit one branch but it seems to have hit about 75% of them. Still it’s pretty sparse on the other branches.
IMG_5412.jpeg
Yours seem to have gotten a complete dusting.
You must have a really dusty cunt neighbor living nearby. Sorry Boo.😒
If I can make hash out of it can I make a tincture with 191 proof like I do for gummies? When the buds cure I assume the seeds will drop out? I’m not a hash partaker. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Alaskan BananaBerry x Wizard still filling out and gaining a few mm a day. Awesome smell, sticky like literal glue..I think @Carcass will have fun with her.
IMG_5438.jpeg

Outside a WxW that I never topped, started as a hempy style in perlite then I dropped her in a 20g pot that became available and she’s still almost all white pistils and growing nicely
IMG_5432.jpeg

She will be ready for Spear of the Month by Sep 😂

Outdoors we have quite a myriad of styles and ladies.
This lovely leggy thing is an ABB x Wizard that didn’t sprout indoors …she was tossed into the “pile” and grew on her own. She’s taken a lovely turn
IMG_5448.jpeg

Next to her is the only other Queen G x Wizard ever made. Started as a runt, now outliving her sister by a few weeks running…
IMG_5447.jpeg
ALSO a bit of Queen G pollen fell here, making the seeds from this a Queen G x Wizard x Queen G BX1
IMG_5445.jpeg

I’ll say this- for being a plant in an absolute shit area to grow, infested with snails and every hungry insect, right next to a rose. She was largely ignored and barely fed until recently… she has 0 problems with pests.
An almost unheard of resistance to pests and PM. I like that. Sticky as a glue trap, too.
She’s gonna be a great mother.

And the newest member of the family from outside my regular realm-
Barney’s Farm Moby Dick (auto) 70% Sativa.
IMG_5449.jpeg

I bought some OG Kush seeds a few weeks back during their sale and this was the freebie I picked. One shot one seed deal… and she sprouted.
I like @Barney's Farm

Alaskan BB x Wizard outside has turned purple with the temp fluctuating
IMG_5497.jpeg

WxW has some flecks of purple in its buds but seems more intent on making trichomes and catching every dog hair that floats by 😂
IMG_5499.jpeg

Hi JG
Our weather hasn't been as sunny as I'd like in my neck of the woods due to storms and fires. My two outdoor autos in sips look good but I feel like they might tolerate more DLI. I was wondering if you had tried bringing your autos in at night and putting them under light for an extra boost?

Hi JG
Our weather hasn't been as sunny as I'd like in my neck of the woods due to storms and fires. My two outdoor autos in sips look good but I feel like they might tolerate more DLI. I was wondering if you had tried bringing your autos in at night and putting them under light for an extra boost?
For me once something goes outside, it stays outside. Too many bugs and things hitch a ride back inside on those plants.
And yes have tried but I don’t like the shock they go through every time the spectrum changes. Not sure if it’s worth it on my end.

I am lucky and have about as long a day as I can have here, full sun at 6am and even water reflecting. My Lux meter reads over 100k after about 9am. The auto plants get plenty of light so I just let them do their thing.

For me once something goes outside, it stays outside. Too many bugs and things hitch a ride back inside on those plants.
And yes have tried but I don’t like the shock they go through every time the spectrum changes. Not sure if it’s worth it on my end.

I am lucky and have about as long a day as I can have here, full sun at 6am and even water reflecting. My Lux meter reads over 100k after about 9am. The auto plants get plenty of light so I just let them do their thing.
You have a point about not bringing bugs inside. I haven't had any bad bug problems with these but I do occasionally see a nibble or a few spots that indicate someone is riding along.
I hadn't thought about the difference in the spectrum as a factor, but full sunlight is probably the best spectrum you can get. Even better than my cool lights. And when the sun is out my PAR meter is also off the charts.
My yard is full of mature trees so I often move the plants around a bit during a day to get maximum sun. Ill just keep with that plan for now. I really do prefer not using lights when the sun is free.

Just found 2 yucky worm/caterpillars on my PGC outside! The largest bud looked like it was moldy/mushy, but it was because the squichy critter was eating and dissolving the bud from within! Stomp! Found another bud like that too. Pinched out the affected areas but I think the buds are gonna need to be removed entirely although I hope not...

A little July gloom and some sprinkles, good to keep the dust down after the hottest July on record here. Been great for the plants though, a perfect auto season

Wookiees x Wizard untopped, nice and bulky, great trichomes
IMG_5515.jpeg

Alaskan BananaBerry x Wizard getting more pretty every day.
IMG_5516.jpeg

Both seem resistant to critters, almost no visible damage.
There’s a tiny mystery plant in the garden that seems to be the sacrificial plant, a daily bug lunch spot. But all the other plants are left alone as long as the snails stay away.

The other 2 ABB x Wizard

Indoors was really pretty and very frosty, though about half her buds are riddled with (good) seeds, she’s still very tasty looking, no purple in the leaves but some specks in the flower.
IMG_5518.jpeg

Outside, the nearly forgotten late sprout in dirt is turning into one of the most beautiful autos ever, definitely the tallest due to her search for late afternoon sun
IMG_5517.jpeg

To her left is the little mystery plant that the bugs seems to love eating while they leave these other plants alone.

Back
Top Bottom