Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Isn't rain the same as distilled water?
No and Mr. Stank did a good job explaining it. Think of it like this. Before rain forms everything is in a gaseous state in the cloud. There are a lot of elements floating around. When the hydrogen and oxygen bond to form water they fall through the atmosphere and scrub it gaining some purified riders including nitrogen.

RO units use mechanical and chemical filtration to scrub everything clean. Distilled water is boiled and whatever can still float in the steam is retained. So the two systems are similar but slightly different. You're still not going to beat rain water.

Ok, so I have a need for some help for a friend. He is looking for a website or a source for learning how to make distillate cartridges.

I don't vape or do any of that stuff that isn't flower so I am no help to him. But I am hoping some of you pros like @TheMadDabber or @Grandpa Tokin or anyone else out there is familiar with that stuff, can point us in the right direction. Any and all input is welcome! Thanks guys and gals....looking forward to seeing y'all work your magic!

No and Mr. Stank did a good job explaining it. Think of it like this. Before rain forms everything is in a gaseous state in the cloud. There are a lot of elements floating around. When the hydrogen and oxygen bond to form water they fall through the atmosphere and scrub it gaining some purified riders including nitrogen.

RO units use mechanical and chemical filtration to scrub everything clean. Distilled water is boiled and whatever can still float in the steam is retained. So the two systems are similar but slightly different. You're still not going to beat rain water.
Thanks Sam! My question was more referring to minerals, which rainwater doesn't provide, similar to distilled in that way.

There are trace minerals found in rainwater shed. Trace minerals can be found on dust and other particals that they encounter as they fall through the atmosphere. Not saying its a lot, just that it can contain them as well much higher levels of oxygen and other good stuff (or bad stuff in some cases....acid rain?).

But what I can tell you as someone who has been experimenting with lots of water and water sources and doing different things to make the water better, is that I can say this with no doubt.......plants grown from rain water grow much healthier and better than with any other water source I have access to. I get better responses from the plants than when I used ACT with tap water, bottled water, distilled water, or even local spring water. I don't really do the ACTs much with the rain water.....almost seems too much for the plants. I get tips that curl up in little tight loops and then burn the tips so no need with the rain water and my soil. I add a teaspoon or two of liquid kelp every 3rd or 4th watering instead of doing the ACT and they go crazy with no burnt tips or curled ends. Love my rain water. I am still tinkering with it.....in combination with other natural amendments but I won't use anything but rain water going forward.

Ok, so I have a need for some help for a friend. He is looking for a website or a source for learning how to make distillate cartridges.

I don't vape or do any of that stuff that isn't flower so I am no help to him. But I am hoping some of you pros like @TheMadDabber or @Grandpa Tokin or anyone else out there is familiar with that stuff, can point us in the right direction. Any and all input is welcome! Thanks guys and gals....looking forward to seeing y'all work your magic!
There are a couple of break downs on how to make cartridges on the rosin press info thread. They are not distillate carts, but they break down how to make honey oil using alcohol and then turn it into cartridges. It was in the last 2 pages of the thread I believe.

Rosin Press - Information Thread

Hmm so distillate is made by taking bho. And winterizing it (dissolving into ethanol). That solution is put in a really cold freezer for 24 hours. Then they filter it through various buchner funnels to remove fats and lipids. Finally, that refined solution us suckee into a rotating evaporator where the product is distilled.

Hmm so distillate is made by taking bho. And winterizing it (dissolving into ethanol). That solution is put in a really cold freezer for 24 hours. Then they filter it through various buchner funnels to remove fats and lipids. Finally, that refined solution us suckee into a rotating evaporator where the product is distilled.

