Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCROG, GDP - First Grow

thats why with this grow that i did, i did a little big of everything besides doin a scrog. but i did lst on 1 plant, and its doin a damn good job. i also fimmed on plant and its doin a damn good job. then i did an experiment on 1 plant and its showin some real good results. i did this so that on my next grow i will know which way yeailds the most with the amount of space i have with the different ways of growing. so far im liking the plant that i did lst on.. i dont know, i posted recent pics on my journal if u wanna take a look.. let me know what u think if u do take a look..

You can still top dress and work in some powered dolomite lime.

I was thinking that as well. I went to one place that specializes in growing stuff and they looked at me like I had sprouted extra limbs...

Where do you get it??

:Namaste:

thats why with this grow that i did, i did a little big of everything besides doin a scrog. but i did lst on 1 plant, and its doin a damn good job. i also fimmed on plant and its doin a damn good job. then i did an experiment on 1 plant and its showin some real good results. i did this so that on my next grow i will know which way yeailds the most with the amount of space i have with the different ways of growing. so far im liking the plant that i did lst on.. i dont know, i posted recent pics on my journal if u wanna take a look.. let me know what u think if u do take a look..

Dude..where is the link to your grow??

Hey you can still nail this one! Doing a mighty fine job for a first grow IMO.

Thanks man...honestly I'm pretty pleased with this grow...even if the product is just ok..I've learned so much already that my next will be nails...totally nails..

Thanks for the encouragement buddy..I appreciate it!!

Dude..where is the link to your grow??

I second. Link please.

:rollit:

i dont know exactly how to get the link and post it but heres the name of it...let me know what u guys think...:tokin:
Sukafr33's First Indoor Grow- CFLs, Bag Seed (All Different Strains), DIY Grow Cab

Day 35

I ran into a bit of a ventilation issue that I spent the morning fixing...just found that in my haste to get started I jury rigged the attachment on the fan intake and exhaust..fixed it and it works better. Whaddya know about that?? :wood:

Not much else...

Pics!!

The Bush....I can totally see this one taking over the box. It would be hostile too!

Day_35_-_1.jpg

The newbie still growing. I'll never add soil to a hempy bucket again...dumb!! (for me anyway!)

Day_35_-_2.jpg

Group shot....

Day_35_-_4.jpg

She's straining for the roof of the box...gawd bless her!

Day_35_-_3.jpg

Questions, comments, flames?? It's all welcome!

So I'm driving along I 80 west coming home from Auburn and I notice a new hydro store in my area.

I grow biz....the largest hydro store in Northern California. Just minutes from my house in comparison to going elsewhere...awesome!!

I stop by and the guy behind the counter tells me that the easiest thing to grow in is coco and perlite mixed....screw up proof!

He also turned me onto Plant Warrior pots...anyone hear of them??
:high-five:

So I'm driving along I 80 west coming home from Auburn and I notice a new hydro store in my area.

I grow biz....the largest hydro store in Northern California. Just minutes from my house in comparison to going elsewhere...awesome!!

I stop by and the guy behind the counter tells me that the easiest thing to grow in is coco and perlite mixed....screw up proof!

He also turned me onto Plant Warrior pots...anyone hear of them??
:high-five:

Yeah...he's referring to Hempy Pots. It's the most basic/easiest form of hydro. I'm using straight perlite in my hempys, some use 75% perlite & 25% vermiculite, and some mix with coco. I think IrishBoy uses perlite & coco and IMO he's one of the best growers here on 420 (although, he'll never say that!) and he's always willing to help, so I wouldn't hesitate to ask his advice.

There's also a good thread on it. Basically, you put an approximate 1" hole about 2" from the bottom of the bucket. Then water until you see run-off from the hole in a steady stream. The distance from the bottom of the bucket to the hole forms a res. Once the roots hit the res, the plants take off like in hydro. Water/feed again when the bucket feels light (every couple of days, or so). Use hydro nutes and PH between hydro & soil (about 6.0).

Here's info on the Plant Warrior pots:

Gro Pro® Plant Warrior™ Pots | Sunlight Supply

:goodluck:

Yeah...he's referring to Hempy Pots. It's the most basic/easiest form of hydro. I'm using straight perlite in my hempys, some use 75% perlite & 25% vermiculite, and some mix with coco. I think IrishBoy uses perlite & coco and IMO he's one of the best growers here on 420 (although, he'll never say that!) and he's always willing to help, so I wouldn't hesitate to ask his advice.

There's also a good thread on it. Basically, you put an approximate 1" hole about 2" from the bottom of the bucket. Then water until you see run-off from the hole in a steady stream. The distance from the bottom of the bucket to the hole forms a res. Once the roots hit the res, the plants take off like in hydro. Water/feed again when the bucket feels light (every couple of days, or so). Use hydro nutes and PH between hydro & soil (about 6.0).

Here's info on the Plant Warrior pots:

Sunlight Supply, Inc - Horticulture, Lighting, and Gardening Wholesale - Plant Warrior Pots

:goodluck:

I've got a hempy bucket in this grow right now...he is using the Plant Warrior pots and the coco/perlite mix..no passive reservoir in the bottom as he's using the Plant Warrior pots...it's more like a soil grow..

Thanks!!

I've got a hempy bucket in this grow right now...he is using the Plant Warrior pots and the coco/perlite mix..no passive reservoir in the bottom as he's using the Plant Warrior pots...it's more like a soil grow..

Thanks!!

Actually, looking at the pots, I don't think it's hempy, but similar principle only without the res. With hempys, when you water, it's supposed to draw in oxygen. It looks like those pots are designed to draw in oxygen from the bottom of the pots instead of the tops and don't form a res with a pool of nutes. Just my take. :cool:

Actually, looking at the pots, I don't think it's hempy, but similar principle only without the res. With hempys, when you water, it's supposed to draw in oxygen. It looks like those pots are designed to draw in oxygen from the bottom of the pots instead of the tops and don't form a res with a pool of nutes. Just my take. :cool:

I think you're right...I was going to go air pots for my next grow but I like the look of these..

Coco/perlite...might be the ticket!!

My favorite pots are more related to baskets than anything else. I have noticed that I have the best luck with the baskets that fit onto buckets, probably because they drain so good, even in soil.

I have considered that as well...thanks for the input!!

Day 36

Things are going along swimmingly. I'm planning on a flush tomorrow morning. I don't know how much water to flush with however..any thoughts there?

I'm planning on switching to 12/12 on March 1 regardless of where the newbie is. If it doesn't make it...that's cool. I'm hoping to get at least over an ounce from this grow.

Next grow I will be far more demanding yield wise. Not sure at this point if I should go with 3 or 4 plants. I see some box mods coming..creating more floor space and if I pull that off..then 4 for sure.

Pics!

Under the green screen...

Day_36_-_5.jpg
Day_36_-_4.jpg

Dorothy coming into her own...

Day_36_-_3.jpg

The newbie stretching up toward the screen..

Day_36_-_2.jpg

Baby le Bush attempting a hostile box takeover...crazy lil bush!!

Day_36_-_1.jpg

I hope this will be good smoke...can't wait to flip it over to 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom