Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Okay Van and miss Stank. Stankberry has moved to the top of my to grow list. Going down when I'm back to town. Along with CKS blueberry regs.

made these suckers for moms day slash my mom in laws b day. Can't wait to get back home and have it be grilling season.

Were you the one telling me about smoking bacon? Gonna have to try my hand at some smoking for sure!

Just the Spydrx Plus in the flower tent. 660 watts from the wall. Runs about 1 degree above the ambient room temp when I am running my carbon filter and fan at 75-80%

I have a Perfect Sun Dwarf Star in the veg tent along with a little 24 watt Strip LED from Hydro Farm. My clone/seedling tent has 2 of those 24 watt LED strips.

Its a killer light! I have ZERO buyers remorse. Even at the hefty price tag. Highly recommend it for those with the wallets to make it happen. Densest buds I have ever seen....by a long shot!

I hung my ribs in the Pit Barrel this time and it was the bees knees. I was always concerned they would dry out, but the opposite. That and a farm raised chicken, bisected, with some Famous Daves Chicken Rub....Rib Rub on the ribs. Sleeping in the tent tonight with the kids through the rain storm....
Brother what an amazing visual...... Thanks for that.

...purrfect!...I have a similar pump and plan on 5 gallon mixes as well...gracias!:thumb:...I envy you fellas in the states with being able to source stuff locally...it's improving here and should only get better as we go recreational legal later this year...cheerz,,,h00k...:rollit:
h00k I can help you Source anything on Van Stanks list in Canada..... I have a couple of hundred liters of his soil awaiting transport sometime this weekend LOL.

So I thought I'd share tonight's shots of some Stank genetics ATFs, kinda where it all started between Stank and myself.

My 3 in veg that are being donated to my brothers cause. 6 weeks in veg, multiple donations to my cloning area. Beautiful girls. These 3 ultimately wouldn't fit into my flower area where Is normally sit 6 plants.....
Here's why.......these 3 were exceptional for their age and must have just made a few less donations throughout their short lives lol.

It's past due I did a drive-by over here.......... I ain't much for reading, so I kind of look at pictures and seen acouple things of beauty in the last page or so,,, food and buddage..... That purple looks great.

Hope ya don't mind I take a peak now and then. I don't get out alot,,,, But I'll do afew drive-byes,,, iffin ya don't mind

Keepem Green

@Van Stank, apologies for hijacking your thread but the members here can probably best address my question. It pertains to "flavor" and, less importantly, "smell".
1) Is is solely/mainly attributable to genetics?
2) Does the time of harvest (trichomes) affect it significantly?
3) Can it be negatively impacted during harvest, washing, curing?
The new search on 420 stinks and I am having trouble getting a handle on it. My buddy from Hawaii loves the "look" and "stone" of my buds but says he is perplexed by lack of taste and smell. I am not the best judge of either, hence polling here.
All opinions appreciated.
( I grow in soil and sunlight, wash with lemon juice/baking soda, dry and cure in a dark cool place...on the coast of Maine)
AND...smoking chicken and ribs today...you?
:)
Do your buds smell different before and after washing? Are you washing in cool water? Do the buds smell better as they cure?

Do your buds smell different before and after washing? Are you washing in cool water? Do the buds smell better as they cure?
Hard to say if they smell different...I harvest, wash and slow dry in my root cellar. They smell good all the way. I think all buds smells best at harvest because they are still alive. My first wash bucket is warm water and my 2x rinse are cool. Yes, I think the buds smell better as they cure, but none really stink out the room as others I have seen.

One thing I might have done wrong is not let the buds fully ripen. I only just got a loupe and was using a large magnifying glass prior. They all seemed ready...but possible they could have gone longer?...just trying to identify operator error issues (that I can correct).

@Van Stank, apologies for hijacking your thread but the members here can probably best address my question. It pertains to "flavor" and, less importantly, "smell".

1) Is is solely/mainly attributable to genetics?
2) Does the time of harvest (trichomes) affect it significantly?
3) Can it be negatively impacted during harvest, washing, curing?

