Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Yeah temps do matter. YOu want it 70-85 preferably to cook it. I will be bringing it into my basement and adding a heating pad underneath just to give it a little more heat. Microbial activity will slow down drastically in cooler temps.

Post it here. Someone will remind you later when you go looking for it :).
I meant to, but the back started kicking really bad after dealing with that broken shovel LOL. Then too much cannabis and I forgot all about the back problem and the missing ingredients apparently LOL.

Little soil update.

Been looking at the newer plants going in the latest batch of Stank Soil and I couldn't help but thinking something seemed off. I knew that I was out of Bio-Char when I mixed up the last batch but I was also out of something else that I subsequently forgot. I have been trying to remember what it was but it had been slipping my mind. Well last night I figured it out.....Epsom Salt. I don't have the Magnesium in the soil that I need. Starting to see the discoloration in the leaves on the Amherst Sour Diesel.

Its interesting because I have a clone of the Tangie Ghost Train that has been sitting in its half gallon pot for going a month and a half before it started showing any deficiencies in conjunction with the rain water. I expected it start hitting and its not really a big surprise that Magnesium was the issue. I try to keep my Magnesium levels at the lower end of the spectrum. Even at the low level, my normal soil has plenty of Mg in it...but forgetting the Epsom Salt is a big deal as thats my primary source of Magnesium for the new soil. There would be no way my Amherst Sour Diesel should be showing any Mg deficiency at this point if I had used it.

So my plan of action will be to break out my soil again and add the bio-char and Epsom Salt to it and let it cook again. In the mean time I will start top dressing a little bit of Epson Salt into the Amherst Sour Diesel pot, the Hawaiian Mayan Gold, and anything else in the newer soil (I can't remember if the African Meltdown has any new soil in it....I think its in last batch. I will also mix a little Epsom Salt into the next watering and give them just a little soluble Mg until the stuff in the soil starts breaking down.

Lesson learned for me on this. Any items that I am out of at mixing, I will make notes on and document. I am just glad I got it figured out. Can't tell you all how many times I have sat staring at that Amherst Sour Diesel and thinking "man something just seems off with the energy of my soil, what is it missing?"
Do you make your own bio-char?

No, not yet. Once we are moved into the new house and I don't have to worry about nosey landlords I will start doing much more of our stuff on our own. I hear its not difficult to make. That is really the end state.....being able to do my soil as much as possible from local stuff. We can make trips out to the coast for seaweed. We can harvest shells for calcium as well. The fewer amendments I need to buy, the better. Some things I know I will need to buy. Don't know that Neem trees can grow in the northeast and if they could, I don't have the time to wait for them to use LOL.

Don't think I will be growing cotton for cotton meal. I might grow Alfalfa for the Alfalfa meal. I would be interested in establishing a hydroponic setup with our own Tilapia and utilizing the waste. Lots of stuff we will be doing so we can upgrade our soil capacity. Hopefully we have no more than a month left here.

No, not yet. Once we are moved into the new house and I don't have to worry about nosey landlords I will start doing much more of our stuff on our own. I hear its not difficult to make. That is really the end state.....being able to do my soil as much as possible from local stuff. We can make trips out to the coast for seaweed. We can harvest shells for calcium as well. The fewer amendments I need to buy, the better. Some things I know I will need to buy. Don't know that Neem trees can grow in the northeast and if they could, I don't have the time to wait for them to use LOL. Don't think I will be growing cotton for cotton meal. I might grow Alfalfa for the Alfalfa meal. I would be interested in establishing a hydroponic setup with our own Tilapia and utilizing the waste. Lots of stuff we will be doing so we can upgrade our soil capacity. Hopefully we have no more than a month left here.

I got my "leaves wanted" sign out on the road...people drop their leaves straight into my compost area...I personally don't rake leaves, so happy to take theirs. Also have a deal with the local library that dumps their ash from their pellet boiler right on top of the leaf pile. Then I throw on some manure in the spring and let it sit for a year. Hopefully you'll have an area to compost.

There isn't much waste from aquaponics....when done properly the waste is converted to Nitrogen by the bacteria.

For char I just have an old 55-gallon with the top cut off and I throw in wood scraps as i find them....fire it up and let it burn and then douse it with 2x 5-gallons buckets.

Treat yourself to a Rubbermaid Farm Cart as a house-warming gift!

Hey guys, we have a question for all of y'all. We want to know if anyone out there has been to the Harvest Cups/Cannabis Cups and if you happened to notice any of the information included on the Entries being displayed?

I am asking because I measured up the remaining Stankberry and we have enough remaining to make the entry requirement and we have decided to throw the Stankberry into the arena. We filled out the form and they are asking for product description. Besides the Strain Name and it being a hybrid, I don't know what else we should include for the display sample. If anyone has been and has any experience they can share we sure would appreciate you sharing it with us! Nothing ventured, nothing gained right!

Maybe ask @newty ........she not only attended a cannabis event she was a one of the judges I believe she said. She may be able to offer some information and advice?

Thanks guys.....kind of exciting but expectations are obviously tempered. But ya never know and if by some minor miracle we place, it would be awesome exposure. If nothing else, I will get to see lab reports on our stuff LOL and attend the event.

Thanks guys.....kind of exciting but expectations are obviously tempered. But ya never know and if by some minor miracle we place, it would be awesome exposure. If nothing else, I will get to see lab reports on our stuff LOL and attend the event.
I'm going into the midterm elections with the same expectations haha

Back
Top Bottom