Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCRog, GDP - First Grow

Day 27

Watered 2 qts each today with full nutes. The nutes I have seem to be ok with going full. Maybe it's my soil mix not being full strength FFOF but only 2/3's..dunno..

While tending to my garden yesterday, I noticed that one of my plants had a minty odor to it and the other had no odor at all. If these are the same strain, shouldn't they smell alike??

Just curious. The growth on the runt is there just not the same as the bushmaster.

Pics!
The Runt...I'm liking this plant more and more everyday.

Day_27_-_3.jpg

I think the rockwool cube this is in is so saturated that I'm really going to have to be careful about watering this one..maybe water around the cube??

Day_27_-_2.jpg

The bushmaster....mmmmmm tasty look and smell..

Day_27_-_1.jpg

Questions? Comments? Slams?? Bring it!

:thanks:

I was just in my box and I smelled both of my mature plants. One had a minty smell to it and the other had no odor at all.

These are supposed to be the same strain. Is it possible they are not? Shouldn't they both smell the same??

:Namaste:

Are they just the same strain or are they clones from the same mother?

If clones from the same mother, I would expect the same characterisics. Not necessarily the case with same strain but different mothers.

Are they just the same strain or are they clones from the same mother?

If clones from the same mother, I would expect the same characterisics. Not necessarily the case with same strain but different mothers.

That is a great question. I bought them from a dispensary so honestly I don't know....They are clones but I don't know if they are from the same mother.

OK...so, as I understand it, the same strain of MJ can display different traits. Just like all german shepards are similar, but some will be larger, some will have different color eyes, etc. It becomes dependent on genetics as to which traits are dominant. The same would be true of MJ. Even the same strain would display different traits based on genetics. However, clones of the same mother would have the same genetics so should display the same dominant traits. This is why the "SOG Guys" like to use clones of the same mother. The know the plants will flower about the same time, be about the same height, etc.

If you want to continue the strain, you should figure out which specific plant is "best" based on your needs/judgement and take clones from that plant.

OK...so, as I understand it, the same strain of MJ can display different traits. Just like all german shepards are similar, but some will be larger, some will have different color eyes, etc. It becomes dependent on genetics as to which traits are dominant. The same would be true of MJ. Even the same strain would display different traits based on genetics. However, clones of the same mother would have the same genetics so should display the same dominant traits. This is why the "SOG Guys" like to use clones of the same mother. The know the plants will flower about the same time, be about the same height, etc.

If you want to continue the strain, you should figure out which specific plant is "best" based on your needs/judgement and take clones from that plant.

This is probably the likely answer. I got two GDP's but they were from different mothers. Everything is identical in so far as conditions, watering and nutes are concerned.

Thanks Krip!!

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

Day 28

The runt is getting a clue and exploding too...seems to correlate with a good drenching. Both got 2 quarts of fully nuted water yesterday...mmmmm tasty!

The bustier girl is getting bigger by the day...it's just awesome to watch. Makes me want to stick my nose in there all the time.

I'm going to water the new clone this morning. It's been 3 days since I last watered her and nothing much has changed really.

Pics!

Day_28_-_3.jpg

The runt showing signs of taking off.

Day_28_-_2.jpg

Baby le bush!! Love this plant..

Day_28_-_1.jpg

I've still got signs of unhealthy leaves. Not on the shoots but off the main stalk. It's random...don't know what's causing it but will post other pics later on...

Things are looking great, I personally named the runt Dorothy (with purple slippers), she only had to believe in herself and she will grow up to be like all the other girls.

Things are looking great, I personally named the runt Dorothy (with purple slippers), she only had to believe in herself and she will grow up to be like all the other girls.

You've got a thing for runts, don't you?? LOL

:)

I once met a woman who was 3'1" and I am 6'3" need I say more.

LOL...reminds me of a joke...

"What NOT to ask in Victoria's Secret...Do these come in children's sizes?"

Day 29

I've never heard that Victoria's Secret joke but I like it! 3' 1" sounds perfect..I'm almost 6' 2" and my wife is 5' 1"...love short gurlz...

So..I did a little foliar feeding last night and it looks like it did some good...

I'm still a little concerned with some of the leaves being yellowish..if it is a nitrogen deficiency, it isn't going away with feeding. I'm thinking I should either add more nutes to my water or go with an additive.

Which one I have no clue.

Pics..

This one is just taking off...going to be a huge bush by the end of veg..

Day_29_-_3.jpg

The newbie is coming around too. I'm going to flush the hempy res tonight or tomorrow morning. Going perlite with FF OF and a little LW was a mistake. Completely fucks the watering schedule and when you do that, the res could sour and kill the plant..sweet!...live and learn..