The new search on 420 stinks and I am having trouble getting a handle on it. My buddy from Hawaii loves the "look" and "stone" of my buds but says he is perplexed by lack of taste and smell. I am not the best judge of either, hence polling here.

All opinions appreciated.

( I grow in soil and sunlight, wash with lemon juice/baking soda, dry and cure in a dark cool place...on the coast of Maine)

AND...smoking chicken and ribs today...you?
:)

have nothing I can say to help with an answer...but perhaps @bobrown14 or @brightlight could offer some insight to answer your questions as I am curious to know as well.

things are looking great van! Should have filled up a garbage can for the bud wash on the stank colas lol its 8am here and I now want chicken and ribs lol thanks guys.

hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Brother what an amazing visual...... Thanks for that.
Here's an actual image to add to the visual...this was our "family treat" last year...a 14x16 Davis wall tent (with wood stove)...we set it up in our backyard and have camped out in it probably 20x through the winter (mostly weekend nights so the kids can stay up later). We use proper cots, heavy flannel sleeping bags, and wool blankets under the bags. Dog even has a raised bed and blanket. Can hear the coyotes all night long sometimes. Last night was heavy rain, then the loons on the pond doing their crazy calling, then geese and ducks honking this morning.

Here's an actual image to add to the visual...this was our "family treat" last year...a 14x16 Davis wall tent (with wood stove)...we set it up in our backyard and have camped out in it probably 20x through the winter (mostly weekend nights so the kids can stay up later). We use proper cots, heavy flannel sleeping bags, and wool blankets under the bags. Dog even has a raised bed and blanket. Can hear the coyotes all night long sometimes. Last night was heavy rain, then the loons on the pond doing their crazy calling, then geese and ducks honking this morning.

That's really cool!

Loving the "sounds" of that. Miss up north.

And a bit of Nuke fun tonight. Update coming on the Nukes tonight. Smoked some the Stankberry with a buddy that came over for dinner.....he loved it, even with only about a week drying. He looked pretty stoned LOL. I suspect its going to be another great daytime strain which is my goal.

Anyways, this was a great shot that I thought I would share here.....

This girl is gorgeous! Sexy sexy sexy...
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

It's past due I did a drive-by over here.......... I ain't much for reading, so I kind of look at pictures and seen acouple things of beauty in the last page or so,,, food and buddage..... That purple looks great.

Hope ya don't mind I take a peak now and then. I don't get out alot,,,, But I'll do afew drive-byes,,, iffin ya don't mind

Keepem Green
Hey Woody, glad to have you make your way through here. I try to put lots of pics up as well the usual cannabis/grow banter. Any questions, please feel free to ask bud!

Hard to say if they smell different...I harvest, wash and slow dry in my root cellar. They smell good all the way. I think all buds smells best at harvest because they are still alive. My first wash bucket is warm water and my 2x rinse are cool. Yes, I think the buds smell better as they cure, but none really stink out the room as others I have seen.

One thing I might have done wrong is not let the buds fully ripen. I only just got a loupe and was using a large magnifying glass prior. They all seemed ready...but possible they could have gone longer?...just trying to identify operator error issues (that I can correct).
Blew, do you do much wet trimming? I know on my very first harvest I did all the trimming wet and I got a very strong hay smell that took a while to disappear. I no longer take much besides fan leaves when I cut it down. I do the bud wash and hang dry for 2-4 days (depending on humidity) and then I trim any of the bigger sugar leaves I dont want to keep on. I don't really trim for bag appeal so I don't mind the small sugar leaves drying and curling around the bud.

I find with less wet trimming....I get a better smell during the dry and cure process.

Back to your original question about smells and tastes. I dont know that I can give you answer for that question. I am sure that the medium you grow in impacts it. I know that my stuff is my Stank Soil has phenomenal terpenes and is exceptionally smooth. I struggle with tastes on my weed and taste it much more when I vape the flower than smoke it in the bong.

Some of the bottle growers use products that are supposed to increase the terpene strength and improve tastes but I don't use those. Wish I could help a bit more but I am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom