Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Thanks for the input Newty. I would think it would be a blind judging over a long period of time. I figure since all the Stuff has to be in a month and a half early, they get the samples over to the judges for the judges to sample over multiple settings. Can't imagine you could be able to tell much difference from if you did them all in one setting :eek:

Anyways, I addressed my Magnesium issue. Broke out my 60 gallons of cooked/cooking Stank soil and added the 2.5 gallons of Bio-Char and the epsom salt that I forgot to add when I mixed it all up initially. Got everything mixed back together but only after another shovel issue. Apparently one of the contractors that the landlord had doing work, accidentally took my brand new shovel that i bought after I broke the last one mixing the soil back in September. Well luckily, another contractor from another company had one I could borrow. Would not have been happy to have dumped it all out and then not have a shovel to mix or refill the containers. Barely beat the rain as it was.

I also went around and added a little bit epsom salt to the top of the Amherst as well several of the smaller plants that I have been slow growing. I also took that time to add in a bit more gypsum, Glacial Rock Dust, Basalt, Bat Guano and Kelp to the top of all those small pots. I started out cautiously on the Epsom Salt. My overall amount per batch of Stank Soil is 1/2 cup for 60-70 gallons. That breaks down to 8 Tablespoons or 24 Teaspoons for that 60 gallons or so, which translates to 1 teaspoon per 2.5 gallons of soil. Probably need to top dress 2 teaspoons into the top layer of the Hawaiian Mayan and about that much on the African Meltdown as well. I need to water the flower girls today anways so might as well do it all today. Man I hate having react to issues instead of doing stuff correctly the first time. LOL....lesson learned. I need a damn dry erase board hanging in my grow area where I can write down notes and shopping lists. I need to buy another bag of BioChar for the next batch of soil I need to mix.

I have some updates coming today......the Hawaiian Mayan for sure, and perhaps our ugly duckling the Purple Heaven reveg. She is one ugly plant LOL. But she is picking up steam and throwing lots of shoots so I know I will need to uppot to a 1 gallon here pretty soon. Cheers er'body!

I've found a new avatar for you:

1661105814675.png

Yes!! Enter if you can! The cup I attended (where we were all judges lol) had basic vague information but I can’t remember much :D I think they wanted people to engage and ask about their strains. Some let you roll joints with tons of weed in jars about and some had prerolls marked and in baggies for samples. The ones that did the best we’re the ones that organized ahead of time and prerolled the joints. I got a baggie with a five pack of pre rolls (diff strains they grew) That’s the guy that won the flower cup. They did not have a category for breeding at the cup I went to but lots of flower entries were unique strains:D
I would think that it would be better to turn in flower instead of pre-rolls so that people could actually see, smell and touch the buds beforehand. I get the convenience of the pre-rolls but I do not feel one can accurately judge a flower without ever having seen it. That may just be me though.

LOL...the bud is the harder part to part with. When I harvested the Stankberry, I kept the tops of the 4 mains for special occasions. Aside from those 4 tops, there isn't a lot left of that 6 zips. That strain went fast! I struggle with giving up those 4 big buds....I am a sentimentalist. I save the nicest buds off all my plants, who knows when I will get to partake with someone on a special occasion. I don't have much left except those 4 and there is no way I could enter without submitting those 4. And again, thank brother, I appreciate the caution.
You're welcome bud! And I feel you there. I still have at least one giant Shackzilla nug hanging around along with some big tops off of plants I have done in the last little while. I am definitely a "save the best for last" type of person and the tops represent the best IMO.

Thanks for the input Newty. I would think it would be a blind judging over a long period of time. I figure since all the Stuff has to be in a month and a half early, they get the samples over to the judges for the judges to sample over multiple settings. Can't imagine you could be able to tell much difference from if you did them all in one setting :eek:

Anyways, I addressed my Magnesium issue. Broke out my 60 gallons of cooked/cooking Stank soil and added the 2.5 gallons of Bio-Char and the epsom salt that I forgot to add when I mixed it all up initially. Got everything mixed back together but only after another shovel issue. Apparently one of the contractors that the landlord had doing work, accidentally took my brand new shovel that i bought after I broke the last one mixing the soil back in September. Well luckily, another contractor from another company had one I could borrow. Would not have been happy to have dumped it all out and then not have a shovel to mix or refill the containers. Barely beat the rain as it was.

