Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Your plants look amazing VS!

I think what puts Hindu Kush over the top is the myrcene. I’d love to see how it matches up against others in myrcene, I feel like it has to be a myrcene heavyweight. That clearing of the mind you mention is such a great effect, I love a strain that can be that strong with no anxiety whatsoever. Part of why I love my Kush!

I'm still reading from the beginning, but wow, just wow!

You and Mrs Stank have got this on lock. I'm beyond impressed and inspired.

Keep it up!

I miss the crew.

I need to catch up on everyone else's journals as well, but hanging around here is making the "grow" itch even stronger. Lol

Gday Van, mrs and all the visiting Stank lovers :battingeyelashes:

Haven’t been able to check in at all the rooms I’d like to lately so I’ve been missing lots of action here I know. I might do an “update” search and bring myself up to date with the current brood.

I wanted to stop in today to share my admiration of the Kushberry that you made in this garden. Just saw a stunner at Morglie’s. Beautiful in all areas

:yummy: :bravo:

Can you remind me of your technique for just pollinating the pistils that show up at the nodes once the plant shows sex. Do you use a paintbrush to make sure the pollen stays put? And do you get one seed per pistil?

This is a great technique to save buds from being full of seeds! I will be trying it eventually once I start breeding that’s for sure.

Hey @Van Stank I got 189 seeds out of both plants. I'm a dad! Have a good one.
Congrats Fly....that will keep you busy for a while and you should be able to find a few good plants out of that to continue breeding more of what you want!

Can you remind me of your technique for just pollinating the pistils that show up at the nodes once the plant shows sex. Do you use a paintbrush to make sure the pollen stays put? And do you get one seed per pistil?
Hey Shed.......there are a few ways to do it. I prefer to keep the flowering male near the veg females that have the preflowers. I have a small tent that I keep the males in, and during the day I will bring them out of their tents and spend some time getting to know each other. If they like each other, I get seeds. Its the easiest way and it literally allows me to cross a male to all my vegging girls that are in preflower state. I don't need to take clones, get them rooted, grow them big enough to produce seeds and then lose buds to seeds if I am not even sure its a worth doing. With a big plant in veg.......I can get over 100 seeds from a pre-flowering vegging girl. Certainly enough to grow a handful out and give a few away and see what can be discovered.

You can definitely manually pollinate if you want, but I go back to me being a lazy grower. I would prefer to put them next to each other and have the pollen find its way to the target. If I was to try manually, I would probably try Q-tips or a small paint brush.

Yes there will only be one seed per pistil area. The seed pods are easy to see and after a week or two, you can see and feel the seed developing in there. If you didn't get enough seeds with one application and you have more pistils that need pollen, hit it again.

Really play around with it. Its like anything else with growing.....you can read about it a few times but it all just kind of comes together when you tinker and give it whirl yourself. If you have any other questions Shed, you know where to find me brother. Be glad to offer up any additional help with it. And again, the best part is you get seeds AND Sinsemilla bud! I mean seeded bud isn't really a big deal unless you have thousands of seeds, but its nice to get your seeds and meds.

Much easier to harvest the seeds pollinated in veg as well. You can see the pods at the base of the nodes. Just pinch them off when you are ready to collect and take the pods off and let them dry (the seeds, not the pods) for a few days before storing them (cause fresh seeds can mold if you aren't careful).

Gday Van, mrs and all the visiting Stank lovers :battingeyelashes:

Haven’t been able to check in at all the rooms I’d like to lately so I’ve been missing lots of action here I know. I might do an “update” search and bring myself up to date with the current brood.

I wanted to stop in today to share my admiration of the Kushberry that you made in this garden. Just saw a stunner at Morglie’s. Beautiful in all areas

:yummy: :bravo:
Hey Amy, thanks for swinging through! We appreciate the kind words on the Kushberry TF. Morglie has certainly done a great job with that one! Makes me want to pop one!

You haven't missed a whole lot here lately. We are only about 3 weeks into flower so things are just getting interesting. Updates on DTF and Stankberry to come in a bit.

DTF #1 Veg Day 82

Hey all. First up today we have one of our two vegging DTF girls. We have one other DTF that was flowered out early and she is about to start her 4th week of flower tomorrow. I had to break out the H2O2 to help try and reign in her fungus gnat issue. Watered her with some rain water and H2O2 last night and I will be top dressing in more stuff and microbes and then I will be adding some Gnat Gnix on top to keep them out. That should end my issue.

The problem came to be because I haven't found the fans I used to have in the tent. I know I unpacked it, but I can't find where I put it for the life of me. Generally just having a fan blowing over the surface will keep any gnats in check. Shows how important those little things are in our grow area.