Day_29_-_2.jpg

Dorothy is finally coming to the party..height wise a little behind but she is beginning to bush out nicely.

Day_29_-_1.jpg

I see the two more mature plants being solid bud when I go into flower. The growth rate is so much slower than I thought it would be..I don't want to veg too much longer as if I do, I'll be into a May harvest and my temps may be in the bud rot range.

Thinking of just going to an LST mode instead of scrogging it on this grow and flipping to 12/12 on the 1st of March. That wold be almost 2 months of veg...about a month longer than I thought. Hopefully the flower will be short?? LOL...I can only hope...8 to 9 weeks to finish so they say.

We'll see.

GF,

You may want to post some close-up pics of the leaves on the different plants. It looks like there could be some different problems, but it's tough to tell from the pics.

The first and third pic looks like the leaves may have some interveinal banding (yellowing between the veins) while the middle pic looks like either nute burn or some deficiency.

I've found this to be of great help:

Nutrient Disorder Problem Solver

:goodluck:

GF,

You may want to post some close-up pics of the leaves on the different plants. It looks like there could be some different problems, but it's tough to tell from the pics.

The first and third pic looks like the leaves may have some interveinal banding (yellowing between the veins) while the middle pic looks like either nute burn or some deficiency.

I've found this to be of great help:

Nutrient Disorder Problem Solver

:goodluck:

Ask and ye shall receive..here is a thread that I posted in the FAQ section...or was it problems..not sure...

Click here for troubled leaves!

OK...using the trusty problem solver above, I'd say it was a Masgensim deficiency. It looks like it's effecting bottom and middle of plant and:

Margins of the leaves are turned up, and the tips may be twisted. Leaves are yellowing (and may turn brown), but the veins remain somewhat green. >> Magnesium (Mg) deficiency. b) If not, go to #4

Are you using R/O water?

Here's what is says about Magnesium:

Magnesium - Mg-deficiency is pretty common since marijuana uses lots of it and many fertilizers don't have enough of it. Mg-deficiency is easily fixed with ¼ teaspoon/gallon of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water) or foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart. When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil for Mg. Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.

You may need to add some Cal/Mag.

I hope this helps!

OK...using the trusty problem solver above, I'd say it was a Masgensim deficiency. It looks like it's effecting bottom and middle of plant and:

Are you using R/O water? I'm not but may as well be..the TDS in my water is 030..it's almost pure.

Here's what is says about Magnesium:

You may need to add some Cal/Mag.

I hope this helps!

I'm using what the nutes call for...maybe I just need to get some epsom salts and put this deficiency to rest...nitrogen and cal/mag are the top two most common deficiencies.

I copied and pasted that post into my google docs...it's very helpful and I think you're right..

Looks like your runt isn't a runt at all. Those node are butt to nut on there. I would like all my plants to look like that. Great job keep it up!

LOL! Butt to nut...I've never heard that...sweet! Yeah I think when I got to flower the gurlz they will be one solid bud...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Thank you so much for letting me name the little lady, I feel honored. SCROG works very well with Sativa strains, but when It comes to Indica's it a containment issue call. I am going to LST my Indica's during my next fall indoor grow instead of SCROGGing them. I grow outside during the summer (so far I have one grow under my belt) do to the heat/power issue's.

Thank you so much for letting me name the little lady, I feel honored. SCROG works very well with Sativa strains, but when It comes to Indica's it a containment issue call. I am going to LST my Indica's during my next fall indoor grow instead of SCROGGing them. I grow outside during the summer (so far I have one grow under my belt) do to the heat/power issue's.

Yup it's very clear to me now that my indica's aren't scrog worthy unless I'm into vegging for 3 months...at least at this growth rate.

It's actually a good thing..now I know I can grow sativa's in my small space and do well..train wreck here I come!!!

Personally I would disagree that Indica's are not scrog worthy. Just lower the screen, growth will explode in flowering. IMO there is no way for LST to give you as many bud sites with equal light, as a scrog does with low intensity lights (up to 400w).

With the sun it probably doesn't matter a whole bunch as it has plenty of light penetration.

:peace:

Personally I would disagree that Indica's are not scrog worthy. Just lower the screen, growth will explode in flowering. IMO there is no way for LST to give you as many bud sites with equal light, as a scrog does with low intensity lights (up to 400w).

With the sun it probably doesn't matter a whole bunch as it has plenty of light penetration.

:peace:

I guess I should qualify my answer. IMHO Indica's that are able to veg longer could be SCROG , lowering the screen makes it a little harder to train and maintain (IMHO). In my room (5.5' X 20' door in the middle) I have access to the SCROG from only one side, bummer.

Back
Top Bottom