I also went around and added a little bit epsom salt to the top of the Amherst as well several of the smaller plants that I have been slow growing. I also took that time to add in a bit more gypsum, Glacial Rock Dust, Basalt, Bat Guano and Kelp to the top of all those small pots. I started out cautiously on the Epsom Salt. My overall amount per batch of Stank Soil is 1/2 cup for 60-70 gallons. That breaks down to 8 Tablespoons or 24 Teaspoons for that 60 gallons or so, which translates to 1 teaspoon per 2.5 gallons of soil. Probably need to top dress 2 teaspoons into the top layer of the Hawaiian Mayan and about that much on the African Meltdown as well. I need to water the flower girls today anways so might as well do it all today. Man I hate having react to issues instead of doing stuff correctly the first time. LOL....lesson learned. I need a damn dry erase board hanging in my grow area where I can write down notes and shopping lists. I need to buy another bag of BioChar for the next batch of soil I need to mix.

I have some updates coming today......the Hawaiian Mayan for sure, and perhaps our ugly duckling the Purple Heaven reveg. She is one ugly plant LOL. But she is picking up steam and throwing lots of shoots so I know I will need to uppot to a 1 gallon here pretty soon. Cheers er'body!

I was watching some documentary about legal weed and one of the people they were following was judging a cup event. Well this person got to the cup at the last minute (probably a day or 2 before) and smoke through all of their samples in a matter of a day or 2. There was at least 75 different entries that they smoked. Like how the fuck were they able to discern which strain did what to them? It showed them smoke multiple entries basically back to back. Maybe 5 minutes of down time in between. i seriously cringed. I cannot believe that they would be able to give an honest opinion whilst judging when they just ran through everything. I hope that that is not the norm. If it is than effect should not be considered and it would be all based off of everything but.

I get the convenience of the pre-rolls but I do not feel one can accurately judge a flower
I've never understood how you can judge cannabis at an event like that other then having it tested and making it a numbers game. I mean if the first sample is real good doesn't that pretty much put an end to judging? Getting all high and moving on to the second sample.

I've never understood how you can judge cannabis at an event like that other then having it tested and making it a numbers game. I mean if the first sample is real good doesn't that pretty much put an end to judging? Getting all high and moving on to the second sample.
Yeah how are you going to judge the nuances of the different highs? Whos to say sample "x" is what really did it for you when you are already puffing on sample "z" without really experiencing it?

My buddies love that! If I harvest two plants and get everything cured I call and ask them if they're willing to do a taste test. I make sure to only give them one strain at a time. Next time they get strain 2

DTF Seedling Day 7

We are rolling right along with these babies. Gave them all a little drink of rain water today. The roots on #1 are some of the strongest and fastest developing I have had so far......definitely excited to see how it grows out. They were showing late on Day 4/early Day 5. Cheers!

Hawaiian Mayan Gold Flip Day 12, Day 2 With Hairs

Got this lady all doctored up today. I top dressed her a bit of Epsom Salt since I know she didn't have much Magnesium left in her soil. She got about a teaspoon, maybe a touch more. I wanted to go slowly and see how she reacts to it. I might add more in a few weeks to get her through flower if she starts showing any bad signs. Gave her a gallon of rain water tonight. Very interested in starting to get some smells from her. I keep catching faint scents from her but its never long enough to identify them. Soon hopefully!

African Meltdown Flip Day 26, Day 20 With Hairs

We have the big beast closing out the night. She seems to have handled her two previous top dressings with only a little bit of tip burn. Seems like whatever my deficiency was, it was taken care of with those top dressings. I added about a teaspoon of Epsom Salt to the top of her soil tonight since I know she is lacking some of that as well.

Gave her a gallon of rain water tonight along with her top dressing. She is really frosting up nicely. We took about 20 leaves off her tonight, as we are starting to open her canopy up a bit. She has about another week to 10 days before she will likely start to use that energy in those leaves. She is very sticky if you touch her. Scents are still a little all over the place. Got what we thought were tones of bubble gum tonight while she had some lime to her last watering. She should be interesting to see how she finishes.

They look very healthy, man :)

Hawaiian Mayan Gold Flip Day 12, Day 2 With Hairs

Got this lady all doctored up today. I top dressed her a bit of Epsom Salt since I know she didn't have much Magnesium left in her soil. She got about a teaspoon, maybe a touch more. I wanted to go slowly and see how she reacts to it. I might add more in a few weeks to get her through flower if she starts showing any bad signs. Gave her a gallon of rain water tonight. Very interested in starting to get some smells from her. I keep catching faint scents from her but its never long enough to identify them. Soon hopefully!

day two with hairs ???? wtf that cant be ... she looks on par with my BD which is further along ....

Back
Top Bottom