Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

@Van Stank, apologies for hijacking your thread but the members here can probably best address my question. It pertains to "flavor" and, less importantly, "smell".

1) Is is solely/mainly attributable to genetics?
2) Does the time of harvest (trichomes) affect it significantly?
3) Can it be negatively impacted during harvest, washing, curing?

The new search on 420 stinks and I am having trouble getting a handle on it. My buddy from Hawaii loves the "look" and "stone" of my buds but says he is perplexed by lack of taste and smell. I am not the best judge of either, hence polling here.

All opinions appreciated.

( I grow in soil and sunlight, wash with lemon juice/baking soda, dry and cure in a dark cool place...on the coast of Maine)

AND...smoking chicken and ribs today...you?
:)

you have them in tomato cages right? When my tomatoes started hitting the 3-4ft mark in June last year I started training them around the tomato cage... There's this stuff you can get... Plant velcro is what my mum called it... I weaved them in and out circularly through the tomato cage, used the velcro to hold in place and removed once it had grown strong enough to hold itself in place ... Would have worked awesome had I started earlier... Stupid things ended up 7-8ft tall. anyways long story short, might be something to consider
Started training them today....:cool:

I love hearing that! I hope you kill it with the DTF! That will be the next Stank Genetics bean we pop. Though I do have a handful of Stankberry CBD seeds. I will get that strain tested to see the numbers.
They are all looking frisky....

Well you see now why the Stankberry was my pick for you to grow in the 45 gallon pot! I want to see those colas in your greenhouse!!
The 45 is sitting there waiting for the Stankberry....I couldn't bring myself to bumping it for being a dude...

@Van Stank, apologies for hijacking your thread but the members here can probably best address my question. It pertains to "flavor" and, less importantly, "smell".

1) Is is solely/mainly attributable to genetics?
2) Does the time of harvest (trichomes) affect it significantly?
3) Can it be negatively impacted during harvest, washing, curing?

The new search on 420 stinks and I am having trouble getting a handle on it. My buddy from Hawaii loves the "look" and "stone" of my buds but says he is perplexed by lack of taste and smell. I am not the best judge of either, hence polling here.

All opinions appreciated.

( I grow in soil and sunlight, wash with lemon juice/baking soda, dry and cure in a dark cool place...on the coast of Maine)

AND...smoking chicken and ribs today...you?
:)
Ok, will get to the other questions but for the last question.....this is the answer for today. They have about 30 minutes left on the smoker.

Finished the harvest late last night on the Stankberry. I weighed half of one of the mains earlier today.....I had to cut it in half in order to wash it in the 5 gallon bucket (even flipping it around wouldn't let me wash the whole cola) and it was just under 90 grams for the one colas. Will probably be 15-20 grams for that half of the main cola by the time its dry.

Didn't really take many pics of her after she was cut down. I just wanted to go to bed LOL.

I will get to your question about the bud smell and flavor in a second....gotta check the ribs!

Mornin' Stank...I will be incorporating ACT's this year...do you just use a pump and air stone?...if so, just one air stone, or more per bucket?...Gracias...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:
Hey H00K, I do use a pump and airstone for my ACT. I have a small pump that has two hookups for hoses/air stones. You don't need a crap ton of air if you are just mixing ACT in 5 gallon buckets. Now if you are making hundreds of gallons ACT, you need more.

I usually have one stone going in the ACT and one in the next bucket of water to aerate it as well (not sure if it does anything beneficial or not but I do it!)

I SHOULD get over here more brother.....my bad! I just salivate at the inside of that tent. It gets outta control and Ms.Cavallero complains about the mess lmao. Seriously though my friend, its like a weed growing how to over here! Love the diversity of strains, your explanations have always been amazing.......Nice job in the tent guys....Seriously!
I figured you would like that Stank plant. I know you have a crap ton of stuff going on in your world including a lot of plants. Good to see you swing through though brother! Some of those Stankberry nuggets have your name on it when you come down this year.

....gotta check the ribs!

I hung my ribs in the Pit Barrel this time and it was the bees knees. I was always concerned they would dry out, but the opposite. That and a farm raised chicken, bisected, with some Famous Daves Chicken Rub....Rib Rub on the ribs. Sleeping in the tent tonight with the kids through the rain storm....

Hey H00K, I do use a pump and airstone for my ACT. I have a small pump that has two hookups for hoses/air stones. You don't need a crap ton of air if you are just mixing ACT in 5 gallon buckets. Now if you are making hundreds of gallons ACT, you need more.

I usually have one stone going in the ACT and one in the next bucket of water to aerate it as well (not sure if it does anything beneficial or not but I do it!)

...purrfect!...I have a similar pump and plan on 5 gallon mixes as well...gracias!:thumb:...I envy you fellas in the states with being able to source stuff locally...it's improving here and should only get better as we go recreational legal later this year...cheerz,,,h00k...:rollit:

8 ATFs topped and 8 clones in the flower tent awaiting their sex! You Stanks ready to see what these things can do in a scrog? I know I am.
Hell yeah we are!! Can't wait to see some SCROG'd ATF! They look great Ase, but we don't imagine them being anything other than that in your hands brother! Curious what smells you are going to get.

And a bit of Nuke fun tonight. Update coming on the Nukes tonight. Smoked some the Stankberry with a buddy that came over for dinner.....he loved it, even with only about a week drying. He looked pretty stoned LOL. I suspect its going to be another great daytime strain which is my goal.

Anyways, this was a great shot that I thought I would share here.....

That's absolutely gorgeous!
Yeah she has been fun here the last week or so. Been fun watching her come to an end. Great colors. Think I might try the tester of her tonight......she what she tastes like. But my buddy brought me 3 more strains to try so I might look up the info on them and see if any are night time strains. He brought me some Ghost OG, some Pineapple Skunk, and some Purple Tangent (which has no purple in it).

Ah thats one I have had and wanted to run for a while. I also have the SSSDH strain (Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze) but I figured I would rather start with growing Sour Diesel and Super Silver Haze before I grow their love child.

Back
Top Bottom