Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Damn the leaves on that BCP look like they're being sucked up in a vacuum cleaner!
Right? Weird. Same soil.....same light....same environment.....nothing additional added to water other than kelp that other plants get occasionally as well. Weird but hella interesting. Wish I understood the 'whys'!

Your soil is electric Van! Looks awesome :thumb: you must be excit d about the impending meltdown

I can't tell you guys how excited I am about the Meltdown Amy. I have put more 'work' into her than any other plant, bending and twisting and getting her in the shape I want (really hoping the buds will hold the design shape through flowering...its gonna look really cool if it does). Lots of hours spent medicated staring at her trying to figure out how to manipulate branches here and there. Lots of frustration too LOL. Two different lower node shoots, both only had one of the two branches grow to the canopy.....which meant two unsymmetrical shoots screwing up the shape I was shooting for.....as well figuring out how to make two shoots appear in the locations where I wanted the two that wouldn't grow. Its great to have a plan but these darn plants don't always want to cooperate LOL.

Not every plant 'speaks' to me when growing, but she sure did. I hate to sound like one of the eccentric hippy type people (though looking more and more like Gandalf every day - minus the grey) that I used to think sounded bat shit crazy, but I swear cannabis changes, seemingly to tighten or strengthen the bond towards plants/mother nature. I find myself appreciating things much differently (and no I am not medicated as I write this). Definitely sparks the creative side. This is an amazing plant that we have all chosen to become intimate with.

Ok, hippie rant over.

Not every plant 'speaks' to me when growing, but she sure did. I hate to sound like one of the eccentric hippy type people (though looking more and more like Gandalf every day - minus the grey) that I used to think sounded bat shit crazy, but I swear cannabis changes, seemingly to tighten or strengthen the bond towards plants/mother nature. I find myself appreciating things much differently (and no I am not medicated as I write this). Definitely sparks the creative side. This is an amazing plant that we have all chosen to become intimate with.

Ok, hippie rant over.
Welcome to the dark side Van :love: It’s totally true.

I remember reading somewhere that plants will do this sometimes to ‘self-manage’ light intensity. Angling the leaves towards the sun (light) reduces the surface area exposed to light. It makes sense then that you say it’s only in the top regions and I don’t think it means the light is too much or anything. But my outdoor ones definitely ‘prayed’ harder on very intense days. Maybe it’s this...

:Namaste:

Amherst Sour Diesel Veg Day 18

This girl is picking up steam. Looks like I will get her to 21 days in the solo cup. Looks like rain water is the key for me to get there without needing to up-pot. Her roots are looking ready so I expect her to take off as soon as she is in her new home.

Hawaiian Mayan Gold Clone Day 99

She's patiently waiting for her up pot. Gave her some rain water yesterday and she's almost ready for another drink today. I am barely getting 2 days out of the 3 gallon pot. Still have at least two more weeks before I up pot her. Glad she is a patient girl!

She is starting to smell a bit sweeter. I need to give her another hair cut which I might do tomorrow.

Oh I forgot.....also dropped a Humboldt Green Crack bean today. Was torn between a few strains like usual but changed to this one at this last minute.

Soaked the seed for a few hours and it just sunk. Will plant it in the AM. I love new genetics! Cheers!

Cloning Update

Just wanted to give a quick update on some recent cloning I did. If you remember, I accidentally dropped my cell phone right on the previous Black Cherry Punch clone I took and snapped her in 2 places. I put her back together and she seems to be growing but I don't want to take the chance of making seeds from a clone I snapped in pieces in case it leads to increased chances of throwing nanners. So I took two more cuttings off the Black Cherry Punch as well as taking a few cuttings of the African Meltdown.

I took 4 cuttings off the African for 2 cuts going forward. One will be used to keep the genetic line around in case she is fire and the other to make some S1s again in case she is fire. I always take one cutting and try direct sow into soil and see if I can get it to root, so # 4 went right in soil without rooting in rapid rooter plugs.

For anyone joining the party late, I do my clones under a cheapy humidity dome and a small 96 watt 4 bulb T5. The clones go into a rapid rooter plug that soaked in distilled water with a little clonex solution. I spray the underside of the clone's leaves with a water and clonex solution 1x a day as well as spraying the rapid rooter plug with that same water and clonex solution.

I generally see roots by 12 days, sometimes as quickly as 7-8 days. Of the 6 clones I took, 4 were African, 2 were BCP. The fastest to root was one of the BCPs and one of the Meltdowns, both on 8 days. Had another Meltdown root on day 9 and the last Meltdown in rapid rooters rooted on day 12. Today is day 13 since I cut them.

I am also experimenting by waiting or massive amounts of roots to show on the rapid rooters before transplanting. I want to see if waiting a few days to transplant will result in a faster transition and growth. I will likely transplant them today. Any extras will be given away to friends.

African Meltdowns

Here is the Meltdown that was direct sowed. I poke a few holes in the bottom of the clear cup for drainage. Once I see any roots through the clear cup, I will put it inside a red solo cup. I have been 100% on direct sow cloning. Key is to keep them under the humidity dome just like a regular clone.

Black Cherry Punch Clone - Only 1 of 2 have rooted so far. Still waiting on the other one to do her thing.

I generally don't see a lot of leaf fade when I clone. You will also notice that I don't cut the tips off the leaves like others do. First time I tried it was just as an experiment and I have now made it part of routine. Doesn't do anything in my mind to effect the rooting so I don't do it. They have been in the dome the entire 13 days since I cut them. I increase the amount of air getting into the dome by opening the vent wider every couple days. It gets the cuttings used to slightly lower RH levels. I find this helps with the transition when they get potted.

Normally I would up pot the clones to 1 gallon pot or a half gallon pot but I am going to do one of the Meltdowns in a solo cup just to track the rooting speed once I transplants.

Well.....Could be the plant....or could it be the switch to the rain water? Everything has been happier in all the pots since I switched to rain water capture. No tap water for me again if I have anything to do with it (code word for mother nature cooperating). I hate this term.....game changer....but for us the rain water has made our grow water only with only the occasional ACT or splash of Kelp being the only addition. Forget RO water, get some damn rain water!!

Back
Top Bottom