Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

But patience....I know just a little patience and she should be growing like mad here soon.

You sound like me.... There are certain time periods that seem to take forever. The very first seedling time frame and right after the flip waiting for the first pistils to show. I am looking in there a couple of times a day. with all you have going on in different stages you should have enough to satisfy you though.

For me the part that tests my patience is that plant that just doesn't seem to want to finish. I've invested so much time in it to chop it early, but have two plants ready to take it's place and it's taking it's sweet time.

Thanks Yeti, appreciate it bud. Those Slurricane's look interesting. Looking forward to growing one. How does she smoke?:ganjamon:

I could not tell you from personal experience. I have not touched it. A lot of strains cause anxiety issues for me. My wife loves it though and so does just about everyone else that has tried it. Mine smells like red wine once dried. More accurate would probably be wine flavored blunt wraps. Everyone has commented on how good it tastes.

African Meltdown Flip Day 21, Day 15 With Hairs

Did a full plant removal and tent cleaning again today, once a week if it needs it or not! Anyone notice the water bottles are cut down?? Gave this girl a gallon of rain water. All the plants are slowing their drinking down quite a bit as the temps have dropped quite a bit.

You will notice I added a couple pics of a some leaves. I am starting to see my first real signs of deficiency in the soil. Looks to be what looks rust spots which can be a phosphorus deficiency. There are a lot of tops on this girl so I suppose it could be phosphorus struggling to meet the demands. Anyways, I top dressed some seabird guano in there (along with the top dressing of EWC, Glacial Rock Dust, Basalt, and Gypsum on the last watering) and will likely top dress some Kelp Meal as well on the next watering (I meant to do it today but watered before I added it.....Opps). Gonna monitor it.....its only showing on a couple leaves at this point.

She didn't stretch nearly as much as all the others growing this strain had. They all think I have a very Chernobyl leaning pheno. I did get a good whiff of lime come from her. I will be doing some selective plucking over the next 5 days to make sure we have good penetration....its like a jungle in this girl's canopy. She is getting nice and frosty for this time.

She's looking great Van

No....not ready for that and too much stuff going on here. We should be closing on the house by the end of November (assuming the septic gets dealt with properly) and then we have to do the whole move and get everything set up. Would definitely be cool to go check it out. Are you gonna go?

No....not ready for that and too much stuff going on here. We should be closing on the house by the end of November (assuming the septic gets dealt with properly) and then we have to do the whole move and get everything set up. Would definitely be cool to go check it out. Are you gonna go?
I really want to. I might try to get Ms otter interested in getting a room for the night and uber from the cup to the room. We both have days when our health determines our course so plans are hard to nail down. I am however 100% sure I will go barring health or family issues. Hehe, that's weak yet positive. It's going to be a blast if we can sample as we go.

I would like to go as well. Just looked.....its 150 bucks to enter. Not sure I have enough Stankberry left to enter though. You need to have 18 grams and that's close at this point. Would be a hoot just to experience it though! Maybe we can all hook up there!

Little soil update.

Been looking at the newer plants going in the latest batch of Stank Soil and I couldn't help but thinking something seemed off. I knew that I was out of Bio-Char when I mixed up the last batch but I was also out of something else that I subsequently forgot. I have been trying to remember what it was but it had been slipping my mind. Well last night I figured it out.....Epsom Salt. I don't have the Magnesium in the soil that I need. Starting to see the discoloration in the leaves on the Amherst Sour Diesel.

Its interesting because I have a clone of the Tangie Ghost Train that has been sitting in its half gallon pot for going a month and a half before it started showing any deficiencies in conjunction with the rain water. I expected it start hitting and its not really a big surprise that Magnesium was the issue. I try to keep my Magnesium levels at the lower end of the spectrum. Even at the low level, my normal soil has plenty of Mg in it...but forgetting the Epsom Salt is a big deal as thats my primary source of Magnesium for the new soil. There would be no way my Amherst Sour Diesel should be showing any Mg deficiency at this point if I had used it.

So my plan of action will be to break out my soil again and add the bio-char and Epsom Salt to it and let it cook again. In the mean time I will start top dressing a little bit of Epson Salt into the Amherst Sour Diesel pot, the Hawaiian Mayan Gold, and anything else in the newer soil (I can't remember if the African Meltdown has any new soil in it....I think its in last batch. I will also mix a little Epsom Salt into the next watering and give them just a little soluble Mg until the stuff in the soil starts breaking down.

Lesson learned for me on this. Any items that I am out of at mixing, I will make notes on and document. I am just glad I got it figured out. Can't tell you all how many times I have sat staring at that Amherst Sour Diesel and thinking "man something just seems off with the energy of my soil, what is it missing?"

Back
Top Bottom