Starting A New Journey

Waywardwayne

Hello! I just placed orders for spores and bag. This will be a simple first run just to see the progress first hand.

Ordered treasure coast spores because when I was a pup growing up in the treasure coast of Florida, a friend and I used to go to the cow fields and pick them. I was astonished to see this strain and immediately put in cart.

I have “booming acres” aio substrate bag as it was cheap. I don’t know enough to start with raw materials or a still air box yet but after this run I will assess my knowledge and skill level and may go to a full system or kit.

Any advice on this type of bag grow would be awesome.

Here’s a pic of the bag in question

IMG_9003.jpeg

Welcome abord mateys.

Hello! I just placed orders for spores and bag. This will be a simple first run just to see the progress first hand.

Ordered treasure coast spores because when I was a pup growing up in the treasure coast of Florida, a friend and I used to go to the cow fields and pick them. I was astonished to see this strain and immediately put in cart.

I have “booming acres” aio substrate bag as it was cheap. I don’t know enough to start with raw materials or a still air box yet but after this run I will assess my knowledge and skill level and may go to a full system or kit.

Any advice on this type of bag grow would be awesome.

Here’s a pic of the bag in question

IMG_9003.jpeg

Welcome abord mateys.
I would recommend you watch a video or two on YouTube. It’s really pretty ez you just inoculate the bag. Afterwards it’s just airing n misting. CL🍀 Great choice on the spores btw.

I would recommend you watch a video or two on YouTube. It’s really pretty ez you just inoculate the bag. Afterwards it’s just airing n misting. CL🍀 Great choice on the spores btw.

My relative grow and has explained a few times. It’s just something I have to see and have in front of me in order for me to get it.

Basically you grow the mycelium and the mushrooms grow from that. But I don’t really get it just yet. Never grew one in my life.

My relative grow and has explained a few times. It’s just something I have to see and have in front of me in order for me to get it.

Basically you grow the mycelium and the mushrooms grow from that. But I don’t really get it just yet. Never grew one in my life.
It’s pretty simple once you start growing mycelium you just air it and mist it. CL🍀

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, @Waywardwayne, but it appears that isn't an all-in-one (AIO) bag that you have. It is a bag of substrate only, and is intended to be mixed with grain that's been inoculated with and fully colonized by the mycelium.

Full All-In-One bags will have grain, either separate or mixed in, and the bag will have a self-healing injection port. I also doubt their assertion that the substrate is for dung loving mushrooms because it contains no compost.

They do have an all-in-one, but it's about the same price as ones from Midwest Grow Kits or Mushroom Supplies.

Now that I've rained on your parade (sorry!), I will say an AIO and a spore or liquid culture syringe is the easiest and most reliable way to get good results, right away, without breaking the bank.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, @Waywardwayne, but it appears that isn't an all-in-one (AIO) bag that you have. It is a bag of substrate only, and is intended to be mixed with grain that's been inoculated with and fully colonized by the mycelium.

Full All-In-One bags will have grain, either separate or mixed in, and the bag will have a self-healing injection port. I also doubt their assertion that the substrate is for dung loving mushrooms because it contains no compost.

They do have an all-in-one, but it's about the same price as ones from Midwest Grow Kits or Mushroom Supplies.

Now that I've rained on your parade (sorry!), I will say an AIO and a spore or liquid culture syringe is the easiest and most reliable way to get good results, right away, without breaking the bank.
That’s not bad news, it’s great news. It means I can order what I’ll actually need. You said the one with the grain in it with a self healing port. Thanks 🙏

Welcome to the world of mycology @Waywardwayne

I suggest you start out using our sponsors, so if you have a problem they can help you with product issues.
I have been using @Spore Genetics and @Midwest Grow Kits since they became sponsors and highly recommend them.

Hope to see you shrooming soon. 🍄

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
I agree with Tok about using the Sponsors. I have used them both and can personally vouch for their quality and service. CL🍀

Welcome to the world of mycology @Waywardwayne

I suggest you start out using our sponsors, so if you have a problem they can help you with product issues.
I have been using @Spore Genetics and @Midwest Grow Kits since they became sponsors and highly recommend them.

Hope to see you shrooming soon. 🍄

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
I agree with Tok about using the Sponsors. I have used them both and can personally vouch for their quality and service. CL🍀

I used both of those sponsors. Waiting on one item to be delivered before starting my research.

When the ball starts rolling I’m sure I will have questions. Thanks.

Treasure Coast Mushroom 10cc Spore Syringe​

Treasure Coast mushrooms
are a strain of Psilocybe cubensis, a psychedelic mushroom species that contains psychoactive compounds psilocybin and psilocin. They were first discovered in the Treasure Coastregion of Florida, United States, which includes cities such as Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, and Vero Beach, and stretches along the Atlantic coast.

This strain is favored by cultivators and users for its potent effects, including euphoria, introspection, and enhanced creativity. It is known for its rapid colonization time and its ability to produce a second flush after the initial harvest.

Treasure Coast mushrooms
were initially found in horse and cattle manure along the Florida Gulf Coast, and they tend to grow in large, dense clusters. They are known for their large golden caps, thick white stripes, and gills loaded with spores. These mushrooms are relatively resistant to contamination compared to other strains.

Ideal temperatures for ResearchingTreasure Coast Spores range from 23 to 26 degrees Celsius. They are considered suitable for beginner researchers, with average fruit bodies reaching two to five inches in height and caps ranging from half an inch to an inch in diameter. Some Treasure Coast mushrooms can grow as tall as 10 inches.

These mushrooms are usually pale, regardless of whether they are albino strains or not, and they are known for their distinctive coloration and heavy flushes. Visually, Treasure Coast mushrooms have caramel-colored caps with slightly lighter, golden edges and a conical to slightly convex shape. Their stems are long, thin, and bluish, with the hue intensifying when bruised. Treasure Coast mushrooms are classified as a specific strain of the Psilocybe cubensis species, belonging to the Hymenogastraceae family and Psilocybe genus.

Decided to add the description from @Spore Genetics so if anyone was curious the info is easily available.

Hey Tok, I appreciate that and will do when the time is right. Probably just after the 1st. Been reading all the journals, including yours. Incredible work.

Ordered a monotub to help with fruiting. After the myc takes the bag I will transfer it into the tub for a more growth conducive environment. I’m not sure that’s how it works because I feel like I’m trying to cheat. I hope it works or that someone has a better idea about it. Remember the bag of substrate I ordered might come in handy here. Maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom