Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Looking great per usual Van Stanksalot. Hey got a question for you. Want to hit my Gt lower buds with some Zamadelica pollen. No one else will be in flower because i am taking the mazar/early skunk down tomorrow. How do i make sure the golden tiger doesn't get over pollinated? Know you have been bullet proof on just pollinating a few buds?

Well if you are only looking for a few dozen seeds I would put paper bags over everything you don't want pollinated and then hit the ones you want to pollinate with a paint brush or a q-tip.

Any way that will allow you to prevent pollen from going where you don't want it will work. Give the pollen overnight and then spray the cola/buds you pollinated with water to kill any remaining active pollen on the leaves or stems. After you spray, pull all the paper bags off and spray all those buds with water to kill any active pollen that might still be floating around. I generally put a marker on the branches I pollinate so I know what branches have the seeds. Usually I just tie a pipe cleaner around them to mark em.

Probably at least 100 different ways to skin this cat brother, just gotta find what works for you.

Now if you want to know a really cool way to knock up your girls before they are in flower, let Stank share a little trick with ya. You know the preflower hairs that your girls throw out to show their sex? Hit those with a couple grains of pollen while they are still in veg and you can have seeds going in veg. My Hawaiian Mayan Gold is in its first week of 12/12 and she already has 30-50 seeds on her that are probably viable. I hit those back when I pollinated the Northern lights just to see what would happen. They will in fact produce seeds while still in veg.

No, there needs to be pistils for there to be pollination. When a grain of pollen hits the pistil, the pollination begins immediately. There will only be seeds where the pre flower pistils were popping up. Usually this will occurs in the calyx that is alone by the node.

Here you go. If you hit the pistils coming out of the preflower calyx, you will have seeds forming in veg. They don't impact the bud development from what I can tell as there aren't a lot of them. It can allow you to make only the amount of seeds you want without impacting the buds.

I tend to pollinate full plants most of the time I play around with pollen but this is probably my preferred method to selective pollination at this point. Now a disclaimer...I haven't tested any seeds produced this way yet so there is a chance they might not be viable but I can't see why they wouldn't.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge bro! I wrote it down and will hopefully be able to try it in the future. I still have to get the whole growing part down first, but I've always dreamed of creating my own strain.

ATF Seedling Day 6 (Yesterday)

She's getting a little leggy but I will add an additional inch of soil on the top to shorten it up a bit. First roots hit the side of the cup so I expect to start seeing a bit more growth on it. Meant to post these last night but real life got in the way.

Things are looking good over here at the Stank Ranch! I have noticed that a lot of these newer strains have some crazy bud density to them. My Slurricane is the densest thing I have ever grown. I was able to put almost 5 ounces in a half gallon jar that would typically only hold 2!

Thanks Yeti, appreciate it bud. Those Slurricane's look interesting. Looking forward to growing one. How does she smoke?:ganjamon:
Wow Van that BCP is a looker for sure. The rest of the garden is looking spot on also. Nice
Thanks Derby, she is sure putting on a show for us all! Hope all is well with you brother.:passitleft:
Wow! that BCP is the best I can even smell it here. Keep it green.:goodjob:

Thanks Drift, she is amazing! The smells are so unique and she is uber sticky! :drool:

Super healthy baby lovin' life!

Thanks brother....she's off to a good start.:slide:
BCP, WOW Stank! :high-five::high-five::high-five::bravo:

That's gonna be POTM fo shiz! Mine is nothing like that but still a vigorous one. Frost and Sweet smells are just starting about 3weeks post flip.

:passitleft:

Hey Ween! Thanks brother.....she is certainly looking like a contender for December! Looking forward to growing another cut from her. Gotta make some S1s of her too! Waiting for a small clone that wants to take its time growing roots. Hope yours smells as nice as this one! :goodluck:

Well I didn't have much hope for this clone. I broke off the only root that popped out of the rooter plug. I figured what the hell, throw it in a cup of soil and see what happens. It shot 2 roots out and then it kind of stalled for a couple weeks. It has finally started throwing out new roots so I have hope. I am tempted to take another cut off the one I am going to use to make seeds with and see if it won't root and grow faster than this one. But patience....I know just a little patience and she should be growing like mad here soon.

Back
Top Bottom