That sounds really really complicated!!:hmmmm:

That sounds really really complicated!!:hmmmm:
Yep distillate even in a crude form requires a lot of work and many steps. I know vex had a decent suggestion for a company that sold a liquid you could add to wax/shatter add heat then vape in a cartridge. The other option is PG like they put in e cogs. Terps are also another way to dilute / liquidize the concentrate

Haven't tried the cartridges are they good? Seen tons of those single use ones on IG

Haven't tried the cartridges are they good? Seen tons of those single use ones on IG
I'm not a huge cartridge guy. I do like the discretion and convenience! It is THC not THCV so the smar but different. It kinda burns if I exhale through my nose? but yeah we make and sell them in all kinds of flavors. Weed flavored and like watermelon and blueberry. They are the #1 seller down south. I would say pre rolled joints and flower is most popular up here

Hey OL.....been busy bud. Exciting times here. Spent the day tearing down about a fifth of the the garden. Thank goodness Ms Stank likes to work.....well maybe not likes but likes to help me....cause this was some tough stuff. Think we will skip a day and tear down a few more boxes. Some of these boxes hold a lot of dirt and take a lot to empty. Back was feeling it from yesterday (emptying out the basement) so today really had it screaming at me.

On the grow front, got the new BCP clone transplanted into a #1, one of the African Meltdown transplanted into a #1, and up potted the Amherst Sour Diesel to a #2.

The last BCP clone finally showed it's 1st root yesterday (day 14), so I have that one and one more African Meltdown to transplant. Gonna give the BCP a couple days for more roots to pop through before transplanting. Gotta find a home for the remaining African Meltdown clone, working on one possibility...so we will see how it goes. If all else fails, I will mainline her.

Trying to keep the big Meltdown from growing out of the veg tent. No way I can get two weeks out of her.....i will be lucky to get 5 more days. She is exploding now that her roots are all spread in the 10 gallon pot. I am officially worried. She isn't showering and she grew an inch yesterday. Gonna give her a big hair cut and make final adjustments to her bondage straps tomorrow and hope that will slow her down for a day or two. I would like to get her to friday before flipping but not sure that will happen. I am scared lol.

I am toying with some sort of single plant SCROG net just to provide additional support for the meltdown. There are gonna be a lot of them and i have a feeling they will be LONG. If I don't do a SCROG, I will do bamboo poles and some string or wire. This plant is gonna put on a show!!

I don't know how ya do it mr.Stank but classy all the way.....haha. Flower tent is amazing, I can't believe the GG that is still 1 strain I must get my hands on.....

And lots of clones I see, how was the WW I apologise if I've missed it. I might be mistaken .....
Really like the BCP as well but I need to do a blueberry 1st as I tried some a cpl weeks ago and loved it.....

afternoon ms.Stank.....:Namaste:

Hey Van...or anyone lol. I have the same GGA seeds and can’t wait to grow them but would also like to grow a good GG photo one day. What breeder would you guys recommend for a top notch gorilla glue strain?

Hey MaGoo! Gorilla Glue....hmmm...well I have a version from Nirvana (though I haven't grown anything from Nirvana they have one of the best reputations among the European banks0. I also have a version from Expert Seeds but I haven't run any of them. I am probably not a good person to ask.

I will be able to give you my opinion on Fast Buds in a few weeks. I might see if I can't find a bud on that plant that I can cut off for a tester.

@Grandpa Tokin is the expert on Gorilla Glue, He might be able to offer a better recommendation than me brother.

Anyways, hope everyone is having a great weekend. Been trimming up the Meltdown for about an hour....taking a lot of leaves off her and open her up for flipping next week. Hope everyone gets to enjoy some good football today!

I don't know how ya do it mr.Stank but classy all the way.....haha. Flower tent is amazing, I can't believe the GG that is still 1 strain I must get my hands on.....

And lots of clones I see, how was the WW I apologise if I've missed it. I might be mistaken .....
Really like the BCP as well but I need to do a blueberry 1st as I tried some a cpl weeks ago and loved it.....

afternoon ms.Stank.....:Namaste:
Hey Smeegs

They widow though fluffy and airy turned out to be decent smoke. I tried as much as I could to be disappointed with her but despite me wanting to be disappointed, she is pretty good smoke. I have a clone of her going but not sure I am going to keep it around. I might ditch it and grow another version of White Widow......perhaps Mr Nice or even Nirvana.

Back
Top Bottom