The game plan with this girl is to veg her out to about 100 days or so (I have been working to keep her on the smaller side this long as I don't have room to flower her out yet) and up pot her to a 10 gallon and let her get her feet under her and then flip.

Hey Shed.......there are a few ways to do it. I prefer to keep the flowering male near the veg females that have the preflowers. I have a small tent that I keep the males in, and during the day I will bring them out of their tents and spend some time getting to know each other. If they like each other, I get seeds. Its the easiest way and it literally allows me to cross a male to all my vegging girls that are in preflower state. I don't need to take clones, get them rooted, grow them big enough to produce seeds and then lose buds to seeds if I am not even sure its a worth doing. With a big plant in veg.......I can get over 100 seeds from a pre-flowering vegging girl. Certainly enough to grow a handful out and give a few away and see what can be discovered.

You can definitely manually pollinate if you want, but I go back to me being a lazy grower. I would prefer to put them next to each other and have the pollen find its way to the target. If I was to try manually, I would probably try Q-tips or a small paint brush.

Yes there will only be one seed per pistil area. The seed pods are easy to see and after a week or two, you can see and feel the seed developing in there. If you didn't get enough seeds with one application and you have more pistils that need pollen, hit it again.

Really play around with it. Its like anything else with growing.....you can read about it a few times but it all just kind of comes together when you tinker and give it whirl yourself. If you have any other questions Shed, you know where to find me brother. Be glad to offer up any additional help with it. And again, the best part is you get seeds AND Sinsemilla bud! I mean seeded bud isn't really a big deal unless you have thousands of seeds, but its nice to get your seeds and meds.

Much easier to harvest the seeds pollinated in veg as well. You can see the pods at the base of the nodes. Just pinch them off when you are ready to collect and take the pods off and let them dry (the seeds, not the pods) for a few days before storing them (cause fresh seeds can mold if you aren't careful).
Great tip Van! I’ll be sure to try this out when I start making seeds!

DTF #1 Veg Day 82

Hey all. First up today we have one of our two vegging DTF girls. We have one other DTF that was flowered out early and she is about to start her 4th week of flower tomorrow. I had to break out the H2O2 to help try and reign in her fungus gnat issue. Watered her with some rain water and H2O2 last night and I will be top dressing in more stuff and microbes and then I will be adding some Gnat Gnix on top to keep them out. That should end my issue.

The problem came to be because I haven't found the fans I used to have in the tent. I know I unpacked it, but I can't find where I put it for the life of me. Generally just having a fan blowing over the surface will keep any gnats in check. Shows how important those little things are in our grow area.

The game plan with this girl is to veg her out to about 100 days or so (I have been working to keep her on the smaller side this long as I don't have room to flower her out yet) and up pot her to a 10 gallon and let her get her feet under her and then flip.

She’s looking great so far! Going to be another big beautiful babe haha

Haha! I was about to ask if you’ve moved (I have a sense I may have missed the big event) and then this let me know...
came to be because I haven't found the fans I used to have in the tent. I know I unpacked it, but I can't find where I put it for the life of me.

Yep - they’ve moved. :laugh::rofl: I’m sure they’ll turn up eventually, but it could be years!

Good luck with the gnats, lil fookers... I know you have a pretty good routine for them that usually just works (including your missing fans) but if they try to kick your ass anytime, neiko recently tipped me on to yucca extract. Used as directed in the drenches for 3 watering rounds - no detriment to the herd or soil balance. Just in case you ever need, and hadn’t heard of it :Namaste:

Stankberry #3 Veg Day 81

Next up is our big Stankberry girl. She is definitely hitting her stride right now and growing very vigorously. She is within 12" of the Dwarf Star so I gotta start pulling her down and make her a bit wider. I know they are stretchers so I will need the height. Our plan with her is to try and take her to about 100 days in veg, then up pot her and give her a week to get her roots established a bit and flip her. Hopefully I can get at least 2 more weeks in this 3 gallon pot.

We gave her a drink of rain water with some H2O2 for the gnat issue. Its not bad, but I want it eliminated before I flip her. All in all we are very pleased with this girl's growth. Hopefully she will flower as nicely as she has vegged! Cheers, and hope everyone had a great weekend!

Stankberry and DTF comparison

Such beautiful things going on in your garden Van and Ms.. Starting out with your Northern Lights. A stunner and will be great meds. There's something about that one. The Amhearst is to die for. They're all well in the new digs! I didn't know to pollinate in veg! That opened a door I didn't see. Fantastic.
The African Meltdown review was awesome. We got to get you stoned and writing all the time! I can't see anyone reading that review not wanting to go get themselves some seeds and fulfilling the dream. That was major league musing my friend and made my day.

Back
Top Bottom